Hey everybody! It’s time for another ComputerCraft update. This one adds a few features people have been asking for for a while, including ubiquitous tab completion, taking the guesswork out of programming!
ComputerCraft 1.74 requires Minecraft version 1.7.10 with an up to date version of Minecraft Forge installed. Once you have Forge, drop the files into your /mods/ directory, and launch Minecraft.
- Added tab completion to “edit”, “lua” and the shell.
- Added textutils.complete(), fs.complete(), shell.complete(), shell.setCompletionFunction() and help.complete().
- Added tab completion options to read().
- Added “key_up” and “mouse_up” events.
- Non-advanced terminals now accept both grey colours.
- Added term.getTextColour(), term.getBackgroundColour() and term.blit().
- Improved the performance of text rendering on Advanced Computers.
- Added a “Run” button to the edit program on Advanced Computers.
- Turtles can now push players and entities (configurable).
- Turtles now respect server spawn protection (configurable).
- Added a turtle permissions API for mod authors.
- Implemented a subset of the Lua 5.2 API so programs can be written against it now, ahead of a future Lua version upgrade.
- Added a config option to disable parts of the Lua 5.1 API which will be removed when a future Lua version upgrade happens.
- Command Computers can no longer be broken by survival players.
- Fixed the “pick block” key not working on ComputerCraft items in creative mode.
- Fixed the “edit” program being hard to use on certain European keyboards.
- Added “_CC_VERSION” and “_MC_VERSION” constants.
Thanks again to everyone who helped beta test this update. If you’d like to help us test future versions, visit the ComputerCraft Beta Testing forums, where we’re currently testing the upcoming ComputerCraftEdu. More on that soon!