[CC 1.481][MC 1.4.7] BowTurtles - If melee is not enought

11 replies to this topic

#1 mentlerd

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:31 PM

Hello everyone!

This is my first time posting a mod, so please be kind.

This mod adds turtles, with bows! It is a peripheral, instead a tool, but it has its reasons. It can be crafted just like the melee turtle, but with a bow.

The API itself is quite simple, there is only a single method:
bow = peripheral.wrap( side )

bow.shoot( [power], [deltaX], [deltaY] )

The power is a number from 0 - 1, where 1 equals a fully pulled shot from a player. DeltaX and deltaY give offset to the shot, so you could shoot sideways. ( In a limited cone of 45 degrees )
The parameters are optional, and will default to 1, 0, 0.

In order to use the peripheral, you must provide a bow in the selected slot. The turtle will use this bow to fire, and take its enchantments to account.

Downloads:
- Version 1.0.0
- Version 1.1.0

Screenshot:
Spoiler

The mod alone does not do a lot of things, but combined with OpenCCSensors it is very powerful!

Since this is my first mod, I am open to any suggestions!

Changelog:
Spoiler

#2 Xavura

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:34 PM

Awesome! Downloading. :D

Will edit post later.

#3 NeverCast

• Members
  • 400 posts
  • LocationChristchurch, New Zealand

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:50 PM

Woah! This is gonna be SWEEET!!

Sentry Turtles, Heck yeah!

#4 Bubba

Use Code Tags!

• Moderators
  • 1,142 posts
  • LocationRHIT

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:01 PM

I think that although this a simple idea, this is one of the neatest things I've seen in a while. As you say, combined with OpenCCSensors I could easily create an infallible defense system. Even better, In combination with a GPS server and some player sensors, I could turn it into a bot which follows the player around and defends them.

#5 Dlcruz129

What's a Lua?

• Members
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:40 PM

+1. Great Work!

#6 mentlerd

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:07 AM

I made a little program to demonstrate capabilities. Make sure you have OpenCCSensors installed!

When starting the program, the turtle have to face the 0 direction, or it will not work!
( Place the bow on the left side, and the sensor to the right, and place a proximity card in the last slot of the turtle )

http://pastebin.com/VEkKqrNf

#7 Orwell

Self-Destructive

• Members
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:17 AM

This looks nice. :) It's kinda funny because I made this once too, this used to be my sig until last week:
Spoiler

I wanted it to be a weapon, but looking at your concept, having those parameters to alter your trajectory is brilliant. :D I love it. :) A small suggestion might making it act like a dispenser? Shooting fireballs is awesome. I planned on making it shoot ICBM missiles as well, but that mod is hard to hack into (all Japanese <_<). I love what you made of it, +1!

#8 mentlerd

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:47 AM

Version 1.1.0 - I added a few adjustments to timing, and config options.

The dispenser idea is neat, I will think about it.

#9 Sebra

• Members
  • 726 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:39 AM

Vertical aiming should be limited by 90 degrees, not 45.

#10 guachito001

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:45 AM

Made a really simple program to test the bow (the addon itself, no sensors) capabilities

See at http://pastebin.com/dkr2YDxw

#11 Simon

• Members
  • 58 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:09 AM

Nice!

Edit: Fireballs maybe?

#12 absorr

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 16 February 2013 - 10:31 AM

Hi, I would like to add your mod into a Tekkit addon I am making called the Hackers' Modkit. The modkit is all about adding more things for programming lovers to be able to do more with their code within Tekkit Lite. It will be an addon through the new custom zip feature in the Technic Launcher. You will, of course, be given the proper credit for your mod. I hope to hear from you soon with your reply!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users