Shape Builder

34 replies to this topic

#21 Keridos

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 05:27 PM

View PostPaksarra, on 12 March 2013 - 06:03 AM, said:

View PostHitorikirino, on 25 February 2013 - 08:04 AM, said:

Every time I try to run this program I am getting an error. It will place one block directly below it and then give the error before it moves. The error is "shape:28: attempt to compare number with string expected, got number".

This is probably because you have fuel disabled. I'm getting the same error for any program that checks fuel, and my server's admins are 2 to 1 against turning fuel back on for compatibility I am not happy with them.

Updated the Program. Unlimited fuel settings should be no more problem now.
Download still at this pastebin URL: http://pastebin.com/RAHj4r2K

/edit: Cleaned up the code a bit more.

/edit: another bit of code cleaning and restructuring. Maybe I will try to add in a hexagon function, but i cannot guarantee that. Also if anyone finds errors or has suggestions, would be nice if you added them aswell as issues on the github. Makes managing them pretty easy. Or post them in the new thread whenever I get around to making it.

/edit: merged the branch into the main program. So now we only have 1 program for all turtles. It automatically detects and uses mining and resupply modules. Chunkloader modules make the turtle not stop when you leave the age they work in (in smp)

#22 Kravyn

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 01:46 PM

nice script I am using the platform one for now but I was wondering if there is any way you can make the builds work downwards? I build on high platforms.

I would like to make either inverted builds (as in top down) or upside-down (like pyramids floor is at the top and the point is at bottom).

#23 Keridos

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 12:06 AM

Maybe I will add that functionality in, still need to figure out how to exactly do that

#24 bluzor

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 02:19 AM

i'm a pretty big fan of this! is there any chance to get it to build solid items? (to build underwater for instance)
- thanks for your time!

#25 Keridos

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 03:22 PM

As far as I know it should be able to build underwater.

#26 bluzor

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 02:01 PM

it does build under water. but i have to manually remove water spawns =( (If it builds a solid i can simply just mine the blocks)

#27 Paksarra

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 05:25 PM

View PostKeridos, on 14 March 2013 - 05:27 PM, said:

Updated the Program. Unlimited fuel settings should be no more problem now.

Thank you!

This program is incredibly useful (now that it works for me.) Thanks for writing it.

#28 Kravyn

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 10:18 PM

the reason the turtle does not remove the water sources is because it never goes through the water in the center its not impossible to program the turtle to go through every block it would cost a lot more fuel tho for those that keep fuel in especially if the build is big.

#29 Shini

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:25 AM

is it possible to make it continue the work after restart?
and whats the link to the github depo?

#30 Keridos

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 05:08 AM

View PostShini, on 25 March 2013 - 03:25 AM, said:

is it possible to make it continue the work after restart?
and whats the link to the github depo?

We are working on resume funcionality at the moment. THe github repo is here: https://github.com/K...s/Shape-Builder
And here is the new thread for the program: http://www.computerc...-updatedactive/

#31 Kravyn

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:58 AM

is there a way I can trigger a sequence of build scripts back to back?

Since I am unable to make it build downwards I am trying to get it to go down and build upwards from the bottom point I wanted it to build from.

like when you make the turtle.down() enough times to reach the point I want then have it do shell.run("shapebuilder") the problem I am having is how do I tell the turtle to fill in the information for me when it asks what shape calculate fuel and the dimensions I want.

I would appreciate the help.

#32 Keridos

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:27 AM

View PostKravyn, on 28 March 2013 - 05:58 AM, said:

is there a way I can trigger a sequence of build scripts back to back?

Since I am unable to make it build downwards I am trying to get it to go down and build upwards from the bottom point I wanted it to build from.

like when you make the turtle.down() enough times to reach the point I want then have it do shell.run("shapebuilder") the problem I am having is how do I tell the turtle to fill in the information for me when it asks what shape calculate fuel and the dimensions I want.

I would appreciate the help.
Post any problems in the new thread please, this threads author is inactive.

#33 naxyr

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 11:26 AM

Works great so far. If I change the < to a == on line 28 I can run it without a fuelcheck.

#34 Mmarss

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 10:48 PM

This is great! Thanks very much for making it. Is there any chance you could add filled circles though? If my turtles could build tower floors (which are the most block-intensive component of towers), it would make any kind of construction a lot easier. I hope you can work out how to make solid circles.
Many thanks again,
Mmarss

#35 Kravyn

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 12:35 PM

the author has basically stopped working on it so you might want to go to the new thread for shape building

http://www.computerc...-updatedactive/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users