Tekkit Discussion

3 replies to this topic

#1 Dlcruz129

What's a Lua?

• Members
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:27 PM

What are your personal opinions on Tekkit? Also, has anyone ever tried to sue Tekkit, and is it illegal to use mods without the developer's permission?

#2 Skullblade

• Members
  • 470 posts
  • LocationThe Big Apple, NY

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:31 PM

i don't think anyone has tried to sue tekkit (diff countries...international laws...not worth it(does tekkit even make $???)) but
I also don't think that it is legal to use the mods without their permission; I'm (obviously) not a lawyer though....

#3 theoriginalbit

Semi-Professional ComputerCrafter

• Moderators
  • 7,332 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:35 PM

Tekkit is crap and takes way to long to update. They use bukkit so all mods are sub-par as they need to be changed to work with bukkit, which causes an array of bugs that the original mod authors get the blame for (dont believe me, read the bugs section, look at how there are lots of tekkit ones, even though it says in sticky not to post tekkit bugs). On the issue of legality of tekkit, its an issue that lots of people see differently. Personally I believe, since I had to study a little bit of law and also studying software contracts and copyrights and such (for Australia), they are using and distributing Intellectual Property without permission and modifying the Authors work to work with bukkit without permission, both of which are illegal.

#4 Cloudy

Ex-Developer

• Members
  • 2,543 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:44 PM

Erm. I'm just going to close this. These topics rarely end well and the first post is especially inflammatory.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users