3 replies to this topic

#1 Lightning101

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 06:50 AM

Gmail Alert Viewer

(90% Complete - Just Debugging)

What is it?
Gmail Alert Viewer is a program I wrote that allows your computer to retrieve messages from your GMail that have the string [CC] at the start of the subject and return the message as a Lua friendly table.

How does it work?

Posted Image

Google Apps Scripts

Google Apps Scripts is a framework developed by Google that allows users to write macros and automate tasks for google apps such as Gmail , Google Drive or calender. It has support for creating web applications and support for making your own RESTful apis

I used Google Apps Scripts easy and simple Gmail Libraries and the documentation to make a simple script that will loop over the latest 50 emails in your inbox, when it finds one with [CC] at the start of the heading it takes the message instance and parses it to another function which then uses regular expressions to substitute the content of the message into a stringified lua table.

This table is then sent back to the client computer which can then use the loadstring() function to declare as a variable and use

Anyone can use this script if they have the url, but they will also need a short secret code used as loose authentication between the client and script. Even if this code was to be bypassed no sensitive information could be leaked provided you do not have sensitive data parsing through messages where the start of the message subject is [CC]

How can I use it?
To use simply set up the App Script and import the Lua file onto your computer.
Change the magic word on both and make sure the lua key is referring to your Macro.
The script is not supposed it be used on its own, all it will do is return a email table if sucessfull.

The table will be structured as so
Table
  ["email_subject"][/font][/size]
[size=3][font=tahoma, geneva, sans-serif] [/font][/size][font=tahoma, geneva, sans-serif][size=3][center]["email_body"]
[/center]

How can I get it
Feel Free to fork or download it from the public git I have established
This project is open source and still in development.
It is buggy and un-reliable
LINK

How do I set it up?
If there is any interest I will produce a tutorial

#2 nachtfalter0460

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 08:00 AM

Nice.
Can i put in my OS, when its finished?

#3 TwelveEight

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • LocationIn the TARDIS, somewhere in time and space

Posted 26 February 2013 - 08:16 PM

This truly has so much potential. I award you one fez. c:

I'm still having a little trouble understanding it, some screenshots of it in action would be great. Maybe a video.
Thanks, again. c:

#4 ETHANATOR360

• Members
  • 423 posts
  • Locationyour hardrive

Posted 03 March 2013 - 01:51 PM

Pretty awesome

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users