[Cc 1.56] [Mc 1.6.x] Someluigi's Peripheral(S) 2 - Welcome Back, Http Server

peripheral computer networking

37 replies to this topic

#1 TehSomeLuigi

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:11 AM

SomeLuigi's Peripherals 2

Hi, this is my little peripherals mod. I made it for 1.5.1, when I was still quite new to modding. I added a port of Portable Peripherals not long after that, and the code got messy to maintain. Now I rewrote it for 1.6.2, however, the Portable Peripherals port is not here anymore.

The new version was made for 1.6.2, but it also works on 1.6.4 (for me, at least).

Without further ado,

Peripheral(s)

HTTP Server Module,
Posted Image
^ shown above is the first texture of v1. It's changed now.

Usage
Spoiler

Oh, I nearly forgot (like the idiot I am ^^), Download:
Latest Version 2.0-3 for 1.6.x
All Versions, plus Links to each version's github (SOURCE CODE) tag
GitHub

version 1: Old Post
Spoiler

#2 Shnupbups

• Members
  • 596 posts
  • LocationThat place over there. Y'know. The one where I am.

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:15 AM

OMFG! Awesome! NEED to add this to my GIANT personal mod-pack...

EDIT: My 66th mod on it!
EDIT2: If you need some textures, I kinda suck but I can try!

#3 Simon

• Members
  • 58 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:26 PM

Nice

Edit: Works perfectly :D

#4 electrodude512

• Members
  • 167 posts
  • LocationEastern USA

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:46 PM

Can I use this on my private whitelist server?

Thanks,
electrodude

#5 TehSomeLuigi

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:01 PM

Thanks for the feedback!

And yes, feel free to put it on your server or modpack.

Let me know how it goes!

#6 superaxander

• Members
  • 609 posts
  • LocationHolland

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:00 AM

This is awesome!!

#7 TehSomeLuigi

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:49 AM

Thanks.

I shall be adding cookie and header support soon. Probably also a way to host your paint/npaintpro as pngs.

#8 TheModerGuy

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • LocationAustralia, NOT Austria!!!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:15 PM

i made textures for the mod, they make the module look more "real" as in look like servers in real life, GREAT MOD I LOVE IT!Posted Image

#9 Android

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 06:43 AM

Cool stuff! Thanks!

Based on this HTTP-Server mod I programmed a turtle remote control for Android smartphones. Anyone interested in?

Spoiler

#10 Simon

• Members
  • 58 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 09 March 2013 - 07:02 AM

Android, on 09 March 2013 - 06:43 AM, said:

Cool stuff! Thanks!

Based on this HTTP-Server mod I programmed a turtle remote control for Android smartphones. Anyone interested in?

Spoiler

Wow, I might just have to buy an android for that.

#11 Android

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 05:14 AM

Hi TehsomeLuigi

Thanks again for the awesome work you did! :)
I realised that the MC-Client still provides the HTTP-service when you play multiplayer on a foreign server.
The computer ID seems not to work then though. When I a make a request to the ip-address of the client I get an answer from the SLP HTTP Server that the desired service is not online.

Is there a way to correctly address the computer-ID on the HTTP server on the client's side?

#12 immibis

Lua God

• Members
  • 1,033 posts
  • LocationWellington, New Zealand

Posted 10 March 2013 - 04:08 PM

Android, on 10 March 2013 - 05:14 AM, said:

Hi TehsomeLuigi

Thanks again for the awesome work you did! :)/>
I realised that the MC-Client still provides the HTTP-service when you play multiplayer on a foreign server.
The computer ID seems not to work then though. When I a make a request to the ip-address of the client I get an answer from the SLP HTTP Server that the desired service is not online.

Is there a way to correctly address the computer-ID on the HTTP server on the client's side?
If there's a client HTTP server at all, that's a bug.

#13 Android

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 02:28 AM

immibis, on 10 March 2013 - 04:08 PM, said:

Android, on 10 March 2013 - 05:14 AM, said:

Hi TehsomeLuigi

Thanks again for the awesome work you did! :)/>

If there's a client HTTP server at all, that's a bug.

I suspected that this was not intended in the first place. But I wonder about whether one can turn this "bug" into a "feature"? :rolleyes:

#14 TehSomeLuigi

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 07:06 AM

Yep, the client HTTP is a bug. I could make it redirect to the server's IP but to be fair you'd be better off using the server's IP.

I'll fix the bug soon. Maybe more features to come, will also use the textures sent.

Your Turtle RC looks cool :).

#15 Android

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 07:50 AM

TehSomeLuigi, on 11 March 2013 - 07:06 AM, said:

Yep, the client HTTP is a bug. I could make it redirect to the server's IP but to be fair you'd be better off using the server's IP.

I'll fix the bug soon. Maybe more features to come, will also use the textures sent.

Your Turtle RC looks cool :).
Thanks!
I see.. :( Maybe you could allow the redirection as an option? This would certainly make it a lot easier for many users. :rolleyes:
Anyway... I am perfectly satisfied with the present and I am looking forward to more features to come. :D

#16 TehSomeLuigi

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:40 AM

I updated to 1.0b. Just the bugfix and texture change:

- Now starts on ServerStarting Events (when you load an SP world or start an SMP server)
- Now stops on ServerStopping Events (so when you exit your SP world it's not still running).
- Updated textures to those provided by TheModerGuy

+ OP Change: Added Android's Turtle Remote Control

Android, on 09 March 2013 - 06:43 AM, said:

Cool stuff! Thanks!

Spoiler

I added a link to your post in the OP.

TheModerGuy, on 06 March 2013 - 09:15 PM, said:

i made textures for the mod, they make the module look more "real" as in look like servers in real life, GREAT MOD I LOVE IT!
Spoiler

Thanks, your textures are now what is used as of v1.0b.

What would people like to see next?
I was thinking something that might supplement the HTTP Server well is an image encoder. Because right now there's a bit of a lack of images in the servers (it'd make a PNG. Maybe animated gifs would be possible, too). Then I'd also add a method to the HTTP Server to transfer the file by filename (so you can send files that aren't plaintext without them breaking).

If you have an idea, feel free to share!

#17 Android

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 06:23 AM

What would people like to see next?
I was thinking something that might supplement the HTTP Server well is an image encoder. Because right now there's a bit of a lack of images in the servers (it'd make a PNG. Maybe animated gifs would be possible, too). Then I'd also add a method to the HTTP Server to transfer the file by filename (so you can send files that aren't plaintext without them breaking).

If you have an idea, feel free to share!
Yeah... images and file transfer would be awesome! :D And of course an optional redirection to the server-IP would be great ;) Not every occasional/laymain server-admin is willing (or able) to provide the otherwise required port-forwarding. (But, don't let you push you.. ;) )

#18 immibis

Lua God

• Members
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:00 AM

How are people playing on the server if you don't have port forwarding?

#19 Android

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:28 AM

I had to experience that admins self-explanatory forward the default 25565 MC port but are reluctant to forward any other port sometimes. Apparently for "security" reasons or because they simply don't go the extra mile.

#20 immibis

Lua God

• Members
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 07:54 PM

If your admin forwards 25565, installs the HTTP Server peripheral and doesn't forward that port, your admin is stupid, and you should take it back to the manufacturer for a replacement.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users