Riddles

337 replies to this topic

#1 ikke009

• Members
  • 224 posts
  • LocationSliding between sunbeams

Posted 12 March 2013 - 02:43 AM

Welcome to the unofficial official topic of Riddles :D
In this thread you will find my collection of riddles, posted one at a time untill I run out.
The rules are:
-everyone can post riddles
-there may only be three unanswered riddles in this topic
-everyone may answer riddles
-every riddle must have only one answer unless stated otherwise
-the answerer of the riddle does not have to create a new riddle

So i'll start with a very easy riddle.. I've got some very hard ones in store but those are for later on :)
I might or might not only post one riddle a day.. depends on how easy they are and how fast they are being solved.

riddle: What is so easily broken, it breaks when you say it's name?

#2 Lyqyd

Lua Liquidator

• Moderators
  • 8,465 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 03:18 AM

Silence.

Approved.

#3 Dlcruz129

What's a Lua?

• Members
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 03:24 AM

A man and his son are in a car crash. The father dies, and the boy is rushed into surgery. Before the operation starts, the doctor says, "I can't operate on this boy; he is my son." How is this possible?

#4 CastleMan2000

• Members
  • 195 posts
  • LocationThe trashcan where all Undertale trash is

Posted 12 March 2013 - 05:12 AM

The Dad was phone was actually his MOTHER! Also it said "Man" in the car crash, not "Father". That's surely important, but I mostly suck at riddles.

What is delicious, yet disgusting?

#5 zekesonxx

• Signature Abuser
  • 263 posts
  • LocationWhere you aren't

Posted 12 March 2013 - 05:32 AM

Pizza.

#6 ikke009

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 05:46 AM

booger-shaped candy? :P

#7 ikke009

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:56 PM

Before this thread dies very prematurely let me revive this with one of my favorite riddles. The person who can solve this without using the internet for help (it is frowned upon) gets a special place of honour in the OP.

Riddle:
Once upon a time in a fantastic world, there was a giant who hated gnomes. He lived deep underground in a cave and was asleep for most of the time.
Abovegrounds, there lived two gnome clans, the green-hats and the red-hats. Not very surprisingly, one clan always wears green hats and the other always wears red hats....
The way these two clans live together it very strange. They dont have deep affection for the other clan but they don't hate each other either. From time to time, two gnomes from different clans decide to exchange hats and live with the other clan; This is considered normal.

All was well untill the gnomes decided to venture into the giant's cave, greedy for riches and glory. This went horribly wrong however, when the giant woke from his slumber and captured all the gnomes.
The giant decided to have some fun with the gnomes before eating them, sadistic that he was. He took all the hats off the gnomes, shuffeled them, and put them back on at random, so no gnome knew what color hat he wore. He then told the gnomes to step out of the cave one by one, and to group up: green hats on one side, red hats on the other. He also stated that any kind of communication, verbal or non-verbal, is forbidden. (remember the gnomes do not know the color of their own hat)
The gnomes, witty as they were, managed to do what the giant said. They all grouped up, red hats on one side and green hats on the other, except for the poor last gnome, who didn't know where to go. All lived but one who saved the lives of two.

So how did the gnomes do this? Feel free to ask questions if anything needs clarification. I will tell if a given answer is right or wrong. Good luck :3

#8 Dlcruz129

What's a Lua?

• Members
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 03:10 AM

View Postikke009, on 12 March 2013 - 10:56 PM, said:

Before this thread dies very prematurely let me revive this with one of my favorite riddles. The person who can solve this without using the internet for help (it is frowned upon) gets a special place of honour in the OP.

Riddle:
Once upon a time in a fantastic world, there was a giant who hated gnomes. He lived deep underground in a cave and was asleep for most of the time.
Abovegrounds, there lived two gnome clans, the green-hats and the red-hats. Not very surprisingly, one clan always wears green hats and the other always wears red hats....
The way these two clans live together it very strange. They dont have deep affection for the other clan but they don't hate each other either. From time to time, two gnomes from different clans decide to exchange hats and live with the other clan; This is considered normal.

All was well untill the gnomes decided to venture into the giant's cave, greedy for riches and glory. This went horribly wrong however, when the giant woke from his slumber and captured all the gnomes.
The giant decided to have some fun with the gnomes before eating them, sadistic that he was. He took all the hats off the gnomes, shuffeled them, and put them back on at random, so no gnome knew what color hat he wore. He then told the gnomes to step out of the cave one by one, and to group up: green hats on one side, red hats on the other. He also stated that any kind of communication, verbal or non-verbal, is forbidden. (remember the gnomes do not know the color of their own hat)
The gnomes, witty as they were, managed to do what the giant said. They all grouped up, red hats on one side and green hats on the other, except for the poor last gnome, who didn't know where to go. All lived but one who saved the lives of two.

So how did the gnomes do this? Feel free to ask questions if anything needs clarification. I will tell if a given answer is right or wrong. Good luck :3

You have to wait for someone to answer the pending riddle. :P

#9 ikke009

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 03:26 AM

I changed the rules (I can do that right? :P) because this thread would become lame if we have to wait for the riddler to confirm the answers all the time

#10 Dlcruz129

What's a Lua?

• Members
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 03:28 AM

View Postikke009, on 13 March 2013 - 03:26 AM, said:

I changed the rules (I can do that right? :P/>) because this thread would become lame if we have to wait for the riddler to confirm the answers all the time

Derp. Didn't realize it was you who created the thread.

#11 remiX

• Members
  • 2,076 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:58 AM

Riddle:

My answer: tl;dr :P

Jokes... the one that died gave up his hat for another?
lol hint please xD

Riddle: What breaks during the day, but falls during the night?
(Hint: two words)

#12 ikke009

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:26 AM

Wrong answer.
Hint: The gnomes cant see their own hat, but they can see the hat of the other people outside..
Gnomes also are known to be logical thinkers.

#13 amtra5

• Members
  • 166 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:50 AM

Riddle:

I know!

Each one counted the number of red/green hats, and whichever number was odd, was the colour hat they were on. I saw something similar on Khan Academy a while ago.

#14 ikke009

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:08 AM

Wrong answer, you dont know how many red or green hats there are, also they cant see each other's hats while they are still in the cave (its dark in there)

#15 amtra5

• Members
  • 166 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 16 March 2013 - 01:07 AM

Do they try and find the colour hat that they were originally?

#16 ikke009

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 10:30 AM

Not directly, that conclusion is brought upon them with the help of another gnome.

#17 remiX

• Members
  • 2,076 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 17 March 2013 - 12:49 PM

View Postikke009, on 16 March 2013 - 10:30 AM, said:

Not directly, that conclusion is brought upon them with the help of another gnome.

View Postikke009, on 16 March 2013 - 10:30 AM, said:

What's the answer? xD

#18 spyman68

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 01:09 PM

The gnome that died told the two gnomes he saved, where to go, that's why he died, he told two others the colors of there hats. It's not that hard to figure out.

#19 Dlcruz129

What's a Lua?

• Members
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 02:00 PM

View Postspyman68, on 17 March 2013 - 01:09 PM, said:

The gnome that died told the two gnomes he saved, where to go, that's why he died, he told two others the colors of there hats. It's not that hard to figure out.

Actually it is hard, and also makes no sense.

#20 Dlcruz129

What's a Lua?

• Members
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 02:07 PM

A woman shoots her husband. Then she holds him under water for over 5 minutes. Finally, she hangs him. But 5 minutes later they both go out together and enjoy a wonderful dinner together. How can this be?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users