• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:33 AM

Slyfox Os

Goals
The main goal of my Os is to create something that is like windows
the hope is that by creating a windows like environment that new
users will find similar so that they can get to use computer craft and
all its glory without needing to learn code.

Originality
Recently People have been complaining about the originality of my os
due to that fact I will now be changing things around as well as a name change
(soon to come) but for now slyfox will remain true to its goal of resembling windows.

What it has to Offer
Slyfox strides to make life using CC simple it will offer things ranging from a internet
with several parody sites to virtual coding tools. on the note of my internet idea people
don't seam to quite understand it however its very complicated and impossible to explain
in a nutshell so don't complain about it. There will be more information released in the
future however for the moment i'd like to keep my ideas to myself.

#2 Kingdaro

The Doctor

• Members
  • 1,636 posts
  • Location'MURICA

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:48 AM

Some tips.
  • Redworks is dead, nobody really needs to try to beat that anymore. I'd like to see an attempt at beating Lyqyd's OS or PearOS.
  • Try to go for something more original, instead of replicating something in real life that already exists.
  • Nobody likes a wall of text. Break it up to make it a little more readable.

#3 Azhf

• Members
  • 180 posts
  • LocationMurrika

Posted 12 March 2013 - 12:58 PM

1: Enough OS's :P
2: I think slyfox is copyrighted.
3: Foxnet sounds an awful lot like Firewolf.
4: Sounds kind of unoriginial, maybe try a different name.
5: I really just don't like the idea. Based off of real websites and such.
(Learn to take Constructive Criticism.)

#4 Dlcruz129

What's a Lua?

• Members
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:05 PM

On Redworks: It's outdated, and I'm pretty sure no one uses it. Why is it even pinned? It seems unfair that FuzzyPurp would use admin powers to promote his/her/their operating system.

#5 Genclone

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 03:35 AM

My reson for making it like windows is because I wanted it to be easy for any one to use by creating an enviorment that is similair. However I don't see why its so bad to create a os like windows and Yes im working on better names. But i thought that my ideas where realy good so i find it a shame that no one else thinks so. However if this is what you think then I'll look into more orignal ideas. On the note of redworks I figured it was dead after closley examing how old it was. But no one should blame me some of my ideas were pretty good.

#6 Kingdaro

The Doctor

• Members
  • 1,636 posts
  • Location'MURICA

Posted 13 March 2013 - 03:59 AM

Windows itself is a great idea, and it works perfectly well for PCs, just not console-based systems in my opinion. Though it's not really bad to attempt to replicate windows, it wouldn't be as good as coming up with your own innovative ideas that could, be easier to use, look nicer, and fit CC's style more than windows.

I would say to go for an interface sort of like Firewolf. Some nice boxes and text.

#7 ThatNewb

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:21 AM

nice idea, but hate to long wall of text

#8 TheWretch

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:23 AM

Slyfox is likely copyrighted, as people said. Also, get more creative! Windows already exists! If we want to use Windows, we'd flip off the ComputerCraft and look at our desktop! I'd suggest an interface similar to Windows, but not a replica

P.S.: Add add a screenshot if possible, I want to see the operating system, not hear about it!

#9 Genclone

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:23 AM

Well I understand that its not very original but thats not the goal here. I will consider all your comments and may change things around. However many of the programs are original and fit in with CC. And I have diced to change the name of several programs since people seam to find the names annoying.

#10 Genclone

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:24 AM

Wow Both my devolpers think windows is a bad idea, well fine wretch if you hate it so much then lets think of new ideas come on Thatnewb.

#11 ThatNewb

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:26 AM

View PostGenclone, on 13 March 2013 - 08:24 AM, said:

Wow Both my devolpers think windows is a bad idea, well fine wretch if you hate it so much then lets think of new ideas come on Thatnewb.
ok

#12 ThatNewb

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:56 AM

that's better. no long wall of text

#13 Genclone

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:55 AM

Also The Wretch I forgot to answer your question the user interface is like windows but is not a replica and as previously said most of the programs are original with the exception of a few parody programs. :D

#14 Genclone

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:22 AM

Kingdaro I will check out the two Operating Systems you mentioned and try em out. Shouldn't take me long to start getting new ideas for programs but from the looks of things I will need to pull some overtime. :lol:

#15 thegreatstudio

• Banned
  • 164 posts
  • LocationI am on your computer

Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:37 PM

Isaax OS 13.2

Here you can download it:
http://adf.ly/KkztT

I will make a group for programmers so we can help each other...

Follow me at twitter:
@Iansapelino

Thanks for computercraft Mod!!

#16 oeed

Oversimplifier

• Members
  • 2,095 posts
  • LocationAuckland, New Zealand

Posted 13 March 2013 - 11:25 PM

View Postthegreatstudio, on 13 March 2013 - 10:37 PM, said:

Isaax OS 13.2

Here you can download it:
http://adf.ly/KkztT

I will make a group for programmers so we can help each other...

Follow me at twitter:
@Iansapelino

Thanks for computercraft Mod!!

Some nice functions.
Also, make/request to make a new thread. Don't post-hijack.

#17 FuzzyPurp

Part-Time Ninja

• Members
  • 510 posts
  • LocationHarlem, NY

Posted 17 March 2014 - 10:01 AM

View PostDlcruz129, on 12 March 2013 - 01:05 PM, said:

On Redworks: It's outdated, and I'm pretty sure no one uses it. Why is it even pinned? It seems unfair that FuzzyPurp would use admin powers to promote his/her/their operating system.

Actually i never pinned it. Another Admin did(probably dan or casper), and at that time there were many reasons why. Redworks wasn't made to compete with others, it was/is a very basic OS and collection of programs to make CC easier to use and develop programs. Very outdated but fear not, i have returned :)

#18 Lyqyd

Lua Liquidator

• Moderators
  • 8,465 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 12:17 AM

Ancient topic with no code; locked. :P

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users