turtle

253 replies to this topic

#101 vafo

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:05 AM

View Postdannyp75, on 21 December 2012 - 10:19 AM, said:

first time post from a cc noob,

can you confirm the mining pattern in advancedorefinder. I have entered the coords with ignore=0 at level 11. I have placed a chest adjacent to the start point and done the following:

item slot 1: 10 coal
2: stack of cobble

i want it to ignore the following, so:

item slot 3: 1 dirt
item slot 4: 1 gravel
item slot 5: 1 cobble

when i have run the command, ti will dig down to bedrock and cover the area prescribed by width and length. i'm guessing it's meant to do that anyway, but it still mines the dirt and gravel and places it my chest. is it supposed to do that, given that i have asked it to ignore it?

please advise.

i'm trying to learn lua, and goign through your code helps, but it's all quite overwhelming, hope i can write something half as good as this one day,
you're supposed to ignore= number of materials you are putting on ignore, in your case, ignore = 3

other than that you seem to be doing it right!

good luck!

#102 dannyp75

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:58 PM

View Postvafo, on 21 December 2012 - 11:05 AM, said:

View Postdannyp75, on 21 December 2012 - 10:19 AM, said:

first time post from a cc noob,

can you confirm the mining pattern in advancedorefinder. I have entered the coords with ignore=0 at level 11. I have placed a chest adjacent to the start point and done the following:

item slot 1: 10 coal
2: stack of cobble

i want it to ignore the following, so:

item slot 3: 1 dirt
item slot 4: 1 gravel
item slot 5: 1 cobble

when i have run the command, ti will dig down to bedrock and cover the area prescribed by width and length. i'm guessing it's meant to do that anyway, but it still mines the dirt and gravel and places it my chest. is it supposed to do that, given that i have asked it to ignore it?

please advise.

i'm trying to learn lua, and goign through your code helps, but it's all quite overwhelming, hope i can write something half as good as this one day,
you're supposed to ignore= number of materials you are putting on ignore, in your case, ignore = 3

other than that you seem to be doing it right!

good luck!

thanks for your help.

#103 ThunderZ8olt

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 02:02 PM

I got it working :)

#104 jisco

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 07:35 AM

i need you help again. I've managed to understand all that you need to input, what i dont undetstand is when i press yes on new excavation it pops me back right to the menu where you select (Continue,new,preset #1 ) and so on..do you know whats wrong? It dosn't give me any error what so ever.. cant see whats the problem

#105 Doyle3694

• Members
  • 815 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 12:29 AM

@Henness , I think many both beginners and pros will look at your programs, and since they are quite popular, what about putting some comments there so ppl wil understand your code better? ;)
Comments will help yourself too, when you after 3 months don't remember what each part of the code does.

#106 Henness

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 04:46 AM

View Postdannyp75, on 21 December 2012 - 12:58 PM, said:

thanks for your help.

I would also use stone rather than cobble stone.

View Postjisco, on 22 December 2012 - 07:35 AM, said:

i need you help again. I've managed to understand all that you need to input, what i dont undetstand is when i press yes on new excavation it pops me back right to the menu where you select (Continue,new,preset #1 ) and so on..do you know whats wrong? It dosn't give me any error what so ever.. cant see whats the problem

Does the orefinder program even popup for a seconded, and does the turtle turn or anything? Try starting a new one by running "advancedorefinder <width> <length> <ignore>" and see if there is an error. I have to figure out how to add errors to a file or something.

View PostDoyle3694, on 23 December 2012 - 12:29 AM, said:

@Henness , I think many both beginners and pros will look at your programs, and since they are quite popular, what about putting some comments there so ppl wil understand your code better? ;)
Comments will help yourself too, when you after 3 months don't remember what each part of the code does.

Yep I can do that.

#107 blanq820

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 04:55 PM

I'm having a slight problem with the program. After the turtle digs a few shafts (varies from 2-5 so far) it looks like it pauses on its own. there is still both coal and my filler material in it. how do you unpause it?

EDIT: if i just run orefinder without arguments and put in the same coordinates as before, it says continuing from previous excavation, but the turtle shifts the shaft over 1 block (im assuming the "unpause" point is being considered the new start point).

#108 Budman17r

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 04:44 AM

Got the same error as

View Postjisco, on 22 December 2012 - 07:35 AM, said:

ran it as advancedorefinder 10 10 1

advancedorefinder:531: attempt to compare __le on nil and number

#109 Budman17r

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 05:17 AM

my gps sucked it works now

#110 Henness

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:11 PM

I added a missing function to orefinder it might not have been noticed because it was just using the same function from the gui.

#111 caitlyn

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:24 PM

I am unsure what I'm doing wrong, but when I try to run the orefinder it just goes a few blocks and stops. It doesn't always go the same pattern, but the same general idea. I'm not using GPS so I manually enter to coords. One the excavation starts, it moves a few blocks, mines a few things, spins a bit, then stops. Not in that order or consistent to a pattern, and no messages produced. When I select continue, it tells me there is no save file.

I enter 16 16 with ignores of 1 or 0. Most of the times I entered the right coords, a few of them I just entered 0s for all but the height.

I just tried again with an accurate GPS setup, but same results. I thought maybe the lack of gps was teh cause, but it's not.

#112 Henness

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:30 PM

View Postcaitlyn, on 27 December 2012 - 02:24 PM, said:

I am unsure what I'm doing wrong, but when I try to run the orefinder it just goes a few blocks and stops. It doesn't always go the same pattern, but the same general idea. I'm not using GPS so I manually enter to coords. One the excavation starts, it moves a few blocks, mines a few things, spins a bit, then stops. Not in that order or consistent to a pattern, and no messages produced. When I select continue, it tells me there is no save file.

I enter 16 16 with ignores of 1 or 0. Most of the times I entered the right coords, a few of them I just entered 0s for all but the height.

I just tried again with an accurate GPS setup, but same results. I thought maybe the lack of gps was teh cause, but it's not.

Your not the first one to say that it does this but I have no idea why some people get this becasue no matter how much I use it with or without gps it never messes up and continue works just fine, are you placing a piece of coal in slot one and a stack of blocks in slot 2. And are you using the correct cords? Minecraft uses x,y,z with y as the height and face is 0-4, I can't reproduce somthing that never happens for me.

#113 caitlyn

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 01:43 PM

I've tried with GPS and without
Coal coke and Coal
Overworld and Nether
FTB/Direwolf20 pack - CC 1.481 / misc peripherals 2.3

Here are some screen shots. I

Spoiler

You can see it went about 4 blocks down. This time at least it's digging down :) I'm tempted to put random debug statements throughout it to get an idea whats going on when it fails.

#114 Henness

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 02:17 AM

View Postcaitlyn, on 29 December 2012 - 01:43 PM, said:

Coal coke and Coal
Overworld and Nether

Here are some screen shots. I

Spoiler

You can see it went about 4 blocks down. This time at least it's digging down :)/>/> I'm tempted to put random debug statements throughout it to get an idea whats going on when it fails.

Can you run it without the gui, with "advancedorefinder <width> <height> <ignore>" if there is an error it should show it. And just leave out the variables to run from a save file.

#115 Budman17r

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:04 AM

Henness, I keep losing my turtles because of server reboots, etc, Any ideas how I can set them back off through rednet?

I like your program but losing the turtles is becoming a burden...

doing 100 x 5 rows.

#116 caitlyn

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:25 PM

View PostHenness, on 30 December 2012 - 02:17 AM, said:

Can you run it without the gui, with "advancedorefinder <width> <height> <ignore>" if there is an error it should show it. And just leave out the variables to run from a save file.

Just ran it and did get an error. Line 41 "failed to index ? (a nil value)". The settings were 10 10 1 and the turtle placed a block down (started 1 block off ground) then moved forward 10 times, turned right, and died a horrible quiet death.

Spoiler

Looks like the function for serializing a table for saving isn't having the name passed to the function maybe? I tested multiple times, this is definitely whats causing the issue. The advanced tunnel works like a champ, as does the gui

#117 sjkeegs

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:13 AM

View Postcaitlyn, on 29 December 2012 - 01:43 PM, said:

Coal coke and Coal
Overworld and Nether

You can see it went about 4 blocks down. This time at least it's digging down :) I'm tempted to put random debug statements throughout it to get an idea whats going on when it fails.

This looks somewhat like the failure mode I was seeing. The turtles would typically stop/abort while performing the rotation loop in findDown() to check for Ores. They could stop on any of the 1..4 indexes in the rotation loop. The only common part there seems to be the save() procedure. That's about as far as I got when looking at it.

#118 Henness

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:30 AM

View Postsjkeegs, on 02 January 2013 - 05:13 AM, said:

This looks somewhat like the failure mode I was seeing. The turtles would typically stop/abort while performing the rotation loop in findDown() to check for Ores. They could stop on any of the 1..4 indexes in the rotation loop. The only common part there seems to be the save() procedure. That's about as far as I got when looking at it.

Maybe its because its saving to a file too often. I could make it so it doesn't save when the turtle turns that might fix it. Because I have no problems with the program at all.

#119 usmc3891

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:55 AM

I have a couple of issues. First, with 4 gps hosts and a wireless mining turtle, it sticks at retireving gps coords from host. in order for it to do anything I have to enter my coords manually. Second, it seems like the ignore option doesnt really do anything. It will ignore the number of slots i select but will still mine those materials and keep them in the turtles inventory. Third, after one or 2 holes it gives me the error "parallel:22: advancedorefinder:434: Expected string". Lastly, will the turtle go back and mine the ore veins it has revield?

#120 Henness

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:04 AM

View Postusmc3891, on 03 January 2013 - 09:55 AM, said:

I have a couple of issues. First, with 4 gps hosts and a wireless mining turtle, it sticks at retireving gps coords from host. in order for it to do anything I have to enter my coords manually. Second, it seems like the ignore option doesnt really do anything. It will ignore the number of slots i select but will still mine those materials and keep them in the turtles inventory. Third, after one or 2 holes it gives me the error "parallel:22: advancedorefinder:434: Expected string". Lastly, will the turtle go back and mine the ore veins it has revield?

Its not sticking at retrieving gps coords, it times out after 5 sec because it didn't find any hosts. Don't know why it didn't work if you had them i use them all the time. And your misunderstanding standing how the ignore variable works. The turtle has a set pattern it digs and will always did that pattern if you have stone to be ignored its still going to have to mine through stone to find the other ores I just haven't added an option to drop the stuff you have ignored. I also fixed the error you were having. And its not relieving ores the pattern it digs will allow the turtle to dig all of the ores in the area you have defined there's no need to go back and mine the whole vein.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users