Advanced Programs: Orefinder, Tunnel.

turtle

253 replies to this topic

#1 Henness

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:17 AM

Posted Image

Home of the Most Downloaded Tunnel Program.

Posted Image
v3.1 New Update! as of 1/17/2014 Currently I have fixed all know bugs except for one.

The OreFinder program is a program written to dig holes in a pattern that allows the turtle to spin a in a circle checking each side with the blocks in its inventory. The pattern the turtle digs in allow the turtle to fine all the ores in the area without returning an enormous amount of cobblestone. This program is faster than a buildcraft quarry and returns the same amount of ores that a quarry does too. The program has session persistence so if for any reason your turtle is interrupted you can continue the program from were it left off, you can also pause the turtle at any time allowing you to refuel, save, exit, or resume.

More Info:

Posted Image
v1.3.4

Note that this is an old program and needs updated. But does still work.
Advanced Tunnel is my first program and has been downloaded and viewed more than any other Tunnel Program. I'm really glad this program has gotten so much attention and I Thank all of you for that.The program creates a tunnel of a chosen height, width, and length (use 0 for infinite length). The turtle runs flawlessly, with several fail safes like gravel detection when digging up and forward. The turtle will mine the tunnel the most effective way it can, mining 1-3 blocks from the top down. If there are any bugs or suggested features please post a comment here or send me a message. This program is super easy to use.

More Info:

Advanced Updater
The Advanced Updater is a program I made to automatically download new versions of my programs. Once downloaded it will run my Advanced GUI and you will have access to both my Advanced OreFinder and my Advanced Tunnel all from one interface.

For more information about any of my programs click the buttons above.
For access to my code, head on over to my GitHub.
If you have questions or have found a bug please post them in the comments below.

Download Advanced Updater v1.0
!!!ATTENTION!!! HTTP API MUST BE ENABLED !!!ATTENTION!!!
If HTTP API is not enabled then you must download them manually from my GitHub.

Run:
pastebin get wJCujUs2 ap
In your turtle with HTTP Enabled. To download from pastebin.

Edited by Henness, 22 January 2014 - 01:24 AM.

#2 Teraminer

• New Members
  • 175 posts
  • LocationDon't look behind you..

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:21 AM

Nice I'l mabe download it..

#3 djblocksaway

Epic Coderz

• New Members
  • 397 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:27 AM

This is awesome you should add photos to your post though so people can see what it does :)/>

you can upload free photos at

http://imageshack.us/

#4 EatenAlive3

• New Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 10:09 PM

Very nice, well polished. I noticed that at line 824, instead of nil you put nill. It works the same, but still.

Suggestion: Make a progress bar for tunnel completion, similar to this:
{[=========		 ]}
           44%

#5 Henness

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 07:06 AM

View Postdjblocksaway, on 05 April 2012 - 11:27 AM, said:

This is awesome you should add photos to your post though so people can see what it does :P/>

you can upload free photos at

http://imageshack.us/
Thanks, I was in the process of posting some pictures. But I use Imgur.

View PostEatenAlive3, on 07 April 2012 - 10:09 PM, said:

Very nice, well polished. I noticed that at line 824, instead of nil you put nill. It works the same, but still.

Suggestion: Make a progress bar for tunnel completion, similar to this:
{[=========		 ]}
		   44%
Ya I was already going to add one but wasn't sure what to use for the bar, thanks for the suggestion. Oh and I changed that nill to nil didnt even notice it.

wish I could use extended ASCII characters
|███████████       	 |
	 55%

#6 kreeperkiller97

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:14 PM

cool, definitely downloading it :P/> cheers for this, looks very easy to use and looks like you've put a lot of time and effort in, thanks again :D/>

#7 kreeperkiller97

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 03:53 PM

if you could do that item drop-off that would be excellent :P/>

#8 BlackNavi

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 04:47 PM

When I type programs I see your program listed but when I type it in it says "no such program". What am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance.

#9 EatenAlive3

• New Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 02:42 PM

BlackNavi, try navigating to the folder that the advanced tunnel program is listed in, and run it from that directory.

#10 Henness

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 05:00 PM

Just got done with v1.2, I will be uploading it later today. After I take some screen shots and update the change log. v1.2 adds a progress bar so you know when the tunnel will be done.

#11 grantboy01

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 10:09 PM

View PostHenness, on 21 April 2012 - 05:00 PM, said:

Just got done with v1.2, I will be uploading it later today. After I take some screen shots and update the change log. v1.2 adds a progress bar so you know when the tunnel will be done.
what happens when you put in infinite?

#12 Henness

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 07:04 AM

View Postgrantboy01, on 21 April 2012 - 10:09 PM, said:

View PostHenness, on 21 April 2012 - 05:00 PM, said:

what happens when you put in infinite?

It Broke it, I'll see what I can do.

FIXED!

#13 louisrocks40

• New Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:23 PM

Quick question: This may seem a bit obvious, but does it also detect falling sand?

#14 Henness

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:53 PM

View Postlouisrocks40, on 22 April 2012 - 08:23 PM, said:

Quick question: This may seem a bit obvious, but does it also detect falling sand?

Yes it does the program doesn't know the diffrence between sand and gravel.

#15 swanjr

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:49 AM

Hello, I was using version 1.21 of your tunneler to dig a 4h 5w 50l tunnel and I noticed that the progress bar said 123 percent done when it was finished. I'm assuming the calculation should say 100 percent when finished. Besides that minor item, great script.

#16 Henness

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 02:28 AM

View Postswanjr, on 23 April 2012 - 01:49 AM, said:

Hello, I was using version 1.21 of your tunneler to dig a 4h 5w 50l tunnel and I noticed that the progress bar said 123 percent done when it was finished. I'm assuming the calculation should say 100 percent when finished. Besides that minor item, great script.

Thank you, I found the problem. If gravel falls in front of it I will count it in the progress bar. I'll Try and fix that. fixed

#17 LipJ

• New Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:54 PM

This seams like a very stable bit of code. Is it ok if I use it to make a mineshaft generator. (with maping)

#18 Henness

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 11:37 PM

View PostLipJ, on 23 April 2012 - 09:54 PM, said:

This seams like a very stable bit of code. Is it ok if I use it to make a mineshaft generator. (with maping)

Kinda what my plan was, I'm just waiting for computercraft to come out for minecraft 1.2.5.
But I guess, go ahead just give credit.

#19 Henness

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 10:41 AM

I completely re-coded the lighting AI, the program now places torches based on the width and length of the tunnel. I also did a bunch of code optimization, and some bug fixes. Enjoy v1.3!

#20 BigSHinyToys

• Members
  • 1,001 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 11:36 AM

in ver : Advanced Tunnel v1.3.txt 22K
[Line 837]	if torches == true
should be
[Line 837]	if torches == true then
Other that that it works great and is a very handy tool. Thank you

[EDIT] [BUG]
any mob in the way of the turtle will cause it to finish the row early and loose position.

[solution]
all functions that make a turtle move return true or false. true if the turtle moved. false if it didnt. working this into your code would allow the turtle to get less confused in its position
[/solution]

Possible suggestions pressing "p" while the turtle is running will pause it while paused dumping the memory to a file so the turtle can reload it on world load.
[/EDIT]

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users