Annoying pixels

6 replies to this topic

#1 alakazard12

• Banned
  • 93 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 11:25 AM

When you read this title you might have thought it was a bug. I'm not sure if it is or not. I wouldn't be suprised if this topic has already came up, but I don't have much time so I couldn't search, and I wanted to go ahead and post this to have time for replies. Well, here's the annoying pixel thing.

I'm sure a lot of you guys have noticed, and I have noticed before. But it is just now becoming annoying. The pixels on the side of the computer screen are a different size. It get's annoying because when I'm making programs it makes it look uneven. If this is a graphics bug or client bug then please reply to this topic with that information.

I posted this in the suggestions because I'm suggesting it needs to be fixed, and I don't think it's a bug.

#2 Sammich Lord

IRC Addict

• Members
  • 1,212 posts
  • LocationThe Sammich Kingdom

Posted 01 April 2013 - 11:44 AM

This has been posted before. Forgot the reason for it though.

#3 alakazard12

• Banned
  • 93 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 11:45 AM

Yeah, I figured it would have been posted before.

#4 Cranium

Ninja Scripter

• Moderators
  • 4,031 posts
  • LocationLincoln, Nebraska

Posted 01 April 2013 - 01:30 PM

As far as I know, it's intended, but I am not sure why. I think Cloudy or Dan would have to answer that one. But it is known, and has been a part of CC ever since background colors were enabled.
Personally, I don't think it's going to change, but you never know.
OCD Brothers for Life!

#5 Xfel

Peripheral Designer

• Members
  • 515 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:14 PM

The Reason for it is quite simple: The "Pixels" are actually not pixels, but letters. All letters have the same size in this font, but as you can easily see, they are not square. This would just look strange. So I doubt that this is ever going to be fixed.

#6 Shnupbups

• Members
  • 596 posts
  • LocationThat place over there. Y'know. The one where I am.

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:39 PM

Xfel, on 01 April 2013 - 08:14 PM, said:

The Reason for it is quite simple: The "Pixels" are actually not pixels, but letters. All letters have the same size in this font, but as you can easily see, they are not square. This would just look strange. So I doubt that this is ever going to be fixed.
He's talking about how pixels on the sides of the screen are different to the ones on the inside.

#7 faubiguy

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:16 AM

I believe that's because of the margin around the whole screen. If the colors didn't fill it in, there would always be a black line surrounding the screen. But without the margin, characters near the edge of the screen would probably look too close to it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users