214 replies to this topic

#21 KingTamotsu

• New Members
  • 6 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 25 May 2012 - 07:13 PM

Hii Toxic,

Well i hope that you are done soon with your exams,
because i want to start as soon as possible again working on WolfOS again with you ^^.
And i have got new ideas again for later on stuff but first focus on the WolfOS Core.
After that we can focus about control and programs.

Greetz KingTamotsu

#22 toxicwolf

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 27 May 2012 - 09:14 PM

View PostKingTamotsu, on 25 May 2012 - 07:13 PM, said:

Hii Toxic,

Well i hope that you are done soon with your exams,
because i want to start as soon as possible again working on WolfOS again with you ^^.
And i have got new ideas again for later on stuff but first focus on the WolfOS Core.
After that we can focus about control and programs.

Greetz KingTamotsu
Why thanks :)/> Only 4 exams to go now, and they're pretty spread out so I have plenty of time to work on WolfOS.

In other news, I've just released WolfOS 1.3.2, which mainly consists of all the UI changes and menu system improvements I've made since last release. Go check out the changelog and grab the download in the OP!

I have finished up the monitor support (also supports Espen's Synchronized Terminal Redirection POC [http://www.computerc...edirection-poc/] if it is installed, doesn't matter if it isn't).
I also added new controls to the menus: Home and Page Up jump to the first option of the menu, while End and Page Down jump to the last option on the menu. Finally, Backspace simulates a press of the Return option, provided it is available.

#23 pilot59

• New Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 01:07 AM

How'd change the password for login to ***? I tried downloading and looking through with Notepad++ but didn't find it. Anything?

#24 Lyqyd

Lua Liquidator

• Moderators
  • 8,465 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 01:32 AM

Are you talking about using read("*") instead of read()?

#25 pilot59

• New Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 01:48 AM

I mean if the password I typed to login was "apple"for example, (its not, obviously) I'd type this code for a basic door lock:

pass = apple

write "Password: "
input = read()
if input == pass then
print "Password Correct"
redstone.setOutput(left, true)
sleep(5)
redstone.setOutput(left, false)
else
print "Password Incorrect"
end
but apple would show up when I type it, not the *** like in his login. I want *** to show instead of apple.

#26 MysticT

Lua Wizard

• Members
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 02:02 AM

View Postpilot59, on 30 May 2012 - 01:48 AM, said:

I mean if the password I typed to login was "apple"for example, (its not, obviously) I'd type this code for a basic door lock:

pass = apple

input = read()
if input == pass then
print "Password Correct"
sleep(5)
else
end
but apple would show up when I type it, not the *** like in his login. I want *** to show instead of apple.
1) The password should be a string, so put quotes around it ("apple" instead of apple).
2) Like Lyqyd said, you have to use read("*") instead of read().
3) You should make a post for this on the Ask a Pro forum.

#27 toxicwolf

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 30 May 2012 - 03:11 PM

View PostMysticT, on 30 May 2012 - 02:02 AM, said:

pass = apple

input = read()
if input == pass then
print "Password Correct"
sleep(5)
else
end
1) The password should be a string, so put quotes around it ("apple" instead of apple).
What he said :)/>
I'd really like some feedback on the actual OS though guys, I have lots of downloads and no comments...

EDIT: Oh, and you missed the () around some of the function arguments such as on the write and print commands.

Edited by toxicwolf, 30 May 2012 - 03:12 PM.

#28 pilot59

• New Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 09:03 PM

View PostMysticT, on 30 May 2012 - 02:02 AM, said:

pass = apple

input = read()
if input == pass then
print "Password Correct"
sleep(5)
else
end

1) Yeah, that was just a stupid miskate on my end :)/>
2) That's what I needed, but had no idea that was it since I'm still new to coding here.
3) Like I said, I'm still new.
Thanks guys, that's what I needed!

View Posttoxicwolf, on 30 May 2012 - 03:11 PM, said:

I'd really like some feedback on the actual OS though guys, I have lots of downloads and no comments...
EDIT: Oh, and you missed the () around some of the function arguments such as on the write and print commands.
The OS is actually running great for me, especially liked the auto install.
Also, I found the () around the write + print arguments aren't needed. It works fine with just quotes.

EDIT: Although now that I look back on this code I realise that I didn't put in the quotes around the redstone output side. I typed this in a rush, but didn't realise how I left out so many things.

#29 toxicwolf

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 31 May 2012 - 01:10 PM

View Postpilot59, on 30 May 2012 - 09:03 PM, said:

View Posttoxicwolf, on 30 May 2012 - 03:11 PM, said:

The OS is actually running great for me, especially liked the auto install.
Also, I found the () around the write + print arguments aren't needed. It works fine with just quotes.

EDIT: Although now that I look back on this code I realise that I didn't put in the quotes around the redstone output side. I typed this in a rush, but didn't realise how I left out so many things.
Thanks, glad you like it :)/>
And I tried skipping the () on a print command and you appear to be right. Well I never knew.. :)/>

#30 max96at

• New Members
  • 15 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 02 June 2012 - 09:02 PM

Could you use the peripheral api to only show available drives, monitors and modems?

#31 toxicwolf

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 03 June 2012 - 12:56 PM

View Postmax96at, on 02 June 2012 - 09:02 PM, said:

Could you use the peripheral api to only show available drives, monitors and modems?
This is actually a very sensible suggestion :D/> I certainly will do this, silly of me not to do it before :)/>

#32 max96at

• New Members
  • 15 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 03 June 2012 - 01:24 PM

and in ssp passwords are kind of useless, it would be nice if you could add an option to turn them off

Edit:

I tried modifying the music player to be an API loader and unloader.
I don't know if you are interested in something like this and it's still unfinished because I wasn´t able to code the load und unload menus.

Please take a look at it, thanks in advance.

--[[Copyright (C) 2012 James Chapman (aka: Toxic Wolf / toxicwolf)
WolfOS, and all of its variations (WolfNB, WolfDB, WolfTC) are produced by toxicwolf ([email protected]).
Please ask for permission before attempting to redistribute any code relating to WolfOS or any of its variations, IN ANY FORM.
Special thanks to Wesley van Loon (aka: King Tamotsu / KingTamotsu) for all his ideas and help with designing the Operating System. ]]--
sProgram = "Api Settings"
WAPI.clear(sProgram, true)
function os.pullEvent()
local sEvent, p1, p2, p3, p4, p5 = os.pullEventRaw()
if sEvent == "terminate" then
  os.run({}, "/WOLF/utilityMenu")
end
return sEvent, p1, p2, p3, p4, p5
end

function menu()
repeat
  if nMenuNum == 0 then
   tChoices = {}
   tActions = {}
   tChoices[1] = "Add Api"
   tChoices[2] = "Remove Api"

tActions[1] = function()
   addApi()
   end

tActions[2] = function()
   removeApi()
   end

tActions[0] = function() bMenuLoop = false os.run({}, "/WOLF/utilityMenu") end

local nSelection = WAPI.runMenu(tChoices, "Custom loaded Apis: " .. nCustomApis, sProgram, true)
   tActions[nSelection]()
  end
until bMenuLoop == false
end
function addApi()
-- list of unloaded apis in rom/apis and WOLF/APIS (select and press enter to load)
end
function removeApi()
-- list of loaded apis in rom/apis and WOLF/APIS except for default and wolf apis (select and press enter to unload)
end

bMenuLoop = true
nMenuNum = 0
tChoices = {}
tActions = {}
nCustomApis = "0"
menu()

#33 toxicwolf

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 03 June 2012 - 08:12 PM

View Postmax96at, on 03 June 2012 - 01:24 PM, said:

and in ssp passwords are kind of useless, it would be nice if you could add an option to turn them off

Edit:

I tried modifying the music player to be an API loader and unloader.
I don't know if you are interested in something like this and it's still unfinished because I wasn´t able to code the load und unload menus.

Please take a look at it, thanks in advance.

snip
I may add an option to make the OS more useful to SSP again later, such as removing passwords etc.

Also, the WAPI is undocumented at the moment, but soon I'm adding a Program Creating program which will also include help files on all the WolfOS, ComputerCraft and standard Lua APIs.
The API (un)loader is a interesting idea, but slightly redundant as custom APIs will be automatically loaded (provided they are saved in the right directory) once I add script writing support inside the OS.

#34 robotmaker01

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 01:35 AM

i think you could add a kewboard so type with it when your looking at the monitor

#35 toxicwolf

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 06 June 2012 - 10:55 AM

View Postrobotmaker01, on 06 June 2012 - 01:35 AM, said:

i think you could add a kewboard so type with it when your looking at the monitor
Umm, could you explain what you mean a bit more, I don't really understand what you're trying to say.

#36 max96at

• New Members
  • 15 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 06 June 2012 - 04:59 PM

What do you think of that idea:
Programs are folders with the suffix .prog. Inside them there is a file called "main" or "core". The programMenu only shows those folders, hides their suffix and when you select a programm the main or core file is run.
This would open lots of possibilities for bigger programs and program or game collections.

#37 toxicwolf

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 06 June 2012 - 05:36 PM

View Postmax96at, on 06 June 2012 - 04:59 PM, said:

What do you think of that idea:
Programs are folders with the suffix .prog. Inside them there is a file called "main" or "core". The programMenu only shows those folders, hides their suffix and when you select a programm the main or core file is run.
This would open lots of possibilities for bigger programs and program or game collections.
Hmm... Yes, I think that is a very good idea, and would allow, like you said, programs consisting of multiple files. I think I shall go ahead and do this now, nice one :)/>

#38 max96at

• New Members
  • 15 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 11 June 2012 - 09:46 PM

What do you think of that logo:
Spoiler

I can change the color if it is too hard to read btw.

#39 toxicwolf

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 11 June 2012 - 10:49 PM

View Postmax96at, on 11 June 2012 - 09:46 PM, said:

What do you think of that logo:
Spoiler
I can change the color if it is too hard to read btw.
Wow, thanks for the support! I really like the logo! Could I perhaps request a bright green one? You know, to fit the Toxic Wolf thing xD

In other news: Upgrading to an adaptable online/offline mode system is requiring lots of little re-writes in many places across the OS, and has introduced many new bugs to squish... Yep, you heard correct, networking is coming to WolfOS! Named HyperPaw.

#40 max96at

• New Members
  • 15 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 12 June 2012 - 03:27 PM

Some Variations using green:
Spoiler

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users