Sphere and Dome Builder

90 replies to this topic

#81 zanskrila

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 09:38 AM

It work's great, but sometimes it doesn't realise it's out of blocks i guess and keeps moving forward without placing anything. Other than that, Great script!

#82 Andale

• Members
  • 46 posts
  • LocationNWIndiana

Posted 12 September 2013 - 09:29 PM

i've noticed mine also doesn't realize it is out of blocks

#83 campicus

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 02:37 AM

I replaced the placeBlock function with this:

local slot = 1
function placeBlock()
  -- Cost calculation mode - don't move
  blocks = blocks + 1
  if cost_only then
	return
  end

repeat
	if turtle.getItemCount(slot) < 1 then
	  slot = slot + 1
	  if slot == 16 then
		turtle.select(16)
		turtle.placeUp()
		turtle.select(1)
		repeat
		  turtle.suckUp()
		  sleep(0)
		until turtle.getItemCount(15) > 0
		turtle.select(16)
		repeat
		  turtle.dropUp()
		  sleep(0)
		until turtle.getItemCount(16) == 0
		turtle.digUp()
		turtle.select(1)
		slot = 1
	  end
	  turtle.select(slot)
	end
  until turtle.getItemCount(slot) > 0

turtle.placeDown()
end

I have not tetsted it yet, but if you put an enderchest in slot 16 (with building material in it) then it should stay full forever. You WILL need a mining turtle now though.

EDIT: Fixed typo, cheers Kreezxil :P

#84 kreezxil

• Members
  • 128 posts
  • LocationBowie, TX

Posted 14 September 2013 - 08:24 AM

View Postcampicus, on 13 September 2013 - 02:37 AM, said:

I replaced the placeBlock function with this:
Spoiler

I have not tetsted it yet, but if you put an enderchest in slot 16 (with building material in it) then it should stay full forever. You WILL need a mining turtle now though.

Dude! You have a typo, perhaps you should test before posting. Btw did you know you can use the pastebin command to push your code to the internet, it'll respond with a link that you can put into here. An even better way would be to use any of the pastebin replacements, my favorite is "market" from turtlescripts.com because it is better on the management side of things.

#85 campicus

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 10:47 AM

Thanks for finding that typo mate, I didn't have access to minecraft at the time and I just wanted to quickly help those who were having issues. Should definitely test before posting, my bad.

Had not heard of "market", I just use pastebin in conjunction with Smart Paste (which I changed so it replaces previously existing files). Quick and painless :)

Still have not tested that code... it's been a long few days lol

#86 IMarvinTPA

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 12:59 PM

The problem I'm having with this program is that a radius 4 dome does not make a 9 diameter dome as http://www.plotz.co.uk/ would make it. I'm concerned it does not make domes and spheres correctly.

Thanks,
IMarv

#87 Keridos

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 01:37 AM

Btw: prubys code is merged into the shape builder here: http://www.computerc...st-refill-mode/

it even supports resuming and enderchest refilling and can build a variety of other shapes aswell. You might want to check that out...

#88 FastPoke82

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 11:44 AM

When I run the program, it gives me the message "Blocked attempting to move up. Please clear and press enter to continue." I get this even when the turtle is floating in midair with nothing blocking it. Help?

#89 Cranium

Ninja Scripter

• Moderators
  • 4,031 posts
  • LocationLincoln, Nebraska

Posted 31 March 2014 - 01:23 PM

View PostFastPoke82, on 31 March 2014 - 11:44 AM, said:

When I run the program, it gives me the message "Blocked attempting to move up. Please clear and press enter to continue." I get this even when the turtle is floating in midair with nothing blocking it. Help?
Make sure your turtle has fuel, or fuel is disabled in your config. That may be the reason it won't work.

#90 kornichen

• Members
  • 220 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 31 March 2014 - 02:20 PM

View PostCranium, on 31 March 2014 - 01:23 PM, said:

View PostFastPoke82, on 31 March 2014 - 11:44 AM, said:

Make sure your turtle has fuel, or fuel is disabled in your config. That may be the reason it won't work.

I think it is a problem in the program because I tested it with the new ComputerCraft version 1.6 and the last version before 1.6 and both did not work. I took a look at the source code but even if I remove the part that stops the program, it won't work.

#91 FastPoke82

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 11:00 PM

Hmm... can anyone recommend another sphere builder that will work? Or do we just have to wait for this to update?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users