Touchscreen Monitor PIN Keypad!

peripheral computer

34 replies to this topic

#21 Herophantom

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 08:33 PM

Here is my verison of the same thing, except I opted to make it small so it can be put out of the way. Its only one monitor, but it works pretty well:

Also in that video is my sensor door lock, but that can be for another thread. Here is the code I used for the keypad. I have had it working for about a week now with no problems, so if anyone finds any bugs, please let me know. Also, any pointers on ways I can optimize the code would be nice.

Spoiler

At the moment, the password is hard coded and I have plans to change that. Also, I'm planning on adding a bit more feedback on the gui, making it flass green with "access granted" and red with "access denied"

Let me know what you think.

#22 Dreossk

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 12:05 AM

Hello,

This program is great. the problem is that the hitbox of the buttons is pretty messed up, especially for the first row (1,2,3). Pressing a number sometimes even gives the wrong number. Maybe it's a scale issue? It's not usable in the current state.

Also, putting censor to false doesn't work.

Edit: In fact, none of the changeable options I tried at the beginning work.

Edited by Dreossk, 28 December 2013 - 10:16 PM.

#23 kwstoudt

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • LocationProvo, Utah

Posted 29 December 2013 - 08:48 PM

how to edit pin?

#24 awsmazinggenius

• Members
  • 930 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 29 December 2013 - 09:50 PM

View PostDreossk, on 24 December 2013 - 12:05 AM, said:

Hello,

This program is great. the problem is that the hitbox of the buttons is pretty messed up, especially for the first row (1,2,3). Pressing a number sometimes even gives the wrong number. Maybe it's a scale issue? It's not usable in the current state.

That was a giant, 5 month bump.

how to edit pin?
Try editing the program on line 135 and see if that works.

#25 Anavrins

• Members
  • 775 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 01:10 PM

Unfortunately, SHA-256 is not suitable for 1-5 digits pins, and a simple lookup of the hash on Google will yield the pin,
since there are rainbow tables of 00000 through 99999 on the net.
A way to mitigate this would be to implement a salt, if you need help with that, I can give you a hand, just PM me :)

Edit: Sorry for the bump, but I felt that it was necessary to bring this up.

Edited by Anavrins, 26 January 2014 - 01:13 PM.

#26 luaCoder

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 02:28 PM

how did you hack into a computer blocked and protected from access the only way to access it was to break a protected block?

#27 Anavrins

• Members
  • 775 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 03:18 PM

View PostluaCoder, on 26 January 2014 - 02:28 PM, said:

how did you hack into a computer blocked and protected from access the only way to access it was to break a protected block?
That's not the point of the post, but anyway, you can do that by breaking a protected block and clicking the computer before that protected block respawns.

#28 Jian

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 05:21 PM

I have released an update for this program. Pease see the change logs in the first post.

View PostBeastly, on 19 June 2013 - 06:38 PM, said:

Instead of removing the 0 bug, why not add a "0" button?
Added to upcoming features list

View Postlogwet, on 13 July 2013 - 02:00 AM, said:

what does the "COR" button on the monitor do?
It stands for "correction" and its basically a backspace.

View PostHerophantom, on 21 August 2013 - 08:33 PM, said:

Here is my verison of the same thing...
Let me know what you think.
I think your layout looks really nice. One issue that I'm having with my program is that in order to use it at optimal size (scale 0.5) you need to stack two monitors or you lose the frame.

View PostDreossk, on 24 December 2013 - 12:05 AM, said:

Hello,

Not sure what was going on with the hitboxes. Should only accept hits on the number itself or either of the blank spaces beside the number. Haven't had a chance to test this yet. almost all of the options were broken with the last update. I have fixed it somewhat. anything that isn't in the main config should update with 'edit pin/data'

View PostAnavrins, on 26 January 2014 - 01:10 PM, said:

Unfortunately, SHA-256 is not suitable for 1-5 digits pins, and a simple lookup of the hash on Google will yield the pin,
since there are rainbow tables of 00000 through 99999 on the net.
A way to mitigate this would be to implement a salt, if you need help with that, I can give you a hand, just PM me :)

Edit: Sorry for the bump, but I felt that it was necessary to bring this up.
ah yeah that makes sense. But to be fair this is more for show, even with protected blocks and anything else you can think of short of Adventure Mode, I am sure there are 1000 ways to break into this. if you can access the computer you could just Ctrl+T and open the lua console and write 'for _,v in pairs( rs.getSides() ) do rs.setOutput( v , true )'

#29 killorx

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 08:22 AM

alright so i need to know. is there a way to use a modem to link it to a monitor for far distances (better security basically)

#30 liquidthex

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 07:29 PM

Hello! Thank you a lot for this program!

I've modified it as you can see in this video:
https://www.youtube....eature=youtu.be

I've changed it to actually do a "secure" PIN authentication against a remote (wired) 2nd computer.
It requests a salted 1-time hash from the pin server and then sends the password hashed against that to the remote side which can then validate it or not.
This simultaneously solves the rainbow table attack, and makes it so the terminal granting/denying access can be placed remote of the terminal for entering the codes.
It also makes it so you can have multiple PIN Terminals but only a single authenticator controlling access, as seen in my video.
I have plans to make the Pin Server program keep logs and display logs to monitors, and to just generally make this nicer.. For now it's too rough to be considered releaseable for other people..
But here's the code if you want to see!

My modified version of your script: http://pastebin.com/1Qqk7c6D
My PIN Server script to run on the other terminal: http://pastebin.com/JHV9wG73

Thank you for your keypad script it's very well written!

Edited by liquidthex, 25 June 2014 - 07:31 PM.

#31 jackedup123

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 05:46 AM

Thank you, I have been looking everywhere for something like this! I think this will be epic for my base! :D

#32 Cookiezi

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 06:13 PM

If you have the numbers visible then it makes the lock a bit unsecure.

#33 Jian

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 02:20 AM

View Postkillorx, on 19 June 2014 - 08:22 AM, said:

alright so i need to know. is there a way to use a modem to link it to a monitor for far distances (better security basically)

Looks like liquidthex has done something better than what you're asking for but

View Postliquidthex, on 25 June 2014 - 07:29 PM, said:

Hello! Thank you a lot for this program!

I've modified it as you can see in this video:
https://www.youtube....eature=youtu.be

I've changed it to actually do a "secure" PIN authentication against a remote (wired) 2nd computer.
It requests a salted 1-time hash from the pin server and then sends the password hashed against that to the remote side which can then validate it or not.
This simultaneously solves the rainbow table attack, and makes it so the terminal granting/denying access can be placed remote of the terminal for entering the codes.
It also makes it so you can have multiple PIN Terminals but only a single authenticator controlling access, as seen in my video.
I have plans to make the Pin Server program keep logs and display logs to monitors, and to just generally make this nicer.. For now it's too rough to be considered releaseable for other people..
But here's the code if you want to see!

My modified version of your script: http://pastebin.com/1Qqk7c6D
My PIN Server script to run on the other terminal: http://pastebin.com/JHV9wG73

Thank you for your keypad script it's very well written!

This makes me pretty happy. I read through your additional code and I enjoy it. It's still hackable though ;) . Your plans for the base control system are ambitious and I would recommend scrapping most of what I've done in favour of something that can be more modularized and expanded upon. In my code I have hard coded a lot of things that should not be hard coded.

View Postjackedup123, on 21 July 2014 - 05:46 AM, said:

Thank you, I have been looking everywhere for something like this! I think this will be epic for my base! :D

Can't wait to see it, post a video when you're done!

View PostCookiezi, on 21 July 2014 - 06:13 PM, said:

If you have the numbers visible then it makes the lock a bit unsecure.

That's true unless it's in a back part of your base and you know nobody is gonna be around when you're opening it. The whole program is more for design than functionality. The whole thing is super insecure. I'm no goggle or yayhoo or what have you.

#34 Ednigma

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 March 2016 - 03:08 AM

Hey. First off i think this key pad works great. I am using this for a drawbridge door. I have figured out how to invert the redstone signal but i need to be able to activate the door with 2 monitors. What do i have to add to have this work with a monitor to the right of the computer and behind?

#35 TheBlueKingLP

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 10:02 AM

you should make it "Ask for current password when you want to change password"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users