(Video) Andy Logger Deluxe Felling Turtle! (CC 1.52 Compatible)

turtle lua

91 replies to this topic

#81 SuperZorro

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:01 AM

View Postdaman4567, on 11 September 2013 - 07:43 AM, said:

the program doesnt seem to make charcoal correctly with a regular furnace
edit: because the fuel slot and output slot sides switched with the addition of hoppers, the turtle sucks out the fuel before the charcoal is made.

I've been noticing this as well. Was wondering what was going on... Does it work in the iron or electric furnace?

#82 daman4567

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:32 AM

View PostSuperZorro, on 13 September 2013 - 06:01 AM, said:

View Postdaman4567, on 11 September 2013 - 07:43 AM, said:

the program doesnt seem to make charcoal correctly with a regular furnace
edit: because the fuel slot and output slot sides switched with the addition of hoppers, the turtle sucks out the fuel before the charcoal is made.

I've been noticing this as well. Was wondering what was going on... Does it work in the iron or electric furnace?

it might, depending on if the writers of the mods they are in have changed their input and output sides to work with hoppers.

#83 daman4567

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 01:36 PM

it gets stuck on trying to remember, when it's really just frozen

#84 DrakeAedus

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:21 PM

-- 05 Oct 2013 by DrakeAedus
-- Minor modification made to furnaceCheck() and makeCharcoal() to support
-- the new furnace sided inventory for fuel input and item removal

http://pastebin.com/mz6i3mk4

-- Had to fix the movements around the furnace when there were not enough logs to cook into charcoal.

Edited by DrakeAedus, 05 October 2013 - 08:17 AM.

#85 TheEvilSocks

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 05:18 PM

Not sure if this has been stated before, but the turtle does not fuel the furnace. Am I doing something wrong or is it not implemented (yet)?

#86 Sorcelator

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 09:09 PM

So I've been playing around with Andy Logger for a day or so, and I wanted to configure my turtle so that it charged via EU with a Solar Panel. However, it seems that the logger does not want to leave even if it has more fuel then the required amount. It seems to check for the amount of charcoal in the fuel slot instead of read its actual fuel level. I checked the code, and that doesn't appear to be true.

Could I be mistaken? I shouldn't have to change any of the code to get it to work with the charge station correct?

EDIT
It looks like it actually does only check the amount of charcoal in the inventory. That seems odd to me. I'll see if I can modify this to check the actual fuel level instead of how much coal it has.

DOUBLE EDIT
So I found the offending code and traced it back to where it runs. If you want to make the same change that I did you should find this in the code
parallel.waitForAny(fuel, wakeUp) -- don't leave without fuel

and this

parallel.waitForAny(someFuel, wakeUp) -- make sure you have enough too!
  if gotosettings == true then
   settings()
  end

and replace it with this
if turtle.getFuelLevel() < minFuel then
parallel.waitForAny(fuel, wakeUp) -- don't leave without fuel
end

and this

if turtle.getFuelLevel() < minFuel then
  parallel.waitForAny(someFuel, wakeUp) -- make sure you have enough too!
  if gotosettings == true then
   settings()
  end
end

respectively

also look for all instances of the fuel() function and put the same If condition around it except that it should be == 0. This will stop the turtle from failing to finish its run even though it has enough fuel to do so.
if turtle.getFuelLevel() == 0
fuel()
end

Now, before it runs the complicated methods for checking if it has fuel and if it needs fuel, it checks if it even has enough fuel to do its job. If it does, it skips the whole refuel process and just moves on its way.

#87 HeffeD

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 06:18 PM

View Posttikiana, on 05 October 2013 - 05:18 PM, said:

Not sure if this has been stated before, but the turtle does not fuel the furnace. Am I doing something wrong or is it not implemented (yet)?

You're not doing anything wrong. This script was written before hoppers were added to the game. When hoppers were added, the sides that you need to insert items into furnaces have changed, so the turtle no longer interfaces with the furnace properly in this script.

Although I haven't tried his changes, the user DrakeAedus has edited the script to allow for the changes.
http://www.computerc...post__p__147863

#88 raf5591

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 04:34 PM

Hey Clue!
So I've been using AndyLogger for a while now, and all the sudden i'm getting this shenanigans.
The logger plants them first time around, but when it goes to harvest, it just cuts out the 2nd block and keeps on running. Any insight?

Here's a Picture of the issue in question:
http://imgur.com/6xst0Uv

#89 Zeek21

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 03:50 AM

Hey Raf5591 are there different types of wood used in the farm or only one? From the looks of it. you managed to confuse it by having different types of wood. if i remember correctly there should only be one type of wood which should be in slot 2 right next to the saplings.

#90 Rexey

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 04:37 AM

a bonemeal option?

#91 andersand

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 January 2015 - 10:21 PM

Great work!

This logger program still works perfectly with version 1.7.10 of minecraft.

On a side note, if you for some reason can't find ice to propel your saplings to a hopper->chest->buildcraft pipe, you can just create a steep enough slope towards the middle under the tree farm like so:

Posted Image

Where the row outlined in pink in the bottom is a "hopper pipe". I have hidden the buildcraft pipes under there, it comes up below the chest. Using stairs or not for the slopes I think is optional, however I added stairs to the two rows adjacent to the hopper pipe as that worked well. The small house is where I access the room below the hoppers.

For those new to buildcraft your video may be a bit brief (in regards to the fully automated part) but I guess part of the fun comes from figuring some parts out yourself :-)

#92 xMineor

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 August 2016 - 08:13 PM

someone plz help!
the turtel dig only one block of the tree and move on to the next tree and do the samething
im not god at programing so can someone that is help me?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users