Bluenet v1.1 - A simple and powerfull Networking Layer, UPDATE!

45 replies to this topic

#41 wilcomega

• Members
  • 466 posts
  • LocationHolland

Posted 13 June 2013 - 08:58 AM

i fixed the installer so you can setup your own web hosts and browse them

#42 TorakTu

• Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 09:46 AM

View Postwilcomega, on 13 June 2013 - 08:58 AM, said:

i fixed the installer so you can setup your own web hosts and browse them

Trying out the code now.

EDIT UPDATE : Ok the updated 1.1 files work. Thanks for fixing that. Still the problem of the multiple webservers on one router still doesn't work right. When you setup first webserver it runs, you setup another one on the same router, it crashes the first webserver. I then ran the first one again and sure enough, you can access both webservers with the browser. The problem is, now both webservers are showing that they are failing because they both are looking for missing files that do not exist. BUT, as soon as I log out of minecraft and back in again, it works just fine. It's the oddest bug I have seen with bluenet.

#43 TorakTu

• Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 08:03 AM

Giving you a heads up here. Couple of us worked on the code and we actually got all of bluenet working on floppy disks. The main issue was the host file. It has a problem when it comes to loading the index file. We think we solved it in mc 1.5.2.. but then in mc 1.6.2.. boom.. now it doesn't work.. so we are still working on that one file problem. But line 35 of the host file seems to be a problem.

I'll keep you posted on any further developments.

Also, are you still updating this code ? Or should I form my own thread and take over the project ? I hadn't seen any progress from you so I wasn't sure if your still working with bluenet or not. It needs a lot of attention. It needs code in it to detect errors and it needs to smoothly allow more then one computer on each router. Things like this. As it stands, it just too buggy to be used as a stable software.

EDIT UPDATE : Solved.. it is the SHELL COMMAND... it doesn't like you running startup from the floppy disk if your not in the root. I will have to find a way to change directory within the program to know where it is when it SHELL's out to HOST.

#44 wilcomega

• Members
  • 466 posts
  • LocationHolland

Posted 30 July 2013 - 06:02 AM

well i am taking a large break from CC i am planning on updating bluenet once PDA's come out so you can have wireless connections. but if you want you can keep making it more awesome

#45 TorakTu

• Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 11:13 AM

View Postwilcomega, on 30 July 2013 - 06:02 AM, said:

well i am taking a large break from CC i am planning on updating bluenet once PDA's come out so you can have wireless connections. but if you want you can keep making it more awesome

Sweet.. i'll update it and post the alternate version on another thread so that it doesnt' disrupt your version. Thanks man. :D

#46 TorakTu

• Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 08:24 PM

For those who can't find the updated version, here is the link...

TorNet - The Forked version of Bluenet.
http://www.computerc...ion-of-bluenet/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users