Jump to content




More realistic crafting recipes


25 replies to this topic

#21 Sammich Lord

    IRC Addict

  • Members
  • 1,212 posts
  • LocationThe Sammich Kingdom

Posted 19 April 2013 - 08:11 AM

View PostSuicidalSTDz, on 19 April 2013 - 08:09 AM, said:

Then don't use CC in place of a quarry. There are other alternatives, use them.

Damn ninja
Are you trying to be ninja'd on purpose or do we just think the same? :P

#22 Bubba

    Use Code Tags!

  • Moderators
  • 1,142 posts
  • LocationRHIT

Posted 19 April 2013 - 08:12 AM

View PostSignify, on 19 April 2013 - 08:05 AM, said:

View PostBubba, on 19 April 2013 - 07:41 AM, said:

I agree with Engineer. The difficulty behind turtles is the programming aspect, whereas the difficulty behind things like buildcraft quarries is gathering enough resources/power to make them work. If you think it's too easy, then clearly you aren't programming enough.
It's not really what I'm doing, it's just the fact that by default, the excavate program combined with fuel literally requires no programming and returns all kinds of resources for little to no cost. If computers and turtles were setup so they were practically useless except for what you coded them to do, I could understand. The default programs included combined with tiny fuel requirement is a bit meh. I love using turtles and computers, I just also want to get as much out of the Minecraft experience as possible.

Here's my thing: I enjoy not having to search around for resources just to do tiny projects with a turtle. I like getting an early start with turtles, and their cheapness allows me to do so.

If you don't like the fact that it comes with programs that makes things easy, then don't use them. It's as simple as that. Making things harder is something that makes it difficult for the items to be obtained legit, whereas making things easier allows for you to decide how much effort you want to put into getting the items.

#23 Bubba

    Use Code Tags!

  • Moderators
  • 1,142 posts
  • LocationRHIT

Posted 19 April 2013 - 08:14 AM

View PostSammich Lord, on 19 April 2013 - 08:09 AM, said:

View PostSignify, on 19 April 2013 - 08:05 AM, said:

View PostBubba, on 19 April 2013 - 07:41 AM, said:

I agree with Engineer. The difficulty behind turtles is the programming aspect, whereas the difficulty behind things like buildcraft quarries is gathering enough resources/power to make them work. If you think it's too easy, then clearly you aren't programming enough.
It's not really what I'm doing, it's just the fact that by default, the excavate program combined with fuel literally requires no programming and returns all kinds of resources for little to no cost. If computers and turtles were setup so they were practically useless except for what you coded them to do, I could understand. The default programs included combined with tiny fuel requirement is a bit meh. I love using turtles and computers, I just also want to get as much out of the Minecraft experience as possible.
Which one is more expensive to use and make a turtle or a query?

Quarry. I believe it costs 12 diamonds to make a quarry, and that ignores powering them.

#24 Sammich Lord

    IRC Addict

  • Members
  • 1,212 posts
  • LocationThe Sammich Kingdom

Posted 19 April 2013 - 08:22 AM

View PostBubba, on 19 April 2013 - 08:14 AM, said:

View PostSammich Lord, on 19 April 2013 - 08:09 AM, said:

Which one is more expensive to use and make a turtle or a quarry?

Quarry. I believe it costs 12 diamonds to make a quarry, and that ignores powering them.
It was meant to be a rhetorical question since quarries are obviously more expensive.

#25 Bubba

    Use Code Tags!

  • Moderators
  • 1,142 posts
  • LocationRHIT

Posted 19 April 2013 - 08:24 AM

View PostSammich Lord, on 19 April 2013 - 08:22 AM, said:

View PostBubba, on 19 April 2013 - 08:14 AM, said:

View PostSammich Lord, on 19 April 2013 - 08:09 AM, said:

Which one is more expensive to use and make a turtle or a quarry?

Quarry. I believe it costs 12 diamonds to make a quarry, and that ignores powering them.
It was meant to be a rhetorical question since quarries are obviously more expensive.

Ah. Didn't really come across as one through text. Or maybe it did to some people and I'm just stupid XD

#26 Cloudy

    Ex-Developer

  • Members
  • 2,543 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 08:31 AM

This thread has gotten way too out of hand. Bye thread!





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users