• 4 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 01:52 AM

Downloads

Needed Industrialcraft for Minecraft 1.4.5 and computercraft

Download (version 1.0.2 for MC 1.4.5)

Block
EU reader
Posted Image

A block that allow you to know how much energy goes trough a cable and what kind of energy that go's trough.

Methods
Spoiler

Idea's/textures
if somebody has an idea for this peripheral just post it.

#2 dus998

• Members
  • 32 posts
  • LocationKansas

Posted 21 December 2012 - 02:03 AM

Looks very good,
a few suggestions
1. maybe using copper or gold cables instead of redstone
2. maybe electronic circuits instead of iron
also i made a change to the texture if you want to look at it then i'll pm you the link to the changed file

#3 dus998

• Members
  • 32 posts
  • LocationKansas

Posted 21 December 2012 - 02:14 AM

EDIT: ARG my previous post showed up just as i posted this one, sorry.

#4 absorr

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 21 December 2012 - 05:03 AM

it should also detect the power stored in all IC2 machines (e.x. Macerators, MFE, etc.)
make another one that detects the BuildCraft power level
make another one that detects the RedPower power level

#5 krakdustten

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 07:15 AM

View Postabsorr, on 21 December 2012 - 05:03 AM, said:

it should also detect the power stored in all IC2 machines (e.x. Macerators, MFE, etc.)
make another one that detects the BuildCraft power level
make another one that detects the RedPower power level

Oke I try to make it

#6 Mikeemoo

• Members
  • 732 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 21 December 2012 - 07:29 AM

Surely if you add those features you'd be basically rebuilding OpenCCSensors? Which does all this and more already.

I mean, you're of course welcome to do so. Just feels like a lot of duplicated effort..

OpenCCSensors is open source, so you're more than welcome to get involved in the development of it and add additional features to it.

#7 krakdustten

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:46 AM

View PostMikeemoo, on 21 December 2012 - 07:29 AM, said:

Surely if you add those features you'd be basically rebuilding OpenCCSensors? Which does all this and more already.

I mean, you're of course welcome to do so. Just feels like a lot of duplicated effort..

OpenCCSensors is open source, so you're more than welcome to get involved in the development of it and add additional features to it.

you are right, I will stop my development

do you have an idea for a mod or add-on

#8 Mikeemoo

• Members
  • 732 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 21 December 2012 - 09:12 PM

View Postkrakdustten, on 21 December 2012 - 11:46 AM, said:

Absolutely no need to stop your development! If you're enjoying it carry on. But you clearly have talent so didn't want to see it wasted! :)

One thing that OpenCCSensors will probably never do is have any interaction with the world around it, so something along those lines could be interesting - or something that could be used in conjunction with CCSensors would be cool too...

One thing we've discussed a bit but not yet implemented is the idea of computer controlled mobs. Of course they'd need to be robots or something, but I think the idea has a lot of potential.

#9 krakdustten

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:40 PM

View PostMikeemoo, on 21 December 2012 - 09:12 PM, said:

View Postkrakdustten, on 21 December 2012 - 11:46 AM, said:

Absolutely no need to stop your development! If you're enjoying it carry on. But you clearly have talent so didn't want to see it wasted! :)

One thing that OpenCCSensors will probably never do is have any interaction with the world around it, so something along those lines could be interesting - or something that could be used in conjunction with CCSensors would be cool too...

One thing we've discussed a bit but not yet implemented is the idea of computer controlled mobs. Of course they'd need to be robots or something, but I think the idea has a lot of potential.

good idea

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users