peripheral java lua

454 replies to this topic

#241 yoskaz01

Featured on Reddit!

• New Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 02:41 PM

View PostCloudy, on 05 June 2012 - 08:53 AM, said:

I'm thinking you're just setting it on the tile entity client side - it won't actually get networked over.

When I'm back Thursday I'll look into extending the network system I used before I discovered forges tile entity packets, to allow easy transfer of strings.

sounds like the reason, not sure how to use the forge's te packets....
see you on thursday..

#242 chuiby

• New Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 04:05 AM

View Postyoskaz01, on 05 June 2012 - 08:26 AM, said:

View Postchuiby, on 04 June 2012 - 08:51 PM, said:

View Postchuiby, on 03 June 2012 - 04:14 AM, said:

Somehow when I rename a sensor (named "Sensor" by default) to something else, It falls back to it's default name upon a server restart...

Fix this please !

Thanks

Mods that I run:

IndustrialCraft 2
BuildCraft 2
RedPower
ComputerCraft 1.33
Additional Pipes
Advanced Machines
ccSensors 017pr1

Am I invisible or what?... I'm having issues heylo!

not invisible :)/>
i'm looking into this issue - not sure yet why the sensor name is not saved on the server.

Okay, also, you haven't updated the version number to pr2 in your pr2 release (it says pr1 when someones logs in and when the server loads).

#243 yoskaz01

Featured on Reddit!

• New Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 04:55 AM

Redownload - the latest have PR2 as the version

I believe that after the sensor name not saved in smp is fixed (which of course cause additional smp issues) all major issues will be gone.

Please let me know of any other issues

i want to start working on some new content/features once the current version is peachy :)/>

what would you like to see next?
1. actions/alerts
for example: get a chat message when a condition is met - like heat level above certain value

2. new type of single task sensor
example: Temperature Probe
usage is simple:
- right click with the probe on the sensor controller to link it.
- right click with the probe on the target machine you want to probe.
- place the probe within range of the target machine
- start probing.
it does mean you have less control from lua (like changing targets,etc...) - but on the other side - much simpler usage.

#244 gigagames

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 12:59 PM

can you pls make , that its work whit bukkit ?

#245 yoskaz01

Featured on Reddit!

• New Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 12:08 AM

Once the smp issues are fixed I guessed cloudy will update the.bukkit.port

#246 Tekky

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 08:18 PM

View PostSolymr, on 27 May 2012 - 05:20 AM, said:

Having issues getting this to run, running Forge version 3.1.3.105, ComputerCraft 1.33, IC2 1.95b, BC2.2.14, RP2PR5b1, Railcraft 5.0.3, Forestry 1.4.4.4, EnderStorage 1.1.1 and Mystcraft 0.8.3. Client works fine, however server refuses to load and spits the same error into console over and over.
Spoiler
Also having this exact issue even with 017pr2, which from the changelog I thought might work now.
Have tried this on a brand new server setup, with nothing but forge and mystcraft 0.84 in my server jar and ccSensors 017pr2 and CC 1.33 in mods folder. Still get the errors as described in above log. Tried both forge 3.1.3.105 and 3.2.3.108.

Anything I can do to help debug this I will, just let me know what tests you need, because it happens every time with me.

#247 Cloudy

Ex-Developer

• Members
  • 2,543 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 08:58 PM

When I get chance to sort SMP out I'll look into this.

#248 Saboru

• New Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 10:48 PM

The IC2 Sensor Card can't be built it seems...

#249 FunshineX

• Members
  • 48 posts
  • LocationSan Jose, CA

Posted 13 June 2012 - 07:17 PM

Just published a tutorial/spotlight video on ccSensors. Please check it out. I had a few issues with the proximity sensor and 2 of the API calls.

#250 Jaap81

• New Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 09:46 AM

Just wanted to say thanks for this great mod! Exactly what computercraft needed! The most difficult part was finding the crafting recipe for IC2, had to watch the youtube video to find it :(/>

#251 Saboru

• New Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 12:51 AM

View PostJaap81, on 14 June 2012 - 09:46 AM, said:

Just wanted to say thanks for this great mod! Exactly what computercraft needed! The most difficult part was finding the crafting recipe for IC2, had to watch the youtube video to find it :(/>

mine telling what video it was? I'd like to check it out

#252 Giuseppe

• New Members
  • 9 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 16 June 2012 - 04:22 PM

can you please make this mod Compatible for this

http://mcportcentral...Ports_for_1.2.5

#253 yoskaz01

Featured on Reddit!

• New Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 10:16 PM

was away for a while,
now that i'm back, i'll sort out the issues.

#254 allquan

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 07:21 PM

in SMP i have a problem:

I can only see/use one Sensor on one frequenzy.

#255 Jaap81

• New Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:31 PM

View PostSaboru, on 15 June 2012 - 12:51 AM, said:

View PostJaap81, on 14 June 2012 - 09:46 AM, said:

mine telling what video it was? I'd like to check it out

This one:

#256 Fostenel

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:43 PM

Running into some issues in SMP.

MC 1.2.5
Forge 3.3.7.135, also had isses with Forge 3.2.5.120
CC 1.33
ccSensors MC125-C017pr2

Major Issues
- Sensors still loosing custom name after server restart.
- Sensors are deactivated after server restart. Have to go and open up the UI, then they 'turn on'
- API only sees one Sensor and names it 'Sensor' even when you have multiple that have all been renamed. (The Sensor Controller UI actually sees all Sensors and thier proper names)

Less serious IMO
- Biome types are wrong for the World Sensor.
- When looking at the GUI for a remote sensor with an Inventory Module, I noticed that it doesn't see the inventory at all (in a vanilla chest, not sure about others). The API seems to get all the correct data though.

Really looking forward to playing with this if you can get those major issues cleared up. Then I can start messing around with it with the other mods I play with.

Edit: Sensors are actually turning off and reseting their name when I just disconnect and come back.

#257 Cloudy

Ex-Developer

• Members
  • 2,543 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 09:00 AM

What actually happens is that sensors aren't saving their name server side at all. I've been a little pre occupied and haven't had chance to speak to yoskaz yet (come on IRC please mate!) to see if he has anything else we need to look into. Thanks for the report!

#258 Turtle

Wizard.gif

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • LocationThe IRC channel.

Posted 20 June 2012 - 04:18 PM

Awesome pheripheral.
One thing, The console program overrides instead of refreshing the screen, (Easy fix> Add a couple new-line prints when updating the screen :3)

#259 Fostenel

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 07:49 PM

View PostCloudy, on 20 June 2012 - 09:00 AM, said:

What actually happens is that sensors aren't saving their name server side at all. I've been a little pre occupied and haven't had chance to speak to yoskaz yet (come on IRC please mate!) to see if he has anything else we need to look into. Thanks for the report!

Do you have any idea what's going on with the API only seeing one sensor? Let me know if I can do anything to help! Can certainly host a test envirnmoent and help with testing if it's needed at all.

Ahh, think I just realized why the API isn't seeing them..... guessing it's also related to not being saved server side..

#260 Jaap81

• New Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 10:02 PM

Hi There,

I'm playing with this mod for a couple of days now and i think it works nicely. I can now see the chargestatus of my 20 mfsu units on one screen :P/>

I do have some problems with the proximity sensor however. I can't seem to get a reading at all. When i look in the sensor it gives all the targets as it should but when i use the consoleprograms i get the following:

getSensors
1: Sensor

getProbes
Sensor:Sensor
TargetInfo
Player

getReading Sensor Players
This gives no result at all.

When i use the consoleprogram, i can select the sensor, target and probe but when i go to Get Reading the program breaks to the prompt without an error..

I did read the release notes and it says there are problems with the proximity sensor in SMP (it can only detect players) but then this should work i believe.

Maybe someone can provide me with a basic piece of code that works with the proximity sensor? Or is it just a little buggy at the moment?

Regards, Jaap

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users