peripheral java lua

454 replies to this topic

#401 yoskaz01

Featured on Reddit!

• New Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 07:33 AM

matejdro, on 21 October 2012 - 08:10 AM, said:

Is anybody working on that or is officially dead?

it's a good question.... and 100% my fault.... ^_^/>
i thought i can spare more time on this, but as time goes by i see that i can't find the time to fully progress it.

cloudy was a big help with this mod and i'm hoping he can continue ... (i can still be around to help whenever i can find the time...... )

#402 Cloudy

Ex-Developer

• Members
  • 2,543 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 08:54 AM

Woah you're alive! ^_^/>

I thought about rebooting it as an open source project from scratch - thoughts? I think a community effort is the best way forward, since my time is obviously taken with CC itself.

#403 yoskaz01

Featured on Reddit!

• New Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 10:16 AM

sounds good, we can set up a project at github or something like that...

#404 Cloudy

Ex-Developer

• Members
  • 2,543 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 11:03 AM

yoskaz01, on 24 October 2012 - 10:16 AM, said:

sounds good, we can set up a project at github or something like that...

My thoughts exactly! If you have time, pop onto IRC at some point and we'll have a chat.

#405 Tiin57

Java Lunatic

• Members
  • 1,412 posts
  • LocationIndiana, United States

Posted 25 October 2012 - 11:13 AM

Cloudy is working on making this open-source.
Edit: Derp. Heavily ninja'd.

#406 Regelneef

• Members
  • 37 posts
  • LocationThe Nether-lands...

Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:36 AM

Could someone please point me to the correct github location. I'm really missing ccSensors and I'd like to try (I'm not a experienced modder) and bring it back to 1.4.2.

#407 Harcole

• New Members
  • 24 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 31 October 2012 - 09:58 AM

Anyone know how this is going? I'd love to have ccSensors or something equivalent to move on to a later version of Minecraft with IC2 and my reactors!

Or is there another plugin/mod available that will let me read reactor contents/status along with MFE's etc? - How much Java knowledge would one need to help get this done?

#408 yoskaz01

Featured on Reddit!

• New Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 10:48 AM

we'll release the source soon enough, (would rather set it free then see it dead.. :P/> )
hopefully someone with enough MC knowledge can update to the latest MC version.

i would have loved to do this, but not enough time to research and investigate what is required for the latest version :P/>
I'm not disappearing though, so i'll try to offer whatever assistance i can.

Yoskaz01

Future location of ccSensors:
https://github.com/yoskaz01/ccSensors

#409 Harcole

• New Members
  • 24 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 31 October 2012 - 02:03 PM

Thank you, and to whoever manages to update it... I'll take a look but it might just be that!

I wonder if its worth dissecting Industrial Panels to see how they work in the new versions, it could be a good starting ground and would only leave the contents section to work out?

#410 snaipperi

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:23 AM

Thanks for the great work. This addon is really the heart of anykind of automation project.

#411 itsme

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:43 AM

Hello!

I installed the build 017pr2 (client and server) version of ccSensors, but the changed sensor names isn't saved. But the changelog says: "fixed: occasional custom sensor names not kept."

Is there a solution to this faulty behavior?

Thanks

#412 Cloudy

Ex-Developer

• Members
  • 2,543 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:25 AM

Nope, and there won't be. This project is being replaced.

Sensor names work fine in single player but not in multiplayer.

#413 itsme

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:44 AM

Thank you for the answer!

May I ask what is the name of the new / replacement project?

#414 Cloudy

Ex-Developer

• Members
  • 2,543 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:57 AM

itsme, on 05 November 2012 - 10:44 AM, said:

Thank you for the answer!

May I ask what is the name of the new / replacement project?

OpenCCSensors right now (I lack imagination :D/>). When I've got a basic sensor framework set up and a sensor with it, I'll release it!

#415 itsme

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:17 PM

In my opinion it is a good name. Fine names do not make fine mods.

#416 Cozzimoto

• Members
  • 221 posts
  • LocationDallas, Tx

Posted 09 November 2012 - 05:23 AM

i hope this addon to computercraft goes far. its great and could be something maybe dan200 will add to computercraft just like monitors. but anyways i have this amazing idea for an automated HV solar factory but cant fully build it with the biggest bugs out there atm. so i hope to see something come along in the near future to bring ccSensors or OpenCCSensors to glory cause it really is a great piece of work.

#417 Tiin57

Java Lunatic

• Members
  • 1,412 posts
  • LocationIndiana, United States

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:38 AM

This is now open source at https://github.com/c.../openccsensors .

#418 Xantrim22

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 03:12 PM

Uh, if only I'd have found this earlier. Because I missed the ccSensors functionality, too, I started making my own here. It is not as fancy as ccSensors as I don't support sensor cards, but rather a tool that lets you set the target over and over again. But at least it works for Minecraft 1.3.2. It should work on SMP, too, but I don't really know how to test it.

It currently supports BC3 liquid levels, IC2 energy storages and some reactor stuff, as well as basic inventory contents. If someone wants to give it a try - let me know how it worked out for you. But please do so at the linked thread, as I won't check in here as frequently.

Maybe we could even merge the projects?

#419 Perkins

• New Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:33 AM

So it looks neat, and open source is great, but I can't figure out how to compile it. All the other forge mods I've compiled have had a build script, this one doesn't. I have MCP, but all the tutorials on using it seem to be out of date... Any pointers on how to compile this?

#420 Perkins

• New Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 11:03 AM

Okay, i got it mostly working, and learned a fair bit abotu how MCP works. Only catch is there doesn't seem to be any sensor cards and the lua scripts are also not included for interacting with sensors...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users