Adventure Map Help

8 replies to this topic

#1 werter

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 04:57 PM

First off, I wish to apologize if this is not the right section to put this post.

Second, Two of my friends and I are working on making an adventure map using the technic pack. ComputerCraft is one of the mods in the technic pack, however, me and friends have little to no programming knowledge. We wish to have computers that automatically require passwords, or keycards, or that can be used to open doors, turn on lights, etc, so nothing to complicated. If anyone is willing to help us by coding these, we will be sure to give them credit. If not, could someone at least point us in the direction of programs that are already made that would allow us to do this quite simply, and (preferably) without any coding?

Thanks

~Werter

#2 luza

• New Members
  • 43 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 February 2012 - 05:00 PM

I'd help coding them but it won't be that hard so I think you'll be also able to do that if you read some tutorials.

#3 werter

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 05:09 PM

View Postluza, on 19 February 2012 - 05:00 PM, said:

I'd help coding them but it won't be that hard so I think you'll be also able to do that if you read some tutorials.

Are they in the tutorial section? I'll take a look. What would you be willing to do, in so far as helping?

#4 luza

• New Members
  • 43 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 February 2012 - 05:11 PM

coding and probably redstoning :D/>

#5 Advert

Custom Title

• Moderators
  • 459 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 19 February 2012 - 05:12 PM

There are a few programs like this in the Program Library section.

#6 werter

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 05:19 PM

View Postluza, on 19 February 2012 - 05:11 PM, said:

Ok, cool. Thank you. Well, right now we need two programs: One that would be easily configurable for us to change, much like Argony's Custom Switch in the Program Library, but different in that it was automatically set to run on the computer's startup, and would have a function to allow for accessing the normal computer's functions through a certain key press.

Two: A program that would require keycard or password access to a door, though configurable like above, and will run on startup.

If possible, we would also like a program that would tell the status of certain ship systems (the adventure map is on a spaceship :)/>) through different colored redpower wire input.

View PostAdvert, on 19 February 2012 - 05:12 PM, said:

Thank You, I have found some, but they don't seem to meet everything I am looking for, though I am not the best at navigating a forum :/ . If you could link me to any that you feel meet what I am looking for, it would be much appreciated.

#7 Advert

Custom Title

• Moderators
  • 459 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 19 February 2012 - 06:19 PM

View Postwerter, on 19 February 2012 - 05:19 PM, said:

View Postluza, on 19 February 2012 - 05:11 PM, said:

Ok, cool. Thank you. Well, right now we need two programs: One that would be easily configurable for us to change, much like Argony's Custom Switch in the Program Library, but different in that it was automatically set to run on the computer's startup, and would have a function to allow for accessing the normal computer's functions through a certain key press.

Two: A program that would require keycard or password access to a door, though configurable like above, and will run on startup.

If possible, we would also like a program that would tell the status of certain ship systems (the adventure map is on a spaceship :)/>) through different colored redpower wire input.

View PostAdvert, on 19 February 2012 - 05:12 PM, said:

Thank You, I have found some, but they don't seem to meet everything I am looking for, though I am not the best at navigating a forum :/ . If you could link me to any that you feel meet what I am looking for, it would be much appreciated.

You can rename the program's file to "startup", and it will run on startup.

#8 alejo-norris

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:16 PM

If you still needing help, I will have no problem yo help you, but my english is not perfect, anyway I can chat with someone very easly and I know the necesary (For what are you asking). If you want my help just tell me and I will help you

#9 Dlcruz129

What's a Lua?

• Members
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:23 PM

View Postalejo-norris, on 11 February 2013 - 07:16 PM, said:

If you still needing help, I will have no problem yo help you, but my english is not perfect, anyway I can chat with someone very easly and I know the necesary (For what are you asking). If you want my help just tell me and I will help you

This thread is A YEAR OLD.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users