Minecraft Chess

52 replies to this topic

#41 Dlcruz129

What's a Lua?

• Members
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:53 AM

Any chance of us finally getting checkmate/stalemate recognition? Oh, and possibly mouse support?

#42 nitrogenfingers

Lua Professor

• Members
  • 551 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:15 PM

So much to do... finish the RPG, clean up GameUtils, turn LaserBlast into colour, write up more lectures...

Keep pestering me about it and it will eventually get done, I've not "forgotten" about Chess but it's very much on the back burner.

#43 XoX

• New Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:42 PM

If you want you could contact me on skype I got a nice idea for the checkmate recognition.

#44 nitrogenfingers

Lua Professor

• Members
  • 551 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:54 AM

I think that the actual code for checkmate recognition is in place, but isn't tested and isn't working- I simply planned to determine if the king was in check and there existed no legal move on the board that could remove the king from check. Stalemate is the same except the king isn't in check. A legal move being defined as a move which does not move the king into check, that meaning there exists no enemy piece on the board that can move to that square should the king occupy it. It's n^2, but I can't think of a better way.

It just needs testing, I'm fairly certain the engine I've built allows for most of those tests.

#45 arctivlargl

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 11:55 PM

So a recent reddit post has asked me to implement a turtle chess board. Do you mind if I look at your code and use parts of it? It would be great to have a visual simulation on the master computer that commands are provided to.

#46 nitrogenfingers

Lua Professor

• Members
  • 551 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 01 December 2013 - 06:25 PM

Sure. Same deal with all my programs on my forums; feel free to use the code as you see fit, but if you're reusing large parts of it, crediting me would be nice and sharing what you have come up with would be great as well.

#47 arctivlargl

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 05:04 PM

Sounds good. I actually completed my version last night - just have some debugging to do. I'll look at yours probably next weekend to see if you found a neat solution for some of my more messy solutions, then hopefully finish debugging everything and post it.

So far it looks really nice. Kinda excited to post it.

#48 arctivlargl

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 05:47 AM

I still need to get around to looking at your code some time. I'd like to use your monitor set up - it might give the board a nice 2D representation for people to follow.

Here is my current code that hasn't been stress tested yet. After this semester is done I'll look into some more corner cases. Maybe change rednetRelay since it seems to be bogging down the move speed.
http://www.reddit.co...r_minechildren/

Thanks for offering to let me look at your code though. I still don't have checkmate or stalemate worked out, so when I get time I'll probably look at yours to see how you did it.

Edited by arctivlargl, 08 December 2013 - 05:47 AM.

#49 FlaskBreaker

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 06:55 AM

Cool!
But, why don't you use advanced computers for the monitor?

#50 mrpoopy345

• Members
  • 148 posts
  • LocationMy Computer

Posted 09 December 2013 - 12:19 PM

Man, this is cool. Always leave it up to nitrogen to make something that will blow my mind!

#51 arctivlargl

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 01:03 PM

View PostFlaskBreaker, on 08 December 2013 - 06:55 AM, said:

But, why don't you use advanced computers for the monitor?

You mean like he did in post #34 on this thread?

-- Edit : My mistake #34 only shows an advanced computer - it doesn't necessarily show an advanced monitor which I believe is what you were getting at with your post.

Edited by arctivlargl, 09 December 2013 - 01:05 PM.

#52 ltgthebeast

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 10:41 PM

hey nitrogen fingers i tried to put the chess on the monitor and the code is on there but when i run it it says enter computer id then i enter the id of the host computer and it says no response what do i do?

#53 KingJackTBE

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 03:45 AM

Can you please tell me how to install this I have no idea how to.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users