Turtle Commands

turtle

6 replies to this topic

#1 Cherrie

• New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 10:50 PM

Hi, I've been around for a couple of days now reading this and that topic, and there seems to be this knowledge shared between members here that keeps slipping away from me, so I came here to ask this : Where can I find the full turtle command list? I'd like to know if a library of its functions exists in the CC mod , v1.3 I downloaded. If not, a link to a thread on the forums would do. (searched already, but couldn't find that exact thing...)

Specifications: I opened all the files in the 'turtle' folder, they all seem to use commands like "turtle.<something>", so what I'm looking for is a list of the <somethings> that I can use. I may also need to create some functions myself, so I'm looking for the source of those commands that are translated to the language the turtle understands, but since my knowledge of programming is quite limited, and I never encountered Lua before, your help will be highly appreciated.
p.s - I guess this is a newb question, so if you don't feel like handing out the answer, hints and directions to the answer will be just as good, I like finding things myself rather than having them handed to me ^~^

Cheers.

#2 Luanub

Lua Nub

• Members
  • 1,135 posts
  • LocationPortland OR

Posted 14 April 2012 - 10:54 PM

Goto the wiki and then the apis section, It list each api and from there a list of the commands available for the api.

Turtle is here

You can also type help turtle from a terminal in the game

#3 MysticT

Lua Wizard

• Members
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 10:58 PM

Try searching on the wiki, there's a full list of every api functions (like the turtle api), or look at the in-game help (help turtle). The sources for the turtle api are not available, since it's coded in the mod (in java), so you have to use the api to create your own functions.

#4 Cherrie

• New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 10:59 PM

So THAT is what API's are... gee thanks for the quick response mate :)/>)

#5 Ninjawolf0007

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:58 AM

Here is the most up to date list: Please note, not every API function is listed here.
Spoiler

#6 GeniusChild

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 01:33 PM

It wont let me make a post. Anyone know why?

#7 Bomb Bloke

Hobbyist Coder

• Moderators
  • 7,099 posts
  • LocationTasmania (AU)

Posted 28 May 2013 - 06:28 AM

http://www.computerc...ns-please-read/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users