Jump to content




Huge banking system

computer networking utility

89 replies to this topic

#41 Tiin57

    Java Lunatic

  • Members
  • 1,412 posts
  • LocationIndiana, United States

Posted 16 July 2012 - 01:42 PM

View PostWolvan, on 17 April 2012 - 09:40 PM, said:

Please let me help! I am good at such logical firewall stuff and coding in general. Look at my Tag: "Pro Coder"
*cough* Desperate xD

#42 strideynet

  • New Members
  • 213 posts
  • LocationDistrict52

Posted 29 August 2012 - 06:31 PM

He does post much does he. I think he doesn't read this much anymore!

#43 dorky106

  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 02:32 AM

View PostBigSHinyToys, on 17 April 2012 - 08:57 PM, said:

Really looking ford to the challenge of hacking your ATM system.
When you do, he may try to get your help to improve it so it can't be hacked as easy again afterwards :)/>

#44 Grim Reaper

  • Members
  • 502 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 30 August 2012 - 02:39 AM

View PostLeo Verto, on 18 April 2012 - 04:52 PM, said:

We're planning to code internet, but make some things different/better. As strideynet said, we already have a few awesome coders like Wolvan, nitrogenfingers, 1v2f3a4m5e6n and coolblockj, but the bigger and more advanced our team is, the better our project will become. We would appreciate if you join us. :)/>

I'd love to join, if there are openings.

#45 Dragonborn

  • New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 09:03 PM

good idea but it's not fool proof. Also is there like a way where if someone dies and has their "card" stolen they can contact you and have it canceled?

#46 matejdro

  • Members
  • 324 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 09:47 PM

How will you handle connection between datacenter and ATMs? Rednet default range is too low for systems like that, so you would have to make routers. And since you want to allow every player to have its shop with ATM, that would mean A LOT of routers to get signal to every shop. And each router needs chunkloader to stay active, so would not that mean huge strain for the server?

Also with systems like that it would be super cool to have something like rednet sniffer. So someone could sniff packets send to other computer. This would make it very realistic like people trying to "hack" the protocol and the system to get some free money.

#47 DragonGeek

  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 12:12 AM

Hello!
I would like to help this project!
Although I'm no coding genius,
I can make your facilities look
cool and I can test the machines
to be derp-proof!

-Dragongeek

#48 Leo Verto

  • Members
  • 620 posts
  • LocationOver there

Posted 04 September 2012 - 04:18 PM

View Postmatejdro, on 30 August 2012 - 09:47 PM, said:

How will you handle connection between datacenter and ATMs? Rednet default range is too low for systems like that, so you would have to make routers. And since you want to allow every player to have its shop with ATM, that would mean A LOT of routers to get signal to every shop. And each router needs chunkloader to stay active, so would not that mean huge strain for the server?

Also with systems like that it would be super cool to have something like rednet sniffer. So someone could sniff packets send to other computer. This would make it very realistic like people trying to "hack" the protocol and the system to get some free money.
Team Econ is working on it!

#49 fixerpro

  • Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 09:13 PM

i got one running,make sure you have hamachi cuz i dont know how to portfoward but the IP is: :25565
make sure you have : before the ip starts,it runs smoothly with few banned items,everything else is enabled,its a fresh new server,raiding is kinda allowed with perm,like you send a request to bend eneimes like chat USER:i want to be eniemes!!!USER2:accepted,ADMIN/OWNER:accepted to raid that property.
like that,i have no plugins right now,ill add some,but its fresh,the map will reset once 1.3.2 tekkit comes out so be prepared on that
its a open server,no whitelist,no lag att all,100 ram,60 CPU,try not to make the server overflow with items,entitys ETC;

#50 NIN3

  • New Members
  • 57 posts
  • LocationEverywhere.

Posted 05 September 2012 - 02:23 AM

Just adding my 2 bits here, but could you not use long range radio systems (im a tekkit player, so im thinking of wireless redstone chicken bones eddition) and use this to send -slow- long range comunications, to allow limited transactions?

#51 D3matt

  • Members
  • 830 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 02:12 PM

View Postfixerpro, on 04 September 2012 - 09:13 PM, said:

hamachi cuz i dont know how to portfoward
No.

#52 Leo Verto

  • Members
  • 620 posts
  • LocationOver there

Posted 05 September 2012 - 06:06 PM

View Postfixerpro, on 04 September 2012 - 09:13 PM, said:

100 ram,60 CPU
Wow, that Computer has amazing specs!

#53 reinei

  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 06:10 PM

View PostLeo Verto, on 05 September 2012 - 06:06 PM, said:

View Postfixerpro, on 04 September 2012 - 09:13 PM, said:

100 ram,60 CPU
Wow, that Computer has amazing specs!
100 Ram? it should be 1,2,4,8,16,32,64 or 128 (everything over that is like super IBM server) and 60CPU? whats 60CPU?

#54 DarkSnake

  • Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 06:12 PM

View Postfixerpro, on 04 September 2012 - 09:13 PM, said:

i got one running,make sure you have hamachi cuz i dont know how to portfoward but the IP is: :25565
make sure you have : before the ip starts,it runs smoothly with few banned items,everything else is enabled,its a fresh new server,raiding is kinda allowed with perm,like you send a request to bend eneimes like chat USER:i want to be eniemes!!!USER2:accepted,ADMIN/OWNER:accepted to raid that property.
like that,i have no plugins right now,ill add some,but its fresh,the map will reset once 1.3.2 tekkit comes out so be prepared on that
its a open server,no whitelist,no lag att all,100 ram,60 CPU,try not to make the server overflow with items,entitys ETC;
Posted Image

#55 basdxz

  • Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 04:54 PM

XD funnest specs ever! Say can I help you out? I am very good with RP2 stuff from Tekkit, mostly wires and logic gates. (100 ram = 2000th ram and 60 cpu = 1960th cpu XD)

#56 kingrunes

  • New Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 08:07 PM

View Postfixerpro, on 04 September 2012 - 09:13 PM, said:

i got one running,make sure you have hamachi cuz i dont know how to portfoward but the IP is: :25565
make sure you have : before the ip starts,it runs smoothly with few banned items,everything else is enabled,its a fresh new server,raiding is kinda allowed with perm,like you send a request to bend eneimes like chat USER:i want to be eniemes!!!USER2:accepted,ADMIN/OWNER:accepted to raid that property.
like that,i have no plugins right now,ill add some,but its fresh,the map will reset once 1.3.2 tekkit comes out so be prepared on that
its a open server,no whitelist,no lag att all,100 ram,60 CPU,try not to make the server overflow with items,entitys ETC;

I cut the image out for EVERYONE's sake. Also, your language doesn't sound like it would if I were to make an ad for my server... What specs have you got? I don't understand "100 ram,60 CPU". Finally, "cuz I dont know how to portforward", if you were really serious about this server you'd have Google'd about it. It really isn't hard to port forward, most routers just have a web UI section for it.

#57 kingrunes

  • New Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 08:09 PM

View PostD3matt, on 05 September 2012 - 02:12 PM, said:

View Postfixerpro, on 04 September 2012 - 09:13 PM, said:

hamachi cuz i dont know how to portfoward
No.

I'm right behind you on that one. Anyone that can't be bothered to find out how to portforward and uses that amount of slang when showing off his server is clearly going to admin the server as well as he can speak clear English :D/>

#58 kingrunes

  • New Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 08:12 PM

View Postxuma202, on 15 April 2012 - 11:14 AM, said:

And when someone destroys your DATA STAGE?

I can totally own your speedtest.net results :D/> Give me until the 19th of September (fiber optics FTW)

#59 Dlcruz129

    What's a Lua?

  • Members
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 10:45 PM

I would love to join, learn, and maybe even help! IGN: dlcruz129.

#60 SNWLeader

  • Members
  • 71 posts
  • LocationTampa Bay, Florida

Posted 14 October 2012 - 04:15 PM

I like this idea, all though I am in the clueless rank, I am still a noob at CC, but the idea would be amazing. Show us some vids when its done. :)/>





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users