• LocationBrazil

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:56 PM

Maybe we should merge with Team Econ's project

#62 Leo Verto

• Members
  • 620 posts
  • LocationOver there

Posted 16 October 2012 - 05:21 PM

This has never really been it's own project, it was just Netblock advertising here and some people applying on the wrong thread.

Netblock might be taken up again soon.

#63 D3matt

• Members
  • 830 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 10:57 PM

View PostLeo Verto, on 16 October 2012 - 05:21 PM, said:

This has never really been it's own project, it was just Netblock advertising here and some people applying on the wrong thread.

Netblock might be taken up again soon.
HBS was part of netblock? Wut?

#64 Leo Verto

• Members
  • 620 posts
  • LocationOver there

Posted 24 October 2012 - 08:38 PM

View PostD3matt, on 21 October 2012 - 10:57 PM, said:

HBS was part of netblock? Wut?
Not really, someone made this, some people said they'd love to help, netblock said they'd make something similar too, everyone applied. As far as I know, the OP hasn't ever replied again.

#65 Tiin57

Java Lunatic

• Members
  • 1,412 posts
  • LocationIndiana, United States

Posted 24 October 2012 - 10:39 PM

View PostLeonardoas26, on 14 October 2012 - 08:56 PM, said:

Maybe we should merge with Team Econ's project
Team Econ has kind of ended. We'll continue updating (like we did for 1.45) but past that, we're done.

#66 Geforce Fan

• Members
  • 846 posts
  • LocationMissouri, United States, America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Universe 42B, Life Street, Multiverse, 4th Dimension

Posted 25 October 2012 - 07:30 PM

I hope you don't use Floppy Disks as credit cards, because then if someone got the computer to list all programs even with a . in front of them, they would see the variable and set it to like 999999999999999 or something. However, something like a Registration ID on the Floppy Disk would be cool, then it would auth it and check how much you have on it (how much you have on it would be stored on your servers)

#67 Jasonfran

• Members
  • 148 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 01 November 2012 - 11:59 PM

View Postromrom000, on 15 April 2012 - 04:01 PM, said:

@Cloudy, i just want to make it more realistic by doing that (im IT Engineer :D/> )

View Postromrom000, on 17 April 2012 - 06:33 AM, said:

Hey everybody!

I'll try to put it online as soon as possible (i'm student, so need to find the money to do that ! )

I'll give you some pictures, soon...

Which one are you? IT engineer or student?

#68 1v2

• Members
  • 89 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:42 AM

View PostJasonfran, on 01 November 2012 - 11:59 PM, said:

View Postromrom000, on 15 April 2012 - 04:01 PM, said:

@Cloudy, i just want to make it more realistic by doing that (im IT Engineer :D/> )

View Postromrom000, on 17 April 2012 - 06:33 AM, said:

Hey everybody!

I'll try to put it online as soon as possible (i'm student, so need to find the money to do that ! )

I'll give you some pictures, soon...

Which one are you? IT engineer or student?

He hasn't been active since 21 april.

#69 waffles05

• New Members
  • 15 posts
  • LocationThe Overworld

Posted 02 November 2012 - 07:46 AM

Hello,

This build looks really cool and I would love to help out if this was a server! I am good at coding in CC and good with redstone too. Although, I play with a Cracked MC
so it would have to be offline :D/>

#70 strideynet

• New Members
  • 213 posts
  • LocationDistrict52

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:25 PM

I'm gonna say the new netblock is gonna do this.
I think this thread needs locking. This man is dead or bored of cc.

#71 Leo Verto

• Members
  • 620 posts
  • LocationOver there

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:28 AM

View Poststrideynet, on 04 November 2012 - 09:25 PM, said:

I'm gonna say the new netblock is gonna do this.
I think this thread needs locking. This man is dead or bored of cc.
Yes, I totally agree with you, still too many applications or other random stuff, I'll ask
the Unicorn King to lock this until the OP returns.

Edit: romrom000 has been active for 7 days during April this year, he never logged in again after that.

Edited by Leo Verto, 05 November 2012 - 12:29 AM.

#72 D3matt

• Members
  • 830 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:16 AM

View PostHithere__, on 25 October 2012 - 07:30 PM, said:

I hope you don't use Floppy Disks as credit cards, because then if someone got the computer to list all programs even with a . in front of them, they would see the variable and set it to like 999999999999999 or something. However, something like a Registration ID on the Floppy Disk would be cool, then it would auth it and check how much you have on it (how much you have on it would be stored on your servers)
I don't think you understand how a credit card works.

#73 matejdro

• Members
  • 324 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:29 AM

I see huge security issue:

Credit cards are floppy disks. And we know that if you have access to the floppy, you basically have access to whole PC (Ctrl +S, insert startup floppy, reboot). You could examine source code, override paywall (for example enabling redstone or perform any other pay action manually for free) or even modify it to make it send every card ID and PIN to you, so you can steal money easily.

It's not possible, at least not without modifying rom files (which I consider cheating. But hey, he is also cheating by surrounding data center in bedrock).

#74 Leo Verto

• Members
  • 620 posts
  • LocationOver there

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:36 AM

View Postmatejdro, on 05 November 2012 - 06:29 AM, said:

I see huge security issue:

Credit cards are floppy disks. And we know that if you have access to the floppy, you basically have access to whole PC (Ctrl +S, insert startup floppy, reboot). You could examine source code, override paywall (for example enabling redstone or perform any other pay action manually for free) or even modify it to make it send every card ID and PIN to you, so you can steal money easily.

It's not possible, at least not without modifying rom files (which I consider cheating. But hey, he is also cheating by surrounding data center in bedrock).
Who said the user input computer is directly linked to the floppy drive? :D/>
It's possible to use a buffer computer just for reading the disk, rebooting the computer the user is interacting with wouldn't do anything.

#75 kazagistar

• Members
  • 365 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:52 AM

The optimal solution I think is to put both the password and the program to run the end node on the same disk. The user can make sure the computer is turned off, put the disk in, and boot off their own disk, then communicate with a back end controller computer to withdraw and deposit. That way, an ATM cannot be hacked to steal people's stuff when they put a card in.

#76 Leo Verto

• Members
  • 620 posts
  • LocationOver there

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:56 AM

View Postkazagistar, on 05 November 2012 - 07:52 AM, said:

The optimal solution I think is to put both the password and the program to run the end node on the same disk. The user can make sure the computer is turned off, put the disk in, and boot off their own disk, then communicate with a back end controller computer to withdraw and deposit. That way, an ATM cannot be hacked to steal people's stuff when they put a card in.
How would you make sure, the user doesn't cheat when depositing?

#77 matejdro

• Members
  • 324 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:59 AM

Yeah, I did not thought about proxy PC before.

About kazagistar's idea, I don't see how could user cheat when depositing. Whole purpose of proxy PC would be to send rednet message ("Card with ID X inserted"). You could modify that data on the floppy itself even if you don't have access to proxy PC's programs.

#78 Leo Verto

• Members
  • 620 posts
  • LocationOver there

Posted 05 November 2012 - 09:13 AM

Ah, so kazagistar's idea was to also add a proxy.
I still don't like users writing the programs themselves, might be either too complicated or open exploits.

#79 matejdro

• Members
  • 324 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 09:16 AM

They would not write it themselves. When they would receive their "credit card" from the bank, it would be already written.

#80 Leo Verto

• Members
  • 620 posts
  • LocationOver there

Posted 05 November 2012 - 09:20 AM

View Postmatejdro, on 05 November 2012 - 09:16 AM, said:

They would not write it themselves. When they would receive their "credit card" from the bank, it would be already written.
Well, kazagistar suggested users booting their own startup scripts from their disks.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users