Interactive Computercraft Tutorial (In-Game)

33 replies to this topic

#1 Casper7526

OG of CC

• Members
  • 362 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 10:33 AM

Interactive ComputerCraft Tutorial

HowTo:

Download Tutorial
http://www.mediafire...sqpjne30b2f320s

Extract and place that file inside your mods/computercraft/lua/rom/programs/

Type "tutorial" in the terminal and press enter.

#2 G0V3RNM3NT4L

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 08:25 PM

THANK YOU SO MUCH! Seriously, sorry about the caps spam but this helped me soooo much!

#3 Leo Verto

• Members
  • 620 posts
  • LocationOver there

Posted 06 March 2012 - 02:47 PM

This really helped me coding for CC although I knew a little lua before. :unsure:/>

#4 Sidenstein

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 02:44 PM

Funny thing, when I just double click the file, it opens up my "mass effect 2 launcher"! Just wanted to share.

#5 hamish1001

• New Members
  • 75 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 22 March 2012 - 05:44 AM

THANK YOU this helped sooooooooooooooooo much :)/>
im a NINJA :(/> :)/>

#6 Kadecamz

• New Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 07:26 PM

Changed it from a rar. file. Will it still work?

#7 WolfsRainESP

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 09:09 PM

the part of the redpower have and issue on hot to set off the bundled cable, see it. -Thanks for the gui!! it really helps!

#8 RockLegend2

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • LocationOviedo, Florida

Posted 31 March 2012 - 11:58 PM

You, sir, are one awesome person.

Thanks!

#9 adamvan2000

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 10:01 AM

I am brand new to CC, made my first 'puter, and copied the tutorial to to correct directory as stated above. It's not saved with any suffix, justy like the other programs in the directory, but the computer fails to recognize it when I log in. I have tried navigating to that directory within the the in-game computer, but it does not appear there either. I am playing on a server with CC, could that be the issue? Do I need an admin to add it to the programs in the server files, or can I just add it in locally and have it work? The server is 1.1 with RP2 and CC. Thanks for being patient with a newb.

#10 DragonDonut

• New Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 02:05 PM

View Postadamvan2000, on 06 April 2012 - 10:01 AM, said:

I am brand new to CC, made my first 'puter, and copied the tutorial to to correct directory as stated above. It's not saved with any suffix, justy like the other programs in the directory, but the computer fails to recognize it when I log in. I have tried navigating to that directory within the the in-game computer, but it does not appear there either. I am playing on a server with CC, could that be the issue? Do I need an admin to add it to the programs in the server files, or can I just add it in locally and have it work? The server is 1.1 with RP2 and CC. Thanks for being patient with a newb.

Yes, you playing on a server definitely has some thing to do with it. What you could do is either download the code to a computer through pastebin, but the you would have to download it to every computer you wanna use it on(or put it on a floppy) or ask the server owner to add the file.

#11 FunshineX

• Members
  • 48 posts
  • LocationSan Jose, CA

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:19 AM

Exactly what I was looking for!

#12 Teraminer

• New Members
  • 175 posts
  • LocationDon't look behind you..

Posted 13 April 2012 - 05:05 PM

WTF it is awesome DOWNloading!!!

#13 djblocksaway

Epic Coderz

• New Members
  • 397 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 13 May 2012 - 01:39 PM

nice nice :D/>

great tut for the noobs :P/>

good job casper

#14 djblocksaway

Epic Coderz

• New Members
  • 397 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 13 May 2012 - 01:40 PM

and hamish u got lots of shit in ur sig xD

#15 wowplayer101

• New Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 04:41 AM

I own a server... Could I just put it in the server's version of the file? I've looked through the server files (this is a tekkit server) and the CC mods folder looks pretty much the same as a singleplayer version. Would it work even though I am running a tekkit server? O.o

#16 diegodan1893

• Members
  • 164 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 10 July 2012 - 08:47 PM

Thanks, this helped me a lot. It's the best tutorial for starting in LUA.

#17 kaj

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 11:27 PM

This helped (and is still helping me) A LOT.
you should download this if you're just getting into CC or lua.

thank you OP

#18 seth_321

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 06:20 PM

View Postwowplayer101, on 05 July 2012 - 04:41 AM, said:

I own a server... Could I just put it in the server's version of the file? I've looked through the server files (this is a tekkit server) and the CC mods folder looks pretty much the same as a singleplayer version. Would it work even though I am running a tekkit server? O.o

I put this tutorial in the "mods" folder on my server(Tekkit).... " MINECRAFTUsersXXXDesktopTekk-UpdatedmodsComputerCraftluaromprograms " <-- to be exact lol. This folder will make the tutorial program available on all computers in-game and any new ones created! This tutorial was very cool! I learned a lot and by putting it in the server mods folder now all the noobs like me can make a computer and just do the tutorial real quick to learn. This should be added to the standard programs listed when someone downloads the ComputerCraft Mod.

#19 4forpengs

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 05:19 AM

wow, that tutorial is amazing.

I found a slight problem with the program, it's just a small one. If you implement the variables lesson into solving the problem, you should be fine.

Problem:
While statement trial

if the user decides to do the while true do method, and then the while name ~= method, and they don't use a different name, the variable gets stored and the while name ~= method will not run properly because the variable name already is set as the naem they chose in the while true do method.

I believe having them set the variable as a local variable would solve the issue.

#20 Tenaigh

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 04:05 AM

Am I just screwed or is there any way to put this in my tekkit client??

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users