Interactive Computercraft Tutorial (In-Game)

33 replies to this topic

#21 GalactusX

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Locationspain

Posted 20 September 2012 - 04:57 AM

I really like your tutorial, can you give me permission to translate and implement it on the server I play? (I have friends with the owner of the server XD)

#22 juiceblox

• New Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 02:55 PM

Can someone help me? On the chapter about if statements, I made the following code.
Spoiler

With an input of anything besides "pete" or "Pete", I get the following output.
Spoiler

It seems my nested if statement is prematurely ending my first if statement. How do I prevent that?
*Edit: I took away the nested if, and it's still giving me the same output. Wtf???
*Edit2: I figured it out. I didn't put the second "name ==" in the first if command line. I guess I'll just thank myself and leave...

#23 PeterHansen

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 05:37 AM

I've just registered to say THAT'S AWESOME!

Thank you very much!

#24 Ralnick

• New Members
  • 32 posts
  • Locationthe lighter side of Hell -- South Dakota

Posted 06 October 2012 - 06:52 AM

thanks for this... it helped alot.

#25 BuddeDrunk

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:43 AM

Can't get this to work for the life of me. Put it into the aforementioned folder including on my desktop(where technic is saved) and roaming just for the hell of it. Won't show up in game. Help?

#26 Vaupell

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:17 AM

Both links not working..

#27 whos_Blu

• New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:31 PM

UPDATE LINK!!!!!!!!!

#28 GeniusName3

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:45 PM

inside the .zip file?If not then I don't have a computercraft folder

#29 i_am_th0r

• New Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:44 PM

yea i was in the simulation for while loops and i got stuck in a infinite loop ,i debugged my hello program several times to be exactly sure but bob just isnt working,i use a lower case bob so i dont have to do Bob.Isnt there a way to code the way out of a infinite loop?

#30 i_am_th0r

• New Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:48 PM

View PostBuddeDrunk, on 04 November 2012 - 09:43 AM, said:

Can't get this to work for the life of me. Put it into the aforementioned folder including on my desktop(where technic is saved) and roaming just for the hell of it. Won't show up in game. Help?
If u have Windows 7 go to start menu and type in run then in the run program do %appdata% and go to technic folder/tekkit/saves/Computer and find the id of the computer u want to put the tutorial file in and just place it in,boot up the world in tekkit and run the tutorial program

View PostVaupell, on 13 November 2012 - 12:17 AM, said:

Both links not working..
yes they are now

View PostGeniusName3, on 26 November 2012 - 12:45 PM, said:

inside the .zip file?If not then I don't have a computercraft folder
are u using minecraft or tekkit? if u installed the mod in minecraft and never runned a cpu than go back (either or tekkit or minecraft) to your world and get a computer in a single player, run the computer first,do id in the computer to get the id of the computer and the will be the folder name in the saves folder of tekkit or minecraft.From there, put the file in there.

#31 Astrobleme

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 09:49 PM

I'm having trouble on chapter 2's exercise. I'm type in the the prompt edit hello to create or edit hello to start following the instructions, but when I'm told to clear the screen the syntax doesn't work. I'm referring to term.clear() syntax. I started the lua prompt out of the tutorial and tried the term.clear() syntax and it worked. What am I doing wrong?

#32 kaikalii

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 02:10 PM

Wow. Im only a few chapters in, but this is already awesome. Thank you so much! This is exactly what i need.

#33 Loki

• New Members
  • 26 posts
  • LocationA flatland world with 100's of computers and a village that was covered with lava with a parkour course about it; Minecraftia.

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:29 PM

View Posthamish1001, on 22 March 2012 - 05:44 AM, said:

THANK YOU this helped sooooooooooooooooo much :lol:/>
im a NINJA :ph34r:/> :lol:/>

Sir, do you have an obsession with dogs barking? If so, why is my son, (more formerly known as Fenrir should i say) in your little barking dog signature? Just a question...

#34 TheOddByte

Lazy Coder

• Members
  • 1,607 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:45 AM

Could You Maybe Include A rednet Tutorial In this if you will update it?
Cause I don't know so much about it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users