[mc 1.6.x] Openperipheral

1184 replies to this topic

#1 Mikeemoo

• Members
  • 732 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 25 May 2013 - 04:17 PM

I decided to lock this thread, as it's turned into a collection of repeated requests for something that will never happen, and bug reports.

Bug reports:

All bug reports should go onto our bug tracker. Putting them all in a single place makes it a lot easier for us to manage and filter.

Downloads:

All downloads can be found on the OpenMods website.

Documentation & help:

Documentation is IN-GAME. You can see the documentation for any openperipheral you're attached to by typing "openp/docs <side>". To get information about a particular method, type "openp/docs <side> <methodname>"

If you don't have the documentation script in your version of OpenPeripheral, you can find it here.

If you're looking to get documentation out of the game, we offer a command that will dump documentation for the current set of mods into your minecraft folder. Use the command /op_dump (or /op_dump myfile.xml) and it'll save documentation as an XML file.

We do not offer online documentation because documentation is specific to the exact version of OpenPeripheral that you're using, the select of mods that you currently have installed, and the versions of each of those mods you have installed. It's far too much data to effectively manage and keep up to date. OpenPeripheral does not add support for individual blocks, we add support for interfaces. Documenting interfaces would make no sense to users.

If you need general lua help while programming using OpenPeripheral, I recommend asking in esper.net #ComputerCraft or asking in 'Ask a Pro'. We are not lua teachers (and I'm not good at lua, either!).

If you need support regarding any of the actual OpenPeripheral methods and the in-game documentation doesn't give you the information you need, you can reach us in esper.net #OpenMods.

Spotlights & Media:

Edited by Mikeemoo, 26 March 2014 - 05:11 PM.

#2 electrodude512

• Members
  • 167 posts
  • LocationEastern USA

Posted 25 May 2013 - 06:31 PM

This is cool because it's server-side-only, but how is this functionally any better than OCS?

#3 Mikeemoo

• Members
  • 732 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 25 May 2013 - 07:28 PM

It's not better. It's different.

OCS lets you sense things in a wide area - it's much better for managing systems within a base, for example. This is more for more specialized tasks, or just a place to throw things I don't feel belong in OCS.

This mod wont necessarily be limited to just sensing things - there'll be some level of interaction (such as the noteblock!)

#4 Mikeemoo

• Members
  • 732 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 25 May 2013 - 07:30 PM

Also, at the moment I'm very aware that this is overpowered considering it costs nothing! I'll probably add a way for it to sink some resources. It'll probably be something like.. you drop redstone onto the computer and it'll give you a few thousand credits you can use for api calls.

#5 Mikeemoo

• Members
  • 732 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 26 May 2013 - 06:57 AM

Added a whole bunch of new methods last night

#6 Mikeemoo

• Members
  • 732 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 26 May 2013 - 09:14 AM

Update: added IC2 reactor methods

#7 Mikeemoo

• Members
  • 732 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 26 May 2013 - 09:31 AM

Added IC2 mass fab methods

#8 maxxori

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • LocationWales

Posted 26 May 2013 - 09:32 AM

Very interesting concept, I'll be watching this one for sure.

#9 Mikeemoo

• Members
  • 732 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 26 May 2013 - 09:36 AM

Added ic2 induction furnace

#10 Mikeemoo

• Members
  • 732 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 26 May 2013 - 11:06 AM

0.0.4 released!

I said that I wouldn't be releasing much, but I had to upgrade the engine behind it :)
Those who upgrade will be able to use certain methods that people on 0.0.3 can't use. (they simply wont appear for 0.0.3 users).

Also, added thaumcraft brain in a jar support. Enjoy!

#11 Mikeemoo

• Members
  • 732 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 26 May 2013 - 12:23 PM

Added support for MineFactory Reloaded. More to come soon!

Some of the jukebox commands will work fine, but throw an error in earlier versions.

0.0.5 (new release) fixes this.

#12 Molinko

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 12:31 PM

I love you for this Mikee...

#13 Mikeemoo

• Members
  • 732 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 26 May 2013 - 12:33 PM

View PostMolinko, on 26 May 2013 - 12:31 PM, said:

Ha! Well I was getting worried about the lack of responses. But more like this are good!

#14 Mikeemoo

• Members
  • 732 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 26 May 2013 - 12:49 PM

Added MFR auto enchanter

#15 ds84182

• Members
  • 184 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 01:16 PM

Ok.
/nick George`Takei
Eau My.

#16 Mikeemoo

• Members
  • 732 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 26 May 2013 - 01:21 PM

http://www.reddit.co..._into_a/ca6bb8q

I'll just leave this here..

#17 Molinko

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 01:44 PM

View PostMikeemoo, on 26 May 2013 - 12:33 PM, said:

Ha! Well I was getting worried about the lack of responses. But more like this are good!

I really like the the low maintenance client side.. Also I love ocs, but this fills a nice gap in the types or data we can find in our mc worlds.. Nice mod, nice work!

#18 hardc0de

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 02:21 PM

Mike, I can't seem to find the sources on github. I'm curious about it, and I'd like to add some peripherals support myself.

#19 Mikeemoo

• Members
  • 732 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 26 May 2013 - 02:28 PM

It's here:

https://github.com/M.../OpenPeripheral

Ugly as hell at the moment. Hopefully I'll get to tidying it up over the next week.

all method definitions are in methods.json

#20 TecmagDiams

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 02:33 PM

If only it was for the current Feed The Beast version. This looks drop dead beautiful, and I would use it in a heartbeat if I could. :P

^This. All my this. I love you so much I want to kidnap you and never let you go. *cough* I mean, give you a friendly handshake. Yep, that's what I meant.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users