[mc 1.6.x] Openperipheral

1184 replies to this topic

#861 Thief^

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 05:09 AM

View Posttheoriginalbit, on 18 November 2013 - 06:39 PM, said:

If you have the latest then its there! Recipe is a Duck Antenna on the Turtle iirc.
So it is.

It doesn't show in NEI for some reason...

#862 theoriginalbit

Semi-Professional ComputerCrafter

• Moderators
  • 7,332 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 19 November 2013 - 06:45 AM

View PostThief^, on 19 November 2013 - 05:09 AM, said:

There's a few recipes which don't for some reason. Although I've never had the problem, it works perfectly in the development environment and the server. Just seems to fail for some people.

#863 theoriginalbit

• Moderators
  • 7,332 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 19 November 2013 - 10:40 PM

View PostThief^, on 19 November 2013 - 05:09 AM, said:

I've made a tweak in the latest version and I'm hoping that it fixes some of the NEI problems. It may not fix all of them as recipes are scattered all over the place, but if possible would you be able to test the latest? I would test myself but I've never been able to replicate the problem with NEI not showing recipes.

#864 BakermanLP

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 20 November 2013 - 08:32 AM

Hello,
I have a suggestion for your mod(s). Let me explain that a little bit.

Most of us used miscperipherals, cause there are some very interessting addons for turtles. But RichardG has abandon the mod and more and more doesn't work.

You seem to be a talented programmer and this is only a suggestion and would be a great addition for the community.

My first blocks and items, that most of my community would like to see are:
- Charging station for turtles
- Chunk Loader for turtles
- Anvil and xp for turtles (you've done something like that as blocks already)

Other upgrades, items and blocks are also usefull of the "old" miscperipherals.

Could you please have a look at this?

Thanks!

Michael (aka BakermanLP)

#865 theoriginalbit

• Moderators
  • 7,332 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 20 November 2013 - 08:40 AM

View PostBakermanLP, on 20 November 2013 - 08:32 AM, said:

- Charging station for turtles
Mikee has turned down similar discussions I've had with him about fuelling systems for Turtles, granted its not quite the same method, but its the same concept.

- Chunk Loader for turtles
How funny. This was suggested earlier today on GitHub.

- Anvil and xp for turtles (you've done something like that as blocks already)
I'll talk to Mikee and/or NeverCast and see if the XP system from OpenBlocks can add anything ComputerCraft related, but I don't really see anything that could or would need to be added to that system. Also see my next response for a second point.

The main problem is that so far the amount of blocks added by OpenPeripheral have been minimal. MiscPeripherals' aim was to add a lot of (buggy) blocks into Minecraft, OpenPeripheral's main goal has been to add integration of other mods into ComputerCraft so that these systems can be better controlled and/or monitored.

#866 BakermanLP

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 20 November 2013 - 11:05 AM

View Posttheoriginalbit, on 20 November 2013 - 08:40 AM, said:

I'll talk to Mikee and/or NeverCast and see if the XP system from OpenBlocks can add anything ComputerCraft related, but I don't really see anything that could or would need to be added to that system. Also see my next response for a second point.

The main problem is that so far the amount of blocks added by OpenPeripheral have been minimal. MiscPeripherals' aim was to add a lot of (buggy) blocks into Minecraft, OpenPeripheral's main goal has been to add integration of other mods into ComputerCraft so that these systems can be better controlled and/or monitored.

You are completly right about the buggy thing. That's why I ask you people. That's nothing about a honey pot or anything, but I love your work, your ideas and your programming quality. It is good to hear, that I am not alone with some of my suggestions and wishes.

These problems are now bigger cause of the release of thermal expansion. But for example the turtle charging station doesn't work for a long time. I understand RichardG to take a break, because this is so time consuming.

Keep in mind, that are all only suggestions and it could be in OpenBlocks or in OpenPeripherals. I think most of us use both mods.

Thanks for your answer

Michael (aka BakermanLP)

Edited by BakermanLP, 20 November 2013 - 11:06 AM.

#867 Landstryder

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 11:07 AM

would it be posible to have the glasses periphenal be intergrated with thaum4 osmotic enchanter to be able to enchant any helmit with the ability to act as glasses?

#868 theoriginalbit

• Moderators
  • 7,332 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 20 November 2013 - 05:16 PM

View PostLandstryder, on 20 November 2013 - 11:07 AM, said:

would it be posible to have the glasses periphenal be intergrated with thaum4 osmotic enchanter to be able to enchant any helmit with the ability to act as glasses?
idk what is the osmotic enchanter?

#869 NeverCast

• Members
  • 400 posts
  • LocationChristchurch, New Zealand

Posted 20 November 2013 - 05:27 PM

I think the Osmotic Enchanter is Thaumic Tinkerer

#870 Landstryder

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 09:39 AM

Yes it is from thamic tinker. But it could also be acomplised by adding a craftable item that could be used to apply an 'enchantment' to head armor.

Or make the glasses combine in the crafting table with any armor piece and they would take all the armmor ratting and effects and move them to the glasses

Edited by Landstryder, 21 November 2013 - 09:42 AM.

#871 aristurtle

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 11:14 AM

Hey, I have a question.

I have several Railcraft steam engines hooked up to my computer with wired modems. I can poll their tank statuses and such just fine, but is there any way to turn them on or off with this setup? All the engine code examples that I can find use the Redstone API to do this but that only works on blocks adjacent to the computer and not over wired modems.

#872 miyoyo

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 07:12 AM

Have someone worked on the boxes now?
because i think boxes are getting on top of eachother randomly, so, why not add a layer value?
like layer 0 is background, 1 is text, 2 is something else...
Because having randomly swapped colors sucks :(
(yeah, bad english, sorry)

Edit doens't work but solved
you should update the documentation, i can't found *.setZIndex(*) anywhere.

#873 Lyqyd

Lua Liquidator

• Moderators
  • 8,465 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 09:10 PM

Editing posts works fine. The problem must be on your end.

#874 mrgreaper

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 12:21 AM

love this mod BUT the documentation on the site isnt quite right, spent over an hour trying to get "push" to work
seems its "pushItem" and i STILL cant get it to work :(

i have an applied energetics interface wrapped as mei
above that i have a missile silo which accepts input from pipes etc from where the interface is
the interface has 2 missiles in it
so in lua mode i
mei = peripheral.wrap("me_interface_0") (its connected via lan)
using mei.getStackInSlot(2) i can see that the missile i want is indeed in slot 2
so i do mei.pushItem("top",2,1) which should push 1 item from slot 2 to what ever inventory is at "top"
prints a 0 and nothing happens

what am i doing wrong? is there an up to date wiki?

also is there a way to read/set wireless chickenbones transmitters ?

edit, just tried mei.pushItem("up",2,1) and got silence instead of 0 but nothing moved to the launcher

edit2, admitting defeat for the night neeeeeed zzzzs

Edited by mrgreaper, 25 November 2013 - 12:32 AM.

#875 theoriginalbit

• Moderators
  • 7,332 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 25 November 2013 - 02:00 AM

View PostLandstryder, on 21 November 2013 - 09:39 AM, said:

-snip-
I have no idea if we can do it with Thaumic Tinkerer, but I do know that its not the easiest of tasks to be able to have it combine with other helmets, for now it will stay on its own.

View Postmiyoyo, on 23 November 2013 - 07:12 AM, said:

-snip-
you should update the documentation, i can't found *.setZIndex(*) anywhere.
I'm glad you found your answer. setZIndex is found in the OP.

View Postmrgreaper, on 25 November 2013 - 12:21 AM, said:

love this mod BUT the documentation on the site isnt quite right, spent over an hour trying to get "push" to work
the documentation hasn't been updated for the current version. we will get around to it when we get around to it, currently our minds are set on a MASSIVE rewrite of OpenPeripheral and OpenMods to make them (and other mods we make in the future) better and easier to produce.

I think you're doing that right, let me check it out later when I have more time and get back to you. The "up to date wiki" is actually in-game now, on each of the peripherals you'll find information under getAdvancedMethodsData, this gives you information about all the methods on the peripheral and how to use them.

yes, but it's not done by OpenPeripheral, it is done by WRCBE, so I'm not sure of the methods to do so. Use the following code to discover them.
for k,v in pairs(peripheral.getMethods("left")) do --# replace "left" with the side or name of the WRCBE
  print(k, ' = ', v)
end

#876 Farinhir

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 02:47 AM

Hey Mikemoo.
So I have been talking with Reika about RotaryCraft and suggested he add some hooks so someone could add computer craft calls to an API somewhere. He agreed and has done so, which would allow for computerized control and automation of the CVT. The question is, would you be willing to integrate that functionality into OpenPeripherals? I know it is rude to come out of nowhere and ask something like this, and I apologize for that.

I guess you would have to talk to Reika about the hooks (what they are defined as in his code) if you do choose to add this to openperipherals. Thank you for all the hard work.

Link to the post talking about said hooks.

http://www.minecraft...0#entry26331745

and
http://www.minecraft...0#entry26339689

These changes will be active in his next release of RotaryCraft.

#877 Mikeemoo

• Members
  • 732 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 25 November 2013 - 05:00 AM

Sorry I've been vacant from this thread in ages. The other guys seem to have things under control ;-)

A few changes coming to OpenPeripheral:

It's being split into two mods.

Mod 1:
OpenPeripheral - This is going to be how openperipheral first started. It'll ONLY deal with converting existing blocks into peripherals. This mod can be installed on the server, if you like, without needing it on the client. This will be officially released SOON.

Mod 2:
OpenPeripheral-Addons - This mod is required on the client also, and will have 'everything else'. So, glasses and proxies and whatnot. This will come later, and probably be released in stages as we reimplement different parts.

So, a bit of a backtrack. People who like to stay up-to-date will lose some functionality for a short while. But, good changes. We'll be able to get the core stuff out, quickly and upgraded quickly once 1.7 starts.

Edited by Mikeemoo, 25 November 2013 - 05:00 AM.

#878 mrgreaper

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 09:52 AM

View Posttheoriginalbit, on 25 November 2013 - 02:00 AM, said:

the documentation hasn't been updated for the current version. we will get around to it when we get around to it, currently our minds are set on a MASSIVE rewrite of OpenPeripheral and OpenMods to make them (and other mods we make in the future) better and easier to produce.

I think you're doing that right, let me check it out later when I have more time and get back to you. The "up to date wiki" is actually in-game now, on each of the peripherals you'll find information under getAdvancedMethodsData, this gives you information about all the methods on the peripheral and how to use them.

yes, but it's not done by OpenPeripheral, it is done by WRCBE, so I'm not sure of the methods to do so. Use the following code to discover them.
for k,v in pairs(peripheral.getMethods("left")) do --# replace "left" with the side or name of the WRCBE
  print(k, ' = ', v)
end

getAdvancedMethodsData, outputs a table, if i read that table i get a list of tables....i then exhust my knowledge of tables! this really needs to be in an uptodate documentation, im sorry i know writting wikis is not fun but this is needed a LOT. even if its just a dump of what ever is in each of those tables.
hell a really cool idea for the future, a little help program, help "pushItem" would return all the getAdvancedMethodsData for that etc but i would settle for just being able to read how to use these lol

View PostMikeemoo, on 25 November 2013 - 05:00 AM, said:

Sorry I've been vacant from this thread in ages. The other guys seem to have things under control ;-)

Mod 1:
OpenPeripheral - This is going to be how openperipheral first started. It'll ONLY deal with converting existing blocks into peripherals. This mod can be installed on the server, if you like, without needing it on the client. This will be officially released SOON.

Mod 2:
OpenPeripheral-Addons - This mod is required on the client also, and will have 'everything else'. So, glasses and proxies and whatnot. This will come later, and probably be released in stages as we reimplement different parts.

So, a bit of a backtrack. People who like to stay up-to-date will lose some functionality for a short while. But, good changes. We'll be able to get the core stuff out, quickly and upgraded quickly once 1.7 starts.

so if you use peripheral proxy`s dont update? or will they be in the core part as well, they were the reason i added op, tbh with the lack of documentation im not liking the other stuff....it just doesnt work intuitively enough to not need a wiki(sorry)

#879 Mikeemoo

• Members
  • 732 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 25 November 2013 - 11:50 AM

View Postmrgreaper, on 25 November 2013 - 09:52 AM, said:

View Posttheoriginalbit, on 25 November 2013 - 02:00 AM, said:

print(k, ' = ', v)
end

getAdvancedMethodsData, outputs a table, if i read that table i get a list of tables....i then exhust my knowledge of tables! this really needs to be in an uptodate documentation, im sorry i know writting wikis is not fun but this is needed a LOT. even if its just a dump of what ever is in each of those tables.
hell a really cool idea for the future, a little help program, help "pushItem" would return all the getAdvancedMethodsData for that etc but i would settle for just being able to read how to use these lol

View PostMikeemoo, on 25 November 2013 - 05:00 AM, said:

Mod 1:

Mod 2:

so if you use peripheral proxy`s dont update? or will they be in the core part as well, they were the reason i added op, tbh with the lack of documentation im not liking the other stuff....it just doesnt work intuitively enough to not need a wiki(sorry)

Basic method calls on a block aren't intuitive enough for you? That's fine - go use Misc Peripherals.

Correct. Don't update if you use peripheral proxies.

#880 NeverCast

• Members
  • 400 posts
  • LocationChristchurch, New Zealand

Posted 25 November 2013 - 09:57 PM

From words in the IRC, Foone is working on something for documentation. Although I thought I might tackle it.
@TheOriginalBIT, care to tackle some awesome Lua GUI stuff with me ? :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users