[mc 1.6.x] Openperipheral

1184 replies to this topic

#21 Mikeemoo

• Members
  • 732 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 26 May 2013 - 02:43 PM

View PostTecmagDiams, on 26 May 2013 - 02:33 PM, said:

If only it was for the current Feed The Beast version. This looks drop dead beautiful, and I would use it in a heartbeat if I could. :P/>

View PostMolinko, on 26 May 2013 - 12:31 PM, said:

I love you for this Mikee...
^This. All my this. I love you so much I want to kidnap you and never let you go. *cough* I mean, give you a friendly handshake. Yep, that's what I meant.

It should play fine with the latest FTB - if you just drop it on the server, you shouldn't need to distribute it to the clients.

#22 TecmagDiams

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 02:58 PM

The FTB Ultimate v1.0.1 [For MC 1.4.7]? Hm, I get a crash when attempting to start my server. Don't know if it's important, or what but I s'pose I should attach the crash report, just incase. :3 I really do like the looks of this though, it's amazing.

Spoiler

#23 Mikeemoo

• Members
  • 732 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 26 May 2013 - 03:12 PM

This mod is for Minecraft 1.5.2. It won't work with Minecraft 1.4.7 - sorry!

#24 TecmagDiams

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 03:29 PM

That's what I thought to begin with. :P FTB isn't up to 1.5.2 just yet. :3 Can't wait to get to use this, it was going to be the perfect solution to my lack of Applied Energistics ComputerCraft readings.

#25 Mikeemoo

• Members
  • 732 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 26 May 2013 - 03:30 PM

View PostTecmagDiams, on 26 May 2013 - 03:29 PM, said:

That's what I thought to begin with. :P/> FTB isn't up to 1.5.2 just yet. :3 Can't wait to get to use this, it was going to be the perfect solution to my lack of Applied Energistics ComputerCraft readings.

ah, not officially, no - but there's a 1.5.2 beta :)

(which includes OpenCCSensors!)

#26 hardc0de

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 05:50 PM

Thanks for being awesome :)

#27 Mikeemoo

• Members
  • 732 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 26 May 2013 - 05:55 PM

Just discovered a bug regarding using peripheral/networking cables with this system. It's likely to crash your server!

Need to speak to Cloudy and dan200 to work out where the issue is, so for now please avoid using them with network cables :)

#28 Mikeemoo

• Members
  • 732 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 26 May 2013 - 07:00 PM

Ok, 0.0.7 released.

I've added a workaround to stop peripheral-cabled peripherals crash.

It's quite an ugly temporary fix - hopefully I'll find a nicer way at a later date.

#29 Mikeemoo

• Members
  • 732 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 26 May 2013 - 07:28 PM

Just for fun, showing it off with peripheral cables :)

#30 Molinko

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 08:25 PM

uuuugghhghh i wish my server would update sooon so i can haz it!!! nice vid btw. i love the machine gun updates throughout the day :)

#31 Mikeemoo

• Members
  • 732 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 26 May 2013 - 09:03 PM

added support for railcraft anchors

#32 hardc0de

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 12:52 AM

About nerfing, what about consuming turtle fuel instead of redstone? You could add "cost" in the json to make it possible to have different costs for different peripherals (some are more useful than others).

#33 Lordmau5

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 04:06 AM

I don't know if it's possible, but is there any possibility for the noteblocks to add, that the pitch get's changed to a direct value?

e.g. "NoteBlock.setPitch(20)"

//EDIT: If you could do something with this method, that would be awesome :)
public void setPitch(int note)
{
    this.note = (byte)(note % 25);
    this.onInventoryChanged();
}

#34 Mikeemoo

• Members
  • 732 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 27 May 2013 - 05:41 AM

Great news! http://www.technicpa...-recommended.22

#35 electrodude512

• Members
  • 167 posts
  • LocationEastern USA

Posted 27 May 2013 - 12:18 PM

View PostMikeemoo, on 25 May 2013 - 07:28 PM, said:

It's not better. It's different.

OCS lets you sense things in a wide area - it's much better for managing systems within a base, for example. This is more for more specialized tasks, or just a place to throw things I don't feel belong in OCS.

This mod wont necessarily be limited to just sensing things - there'll be some level of interaction (such as the noteblock!)

Ah, so you can interact with things! In that case, this mod's going on my private whitelist server.

#36 Mikeemoo

• Members
  • 732 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 27 May 2013 - 01:02 PM

This mod seems to be taking off a bit!

Over 7000 installs in the past few hours thanks to it being in a pretty major mod pack.

I've decided to rewrite the core from scratch in a much more flexible way, which'll hopefully allow me to support even more mods and methods.

The next release will be a rewritten release :)

#37 random_lulz

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 08:38 AM

I would like to suggest GregTech support - there are some things in GT that would really be handy if they could be easily monitored such as machine processing times and upgrades.

#38 Jappards

• Validating
  • 116 posts
  • LocationHolland

Posted 29 May 2013 - 01:53 PM

Nice! I would like to suggest making the beacon a peripheral, there should also be a beacon API.
some of the commands would be:
beacon.setBuff(buff,strenght)--would set the buff the beacon would send to players.
beacon.setRange(range)--would send the range in blocks, but the range can`t get further than the maximum of the piramid size.
beacon.toggle(boolean)--would toggle the beacon or set to true(beacon set to on)or false(beacon set to off)
beacon.toggleBeam(boolean)--would toggle the beam of the beacon, wouldn`t be able to be used in the nether.
beacon.toggleBuff(boolean)--would toggle the buff of the beacon
beacon.selectEffect(buff)--would select the buff of the beacon
and i also would like to suggest support to Ars Magica

#39 Mikeemoo

• Members
  • 732 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 29 May 2013 - 03:07 PM

0.1.0 released.

https://dl.dropboxus...heral-0.1.0.jar

LOTS LOTS LOTS of new support. I'll write up full documentation either tonight or tomorrow.

#40 Mikeemoo

• Members
  • 732 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 29 May 2013 - 03:08 PM

View PostJappards, on 29 May 2013 - 01:53 PM, said:

Nice! I would like to suggest making the beacon a peripheral, there should also be a beacon API.
some of the commands would be:
beacon.setBuff(buff,strenght)--would set the buff the beacon would send to players.
beacon.setRange(range)--would send the range in blocks, but the range can`t get further than the maximum of the piramid size.
beacon.toggle(boolean)--would toggle the beacon or set to true(beacon set to on)or false(beacon set to off)
beacon.toggleBeam(boolean)--would toggle the beam of the beacon, wouldn`t be able to be used in the nether.
beacon.toggleBuff(boolean)--would toggle the buff of the beacon
beacon.selectEffect(buff)--would select the buff of the beacon
and i also would like to suggest support to Ars Magica

I'll try patch some of this in as a remote update. Anything I can't do remotely will be added in the next code release.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users