1184 replies to this topic

#81 Wired2coffee

• Members
  • 46 posts
  • LocationThe Coffee Maker

Posted 05 June 2013 - 05:34 PM

Crashed my server.
http://pastebin.com/M8GAw7Km

EDIT: CONTEXT: Imgoodisher made a map program that pulls numbers off OCS's proximity sensor then displays them on the glasses. This was the program: http://pastebin.com/gU70rSeE. It didn't crash the server until there were several pointers on the map.

#82 Mikeemoo

• Members
  • 732 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 06 June 2013 - 04:10 AM

https://dl.dropboxus...heral-0.1.3.jar

Version 0.1.3!

- I've completely rewritten the networking code - reduced the network traffic to about 30% of what it was before
- Improved the stability
- added text.setScale(1.5) (or whatever you want!)
- boxes now have 2 more functions. setColor2, setAlpha2. This is for gradients. Right now gradients are only vertical, horizontal will come later
- if you delete your cached /config/OpenPeripheral_methods.json, you should now get an extra function on the peripheral which is just a shortcut to adding gradients to boxes:
 mybox = p.addGradientBox(0, 0, 100, 100, 0xFF0000, 0.8, 0x00FF00, 0.8, gradientDirection)

addGradientBox and addBox both return the same kind of object, the only difference is that addGradientBox is a shortcut!

I think a bit of a bug still remains regarding switching to new glasses. I'm still looking into it, but I think it's now better.

#83 BigSHinyToys

• Members
  • 1,001 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 05:14 AM

ok so this looks cool but I think I will need change a few thing in my code.
Spoiler

great mod +1

#84 Mikeemoo

• Members
  • 732 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 06 June 2013 - 05:40 AM

Noticed a bug in setColor, it adds a gradient. will do a ninja stealth fix

#85 Mikeemoo

• Members
  • 732 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 06 June 2013 - 05:52 AM

Ok, done a stealth release. Same link/version as before (0.1.3)

box now has getGradient() or setGradient()

the gradient can be one of the following:

0 = no gradient
1 = vertical gradient
2 = horizontal gradient

Changed the gradient box method to:
p.addGradientBox(x, y, width, height, color1, alpha, color2, alpha2, gradient)

#86 Cloudy

Ex-Developer

• Members
  • 2,543 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 06:40 AM

View PostBigSHinyToys, on 06 June 2013 - 05:14 AM, said:

ok so this looks cool but I think I will need change a few thing in my code.
Spoiler

great mod +1

That is awesome looking - reminds me of the Amiga copperbars :P

#87 BigSHinyToys

• Members
  • 1,001 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 06:51 AM

The optimizations you made have made a huge difference in a good way to FPS.

and will there be a setAlpha for text ??

@Cloudy

thanks it was actually caused by a bug but could be done easily deliberately.

#88 Jappards

• Validating
  • 116 posts
  • LocationHolland

Posted 06 June 2013 - 07:55 AM

i would like to suggest some methods:

applied energistics
Spoiler

#89 Mikeemoo

• Members
  • 732 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 06 June 2013 - 08:00 AM

View PostBigSHinyToys, on 06 June 2013 - 06:51 AM, said:

The optimizations you made have made a huge difference in a good way to FPS.

and will there be a setAlpha for text ??

Maybe next version! I'll need to look into it.

#90 Mikeemoo

• Members
  • 732 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 06 June 2013 - 10:06 AM

Added a bit of information to the front page which talks about OpenPeripherals ability to intercept chat commands

#91 Mikeemoo

• Members
  • 732 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 06 June 2013 - 10:53 AM

added setColor method to TE glowstone illuminators

(delete config/OpenPeripheral_methods.json to get a fresh copy)

#92 BigSHinyToys

• Members
  • 1,001 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 11:20 AM

It is too bad this project "ccinput2-remote-control" is not uptodate as it would work perfectly with terminal glasses.

#93 Mikeemoo

• Members
  • 732 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 06 June 2013 - 11:44 AM

Had to do a mini release. Sorry guys

https://dl.dropboxus...heral-0.1.4.jar

Crashes were happening when using cables

#94 Mikeemoo

• Members
  • 732 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 06 June 2013 - 04:18 PM

Tiny bug fix - added 0.1.5.

Sorry about so many releases. It's all seeming nice and stable now, so I'm just making sure any remaining mini-tweaks aren't just left weeks at a time to make it into a new release. I want to get them out asap.

This one fixes a tiny issue with gradients.

I've updated the first post with links back to previous versions in case people require them for their servers.

#95 Devon The Novice

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • LocationUnity University, Unity City, Unity

Posted 06 June 2013 - 04:22 PM

View PostMikeemoo, on 25 May 2013 - 07:30 PM, said:

Also, at the moment I'm very aware that this is overpowered considering it costs nothing! I'll probably add a way for it to sink some resources. It'll probably be something like.. you drop redstone onto the computer and it'll give you a few thousand credits you can use for api calls.
perhaps you could make a card or something that you then have to use on the item before you can use it a a peripheral. (however that might not make sense if you want to make it all server side.

But, I defiantly am going to try this out. just a question, is the mod able to get heat from a reactor chamber, or does the computer have to be touching the reactor block in order to get the heat level. i ask because it cause issues with limiting reactor size.

#96 Lyqyd

Lua Liquidator

• Moderators
  • 8,465 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 04:40 PM

View PostDevon The Novice, on 06 June 2013 - 04:22 PM, said:

Also, at the moment I'm very aware that this is overpowered considering it costs nothing! I'll probably add a way for it to sink some resources. It'll probably be something like.. you drop redstone onto the computer and it'll give you a few thousand credits you can use for api calls.
perhaps you could make a card or something that you then have to use on the item before you can use it a a peripheral. (however that might not make sense if you want to make it all server side.

But, I defiantly am going to try this out. just a question, is the mod able to get heat from a reactor chamber, or does the computer have to be touching the reactor block in order to get the heat level. i ask because it cause issues with limiting reactor size.

You should look into OpenCCSensors! You can get information on your reactor from several blocks away.

#97 Bubba

Use Code Tags!

• Moderators
  • 1,142 posts
  • LocationRHIT

Posted 06 June 2013 - 05:51 PM

If you were to make a cost, I personally would probably prefer it to be a one time thing rather than a continuously renewable one. I've never liked mods that force you to continually collect energy - If I want a dose of real life then I'll walk out my front door ;)

That's just my two cents.

Also, I'm not sure if you saw my suggestion earlier (my apologies if you did). I was wondering if you would be able to add a method to get the screen size for Terminal Glasses, as it's a pain to find it manually. Thanks for this awesome mod!

#98 basdxz

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 06:19 PM

Could we have an addon for StarGates? http://www.minecraft...hp?topic=5594.0 Dialing from a computer would be pretty fun!

#99 Creeper367

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 06:46 PM

View Postbasdxz, on 06 June 2013 - 06:19 PM, said:

Could we have an addon for StarGates? http://www.minecraft...hp?topic=5594.0 Dialing from a computer would be pretty fun!

I just checked out the mod review for it and i thought that was a great idea!

#100 allquan

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 01:03 PM

Hey Mikeemoo what a nice peripheral! I already spend hours of coding some nice programs with it :)
Would it be possible to get the average energy input for buildcraft, raildcraft and te machines? Like for the IC2 and GT ones.

keep the good work :)

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users