[mc 1.6.x] Openperipheral

1184 replies to this topic

#421 Tiin57

Java Lunatic

• Members
  • 1,412 posts
  • LocationIndiana, United States

Posted 29 June 2013 - 07:42 PM

By the way, anyone who's testing the latest commits can right click with a capacitor to spawn a robot on top of them.

#422 GothicMage

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 08:19 PM

Turtles dfntly can't:
Lock their targets(both entity and block type)
Robot would be useless for me unless he can lock his target-entity and kill or interact with target.
Power - Turtles are "plastic" things. They have no protection and unconfigurable(For ex. even if i can set up some sort of player-detection(was going to make police-turtles for server, that would set up bariers, hunt for specific players and etc, but failed hard on their movement speed and ease of their destruction). Ofcourse i would expect highly configurable robots or atlest "creative" == imbalance version.
Power 2 - Turtles were and are able to pass shields, protections, restrictions, destructing any block in a single hit... That's overpowered ability, that caused me to BLOCK TURTLES COMPLETELY for public use.(now they're much about to tolerate restrictions...)
Next...
Turtles are unable to change their view, nor able to indicate their state somehow(even no light-signals)
Turtles are unable detect if they're getting attacked and who's is their foe.
Turtles have no way to use such as gravi-gun, so their inventory and block break/place is much about boxes... nothing cool
Turtles are unable to dance for real :D - srsly, that's just some "instability!" moves.
Turtles are almost free... - no comments
Turtles are hardly programmable w/o their almost "must-have" wireless modems.
If you really want to give them(turtles) some easy work, you'll need to set-up protection and wireless control... Else - anyone just right-click them and abuse your networks and such. They do not tolerate their creator =(, nor even saying "Love ya, father!"). So it would be great if we could limit dem robots, but still let them to interact with computer-interfaces/replacement for(...). Remember turtles ARE computers...
Turtles run out of energy too fast(standart setup) - no comments, but that's inacceptable for robots.
Chunk loading/server reboot makes some annoying actions to be made... Else turtles won't do what you want.
Turtles are easy to set-up, once you have one, you're able to mine a giant hole through any nearly indestructable blocks, and much, much more. And that is not good. Ofcourse, some imbalance Robot-tablet for instant summon for guard-proposes wouldn't hurt too much, but having them as item that can get instant first-time activation would hurt a bit...
Turtles can't chat as player does(using specific name for ex.) and unable to execute commands. (once again, don't want them to BE a computer(and use peripherals the way turtle does) but chat isn't about getting computerized)

.... i'm finished.
By the way... Robot looks great(and your twitch-broadcast aswell...)

#423 Creeper367

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 08:38 PM

View PostMikeemoo, on 29 June 2013 - 07:20 PM, said:

Looking for good suggestions for how to make the robots unique. I don't want them to just be large turtles, I'd like to put a different spin on them.
I dont want them to be large turtles. Then they wouldnt be special and which would i use. A turtle or this. I was thinking about that talking idea (STILL DIDNT MENTION IT :P)

I cant really think of anything else right now that doesnt remind me of a Large Turtle :/

#424 KaoS

Diabolical Coder

• Members
  • 1,510 posts
  • LocationThat dark shadow under your bed...

Posted 30 June 2013 - 12:17 AM

I would advise different sizes because if you implement targeting like GothicMage suggested it will make it much easier for the robot to bring you stuff etc but having an enormous, laser toting monstrosity as your butler isn't appropriate in most situations. You could make a smaller work class bot that could mine (slower than a turtle ofc) and place blocks. Unlike turtles they could equip and use tools as they go and wear them out too

make it modular like a turtle but rather than turtle addons just make them upgrades: Run faster, mine faster, health increase etc and make them super expensive

if they weren't blind like turtles that would be great ofc. The ability to see the first layer of blocks in a cone of vision in front of it would be awesome but not too easy to implement

Direct interface with the code of the robot should require the controller peripheral or some tool to click the robot with but additional devices to just provide input (not code, just info) to the robot would be cool. Something like the spotter type deal of the ICBM mod so you can teach a robot what it should do, then link a spotter to the robot by right-clicking it and click in the direction of your sheep pen. Off runs the robot to shear them all. Robot armies and large battles will ensue. If you could also add input devices that allow the robot to track the player and/or his actions at all times that would be great as well as a tagger so you can tag blocks/entities and label them so the robot can understand things better

EDIT: the more different models of robot you make the better really. Small, fast, flying robots with only 1 inventory space and the inability to attack without a tool (so no range attacks without those goddam OP lasers), robots that can move blocks like endermen but have no inventory. They could move 1 stack of items rather than a block or maybe even move entities. You could get them to carry a chest around, place chest, pick up blocks from ground, place in chest, carry chest away. Diversity would be the best

Edited by KaoS, 30 June 2013 - 12:22 AM.

#425 cyb

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 02:22 AM

There exists an item duplication exploit with MFR planter: Setting items in the filter slot of the MFR planter consumes no items, but you can get real items in the filter slot by calling push() or pushIntoSlot().

#426 Mikeemoo

• Members
  • 732 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 30 June 2013 - 04:59 AM

View Postcyb, on 30 June 2013 - 02:22 AM, said:

There exists an item duplication exploit with MFR planter: Setting items in the filter slot of the MFR planter consumes no items, but you can get real items in the filter slot by calling push() or pushIntoSlot().

Nasty! I'll look into it

#427 Yurij

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 08:36 AM

I have a network with 2 basic computers, an advanced computer, some machines and a chest connected with a proxy.
The problem is that when I start the world one of the basic computers (the first one with id 0) displays the chest as null_0,
but for the other computers it's displays correctly.

The problem is solved temporarily until next startup if I disconnect the chest and connect it again

#428 Twitch0889

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 09:46 AM

I have a question (which maybe a bug? I dunno).

I'm setting up a boiler display which shows the heat and steam in two bars and when calling the getTanks function from the firebox, it is only displaying the current steam value when there is steam in there (I.E. It's not showing 0 steam out of 12800 capacity), which keeps giving me errors in my code.

Am I missing something? or should I not call the get tanks from the firebox, but the actual boiler instead?

#429 Creeper367

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 09:56 AM

View PostKaoS, on 30 June 2013 - 12:17 AM, said:

I would advise different sizes because if you implement targeting like GothicMage suggested it will make it much easier for the robot to bring you stuff etc but having an enormous, laser toting monstrosity as your butler isn't appropriate in most situations. You could make a smaller work class bot that could mine (slower than a turtle ofc) and place blocks. Unlike turtles they could equip and use tools as they go and wear them out too

make it modular like a turtle but rather than turtle addons just make them upgrades: Run faster, mine faster, health increase etc and make them super expensive

if they weren't blind like turtles that would be great ofc. The ability to see the first layer of blocks in a cone of vision in front of it would be awesome but not too easy to implement

Direct interface with the code of the robot should require the controller peripheral or some tool to click the robot with but additional devices to just provide input (not code, just info) to the robot would be cool. Something like the spotter type deal of the ICBM mod so you can teach a robot what it should do, then link a spotter to the robot by right-clicking it and click in the direction of your sheep pen. Off runs the robot to shear them all. Robot armies and large battles will ensue. If you could also add input devices that allow the robot to track the player and/or his actions at all times that would be great as well as a tagger so you can tag blocks/entities and label them so the robot can understand things better

EDIT: the more different models of robot you make the better really. Small, fast, flying robots with only 1 inventory space and the inability to attack without a tool (so no range attacks without those goddam OP lasers), robots that can move blocks like endermen but have no inventory. They could move 1 stack of items rather than a block or maybe even move entities. You could get them to carry a chest around, place chest, pick up blocks from ground, place in chest, carry chest away. Diversity would be the best

I was thinking something along the line of different forms :P
I think different types of robots should be implemented. Maybe they could make the robot "Change" forms. Idk :P

#430 KaoS

Diabolical Coder

• Members
  • 1,510 posts
  • LocationThat dark shadow under your bed...

Posted 30 June 2013 - 10:38 AM

I'm more excited about the different input methods. You could tag all of your bots as one thing so they can identify eachother and teach them to annihilate all other players & robots. Point with a targeter thing and they go break stuff :) you could get multiple players with armies and if you get more robots or program them to be smarter you win

#431 Creeper367

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 11:21 AM

View PostKaoS, on 30 June 2013 - 10:38 AM, said:

I'm more excited about the different input methods. You could tag all of your bots as one thing so they can identify eachother and teach them to annihilate all other players & robots. Point with a targeter thing and they go break stuff :) you could get multiple players with armies and if you get more robots or program them to be smarter you win

:3 Good idea :3

#432 Mikeemoo

• Members
  • 732 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 30 June 2013 - 01:51 PM

Robot pitch is now working real nicely, huge thanks to cybcaoyibo and chicken bones

#433 Meni

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 04:16 PM

What about merge terminal glasses with ic2 armor? Just with a shapeless recipe

#434 electrodude512

• Members
  • 167 posts
  • LocationEastern USA

Posted 30 June 2013 - 09:27 PM

View PostMeni, on 30 June 2013 - 04:16 PM, said:

What about merge terminal glasses with ic2 armor? Just with a shapeless recipe

Or just use modular powersuits.

#435 squ1b3r

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 01:30 AM

Hello. Thanks for your work on this amazing mod. A few things I noticed recently.

OpenPeripheral 0.1.9 crashes with ModularPowerSuit with all latest builds starting from #562.

cpw.mods.fml.common.LoaderException: java.lang.AbstractMethodError
at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.transition(LoadController.java:147)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.initializeMods(Loader.java:692)
at cpw.mods.fml.client.FMLClientHandler.finishMinecraftLoading(FMLClientHandler.java:213)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71384_a(Minecraft.java:448)
at net.minecraft.client.MinecraftAppletImpl.func_71384_a(SourceFile:56)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:733)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:680)
Caused by: java.lang.AbstractMethodError
at net.machinemuse.api.ModuleManager.addModule(ModuleManager.java:39)
at openperipheral.common.integration.mps.MPSModule.init(MPSModule.java:8)
at openperipheral.OpenPeripheral.init(OpenPeripheral.java:154)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLModContainer.handleModStateEvent(FMLModContainer.java:494)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor4.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventHandler.handleEvent(EventHandler.java:74)
at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventHandler.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventHandler.java:45)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatch(EventBus.java:314)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatchQueuedEvents(EventBus.java:296)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:267)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.sendEventToModContainer(LoadController.java:192)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.propogateStateMessage(LoadController.java:172)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventHandler.handleEvent(EventHandler.java:74)
at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventHandler.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventHandler.java:45)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatch(EventBus.java:314)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatchQueuedEvents(EventBus.java:296)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:267)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.distributeStateMessage(LoadController.java:103)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.initializeMods(Loader.java:691)

With builds starting from #547 it either messes up all installed modules or stops the game when you click to head module in Tinker Table. Not sure if problem with ModularPowerSuit or OpenPeripherals

#436 sinful_spartan

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 03:36 AM

--snip--

Realized my Mistake.

#437 Mikeemoo

• Members
  • 732 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 01 July 2013 - 04:08 AM

For those of you having trouble with MPS, it's because MPS upgraded their API.

https://dl.dropboxus...eral-0.1.10.jar

This fixes it. There's no other fixes in this release other than MPS upgrade.
This version WONT work with older versions of MPS, so if 0.1.9 doesnt work for you, try 0.1.10.

#438 sinful_spartan

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 04:44 AM

Quick suggestion, could you add the ability to get the genes to .getBeeInfo()?

#439 ramdor72

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 06:17 AM

View PostMikeemoo, on 01 July 2013 - 04:08 AM, said:

For those of you having trouble with MPS, it's because MPS upgraded their API.

https://dl.dropboxus...eral-0.1.10.jar

This fixes it. There's no other fixes in this release other than MPS upgrade.
This version WONT work with older versions of MPS, so if 0.1.9 doesnt work for you, try 0.1.10.

much appreciated Mike :) cheers !!

#440 Russoul

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:21 PM

Hi ! I am really so excited by the glasses you made , they are awesome . But I have installed powercraft mod and then your glasses stopped working . No errors and crashes when i try to use bridge peripheral it just doesn't show me text abd boxs . Can you deal with it ?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users