[mc 1.6.x] Openperipheral

1184 replies to this topic

#841 Raptor1138

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 08:56 PM

I tried removing all mods but Computercraft and OpenPeripheral. Still no ability to craft thin wire. Thoughts?

#842 Raptor1138

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 09:30 PM

I figured out my problem. We had the wrong build downloaded. I feel stupid now. Sorry for the trouble, and thanks for trying to help me out!

Edited by Raptor1138, 07 November 2013 - 09:30 PM.

#843 piggles

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 04:15 PM

Just found out about this handy little mod while playing FTBUnleased which includes OP version 0.1.9. Now I've tried searching for an answer to this because it seems like a pretty stupid question, but everytime I connect a modem to a new block the device number goes up 1, but how do I reset these numbers because while testing i managed to get up to about glowstone_illuminator_30 and i only have 5 connected. I'd like to get down to use numbers 0-4 again if possible?

#844 LaughingLeader

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 06:06 AM

View Postpiggles, on 08 November 2013 - 04:15 PM, said:

Spoiler
There's a text file in your computer folder (located in your world's save folder) that's called lastid_peripheral. So, in your case, it should be called lastid_glowstone_illuminator. You can set the lastid to be 4 there so your next id will be 5.

Not too convenient, but it'll get the job done.

#845 theoriginalbit

Semi-Professional ComputerCrafter

• Moderators
  • 7,332 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 09 November 2013 - 06:19 AM

View Posthron84, on 07 November 2013 - 06:05 AM, said:

Exactly (letter-by-letter) same as in http://www.computerc...post__p__151696
Hmmm, not too sure. It works fine for everyone else. Can you run the following code and show me the output
term.clear()
term.setCursorPos(1,1)
local tank = peripheral.wrap("right") --# make sure that "right" is the side or name of the tank
local dirs = {"north", "south", "east", "west", "up", "down", "unknown"}
for _,side in pairs(dirs) do
  print(side..": "..tostring(tank.getTankInfo(side)))
end

View PostRaptor1138, on 07 November 2013 - 09:30 PM, said:

I figured out my problem. We had the wrong build downloaded. I feel stupid now. Sorry for the trouble, and thanks for trying to help me out!
I thought you may have had the wrong build, there was an older one where I think there may have been a problem. Its ok, that's what I'm here for.

View Postpiggles, on 08 November 2013 - 04:15 PM, said:

Just found out about this handy little mod while playing FTBUnleased which includes OP version 0.1.9. Now I've tried searching for an answer to this because it seems like a pretty stupid question, but everytime I connect a modem to a new block the device number goes up 1, but how do I reset these numbers because while testing i managed to get up to about glowstone_illuminator_30 and i only have 5 connected. I'd like to get down to use numbers 0-4 again if possible?
As LaughingLeader above stated there is a file, delete it and the numbers will start again. You'll then have to replace, or re-turn on the modems. It doesn't really matter though what id your peripheral has, and if you want to effect all glowstone illuminators connected you can easily do this
for _,name in pairs(peripheral.getNames()) do
  if peripheral.getType(name) == "glowstone_illuminator" then
    -- make your changes here
  end
end
meaning that you can add or remove any more at will without having to edit or even restart your code

#846 JessiahC

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 05:12 PM

I am having similar issues with the steel tanks in OP-0.2.1-preview8, and RC 8.2.0.0
I got a couple tanks hooked up with wired modems:

A couple examples:

tank = peripheral.wrap("rcsteeltankvalvetile_1")
tankdetails = tank.getTankInfo("unknown")
for k,v in pairs(tankdetails) do
  print(k.. "=" ..v)
end
That will return:
1=net.minecraftforge.fluids.FluidTankInfo@30feacb8
(The hex is random each time I run the code)

When I perform:

local side = "top";
local methods = peripheral.getMethods("rcsteeltankvalvetile_1");
print("Methods:")
for i=1, #methods do
  print(i.." = "..methods[i]);
end

It returns:
Methods:
1 = getTankInfo
2 = listMethods
3 = getAdvancedMethodsData

In addition, the code that was provided above:

term.clear()
term.setCursorPos(1,1)
local tank = peripheral.wrap("rcsteeltankvalvetile_1")
local dirs = {"north", "south", "east", "west", "up", "down", "unknown"}
for _,side in pairs(dirs) do
  print(side..": "..tostring(tank.getTankInfo(side)))
end

Returns:
north: table: 7f235d7
south: table: 4dfcf8bc
east: table: 3fda8eae
up: table: 4eeedee71
down: table: 22dara52
unknown: table: 6e4ede88

So then I added:
print(side..":"..tostring(textutils.serialize(tank.getTankInfo(side))))

and it spits out:
north:{[1]="net.minecraftforget.fluids.FluidTankInfo@5b63ce7",}
south:{[1]="net.minecraftforget.fluids.FluidTankInfo@60ff7c18",}
east:{[1]="net.minecraftforget.fluids.FluidTankInfo@3d3072a8",}
west:{[1]="net.minecraftforget.fluids.FluidTankInfo@c2b2fd7",}
up:{[1]="net.minecraftforget.fluids.FluidTankInfo@13ebb52d",}
down:{[1]="net.minecraftforget.fluids.FluidTankInfo@251dd0ad",}
unknown;{[1]="net.minecraftforge.fluids.FluidTankInfo@4a035aa0",}

Any thoughts?

#847 theoriginalbit

• Moderators
  • 7,332 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 09 November 2013 - 09:50 PM

View PostJessiahC, on 09 November 2013 - 05:12 PM, said:

-snip-
Thanks for all the info... One last question... what does
print(type(tankdetails[1]))
output?

#848 Gnomorian

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 08:08 AM

how do i gain acess to the methods for thaumcraft items like alembics, i did a search on it and the only 2 methods that showd where getmethods() and getadvancedmethodsdata(), im not sure how to use getadvancedmethodsdata(), i tried the for loop, just returned 2 tables in random numbrer form, serialize returned an error, on your website the documentation said there are functions there which is odd, i did try it with a vanilla note block, that worked tho.

im using: OpenPeripheral-0.2.1-forge9.11.0.883-snapshot-68
be nice to know what im doing wrong, was gona have the turtles automate the whole distilling process of items off the alembics and stick the warded jars back in the AE system.

also, is it smart enough to know the difference between a warded jar filled with ignis and a warded jar that is half filled while its in an AE system? then it can grab the non filled one and place it by the alembic with the same essentia.

thanks for the help!

#849 theoriginalbit

• Moderators
  • 7,332 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 10 November 2013 - 08:57 AM

View PostGnomorian, on 10 November 2013 - 08:08 AM, said:

im not sure how to use getadvancedmethodsdata()
getAdvancedMethodsData is essentially in-game documentation. All you need to do is loop through the values in that and you'll find information about the method
local tile = peripheral.wrap("some_tile")
local methodData = tile.getAdvancedMethodsData()
for k,v in pairs(methodData) do
  print(v)
end
Note: untested, the v value may actually be a table as well, so just add another loop for that...

on your website the documentation said there are functions there which is odd

The website has not been updated for the 1.6.x release (the one you're using), and is currently still on the 1.5.2 version, as such some methods are not present and/or named differently.

As such you should use
for k,v in pairs(tile) do
  print(k)
end
to see what methods you have available.

Now as for the problem at hand... As of the time of that build Thaumcraft was not updated for Minecraft 1.6.x and as such no integration could be added into OpenPeripheral to support it... A few weeks ago however I did add this support back in and support is in OpenPeripheral again for Thaumcraft 4. You will however need to download the latest build from our Jenkins server as it is not yet made it to a public release. You'll also find a bunch of other integration that we've re-added, as well as a bunch of other features such as multiple users and events to the bridge when a user registered to it join, here (look at pretty much everything from September to now and you'll see all the new features).

be nice to know what im doing wrong, was gona have the turtles automate the whole distilling process of items off the alembics and stick the warded jars back in the AE system.

also, is it smart enough to know the difference between a warded jar filled with ignis and a warded jar that is half filled while its in an AE system?
No support for extra information on items has been done as of yet. They work when placed in the world however, also as a byproduct in the new version it seems that you can get aspect info from nodes as well.

#850 JessiahC

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 09:38 AM

View Posttheoriginalbit, on 09 November 2013 - 09:50 PM, said:

Thanks for all the info... One last question... what does
print(type(tankdetails[1]))
output?

It returns:
string

Edited by JessiahC, 10 November 2013 - 09:44 AM.

#851 Gnomorian

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 10:33 AM

View Posttheoriginalbit, on 10 November 2013 - 08:57 AM, said:

im not sure how to use getadvancedmethodsdata()
getAdvancedMethodsData is essentially in-game documentation. All you need to do is loop through the values in that and you'll find information about the method
local methodData = tile.getAdvancedMethodsData()
for k,v in pairs(methodData) do
  print(v)
end
Note: untested, the v value may actually be a table as well, so just add another loop for that...

on your website the documentation said there are functions there which is odd

The website has not been updated for the 1.6.x release (the one you're using), and is currently still on the 1.5.2 version, as such some methods are not present and/or named differently.

As such you should use
for k,v in pairs(tile) do
  print(k)
end
to see what methods you have available.

Now as for the problem at hand... As of the time of that build Thaumcraft was not updated for Minecraft 1.6.x and as such no integration could be added into OpenPeripheral to support it... A few weeks ago however I did add this support back in and support is in OpenPeripheral again for Thaumcraft 4. You will however need to download the latest build from our Jenkins server as it is not yet made it to a public release. You'll also find a bunch of other integration that we've re-added, as well as a bunch of other features such as multiple users and events to the bridge when a user registered to it join, here (look at pretty much everything from September to now and you'll see all the new features).

also, is it smart enough to know the difference between a warded jar filled with ignis and a warded jar that is half filled while its in an AE system?
No support for extra information on items has been done as of yet. They work when placed in the world however, also as a byproduct in the new version it seems that you can get aspect info from nodes as well.

thanks for the quick and detailed responce :)
ill be sure to grab that new version, pester the guy who puts together the pack

#852 LaughingLeader

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:49 AM

I've been using Rotarycraft a lot lately (mod forum link) and I had the thought that it would be amazing if OpenPeripheral added Rotarycraft support down the road. Rotarycraft has quite a few machines/parts that can fail if they go unmonitored, and it would be perfect to be able to regulate those things with a computer.

For instance, Rotarycraft's Friction Heater uses shaft power to heat, and speed up, a vanilla furnace. As it spins, its temperature increases, which increases the speed of the furnace. The problem is that if you stay at high temperatures too long, the furnace will eventually melt. You can view the temperature of the Friction Heater with the Angular Transducer (RC's multimeter-like tool).

If there was a way to wrap the Friction Heater as a peripheral, I could easily see making the computer monitor the temperature, detect if the temperature is too high, and output a redstone signal to disable a clutch (thus disabling the heater).

Anyways, OpenPeripheral is one of my favorite ComputerCraft mods, and really has become something I'll always have with ComputerCraft. Seeing it add some Rotarycraft support would be awesome, as it's a nice technology mod that's getting better with each update.

#853 TechMasterGeneral

• Members
  • 149 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 11 November 2013 - 04:47 PM

Awesome addition to computercraft! Nice job on OpenBlocks as well!

#854 Thief^

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:32 PM

Is it possible to use openperipheral to get a turtle to call getStackInSlot() on its own inventory?

#855 theoriginalbit

• Moderators
  • 7,332 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 12 November 2013 - 06:52 PM

View PostLaughingLeader, on 11 November 2013 - 03:49 AM, said:

-snip-
I've discussed with some others, and for now, no. We haven't even heard of the mod previously, and if we start including integration for just one person then we're in the wrong mindset. Obviously the final decision is up to Mikee.

View PostThief^, on 12 November 2013 - 12:32 PM, said:

Is it possible to use openperipheral to get a turtle to call getStackInSlot() on its own inventory?
The Turtle is able to interact with its own inventory when the Narcissistic peripheral is attached to it. I'm not sure what version it was added in, if you have a version where its not included then no.

#856 Thief^

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 11:57 AM

View Posttheoriginalbit, on 12 November 2013 - 06:52 PM, said:

View PostLaughingLeader, on 11 November 2013 - 03:49 AM, said:

-snip-
I've discussed with some others, and for now, no. We haven't even heard of the mod previously, and if we start including integration for just one person then we're in the wrong mindset. Obviously the final decision is up to Mikee.

View PostThief^, on 12 November 2013 - 12:32 PM, said:

The Turtle is able to interact with its own inventory when the Narcissistic peripheral is attached to it. I'm not sure what version it was added in, if you have a version where its not included then no.

I'm pretty sure I have the latest version, and it doesn't seem to be included (at least, it's not in NEI)

#857 Marikc0

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 12:31 PM

@JessiahC

This is for Iron Tanks, but I assume it should work for Steel Tanks too. The code is from a program I created. Just replace whatever you need to.

local irontank0 = peripheral.wrap("rcirontankvalvetile_0") -- MFR Bio Fuel
local irontank1 = peripheral.wrap("rcirontankvalvetile_1") -- Honey
local irontank2 = peripheral.wrap("rcirontankvalvetile_2") -- Ethanol
local irontank3 = peripheral.wrap("rcirontankvalvetile_3") -- Oil
local irontank4 = peripheral.wrap("rcirontankvalvetile_4") -- Fuel

function getTank(tankPeriph)

local tableInfo = tankPeriph.getTankInfo("unknown")[1]

local fluidRaw, fluidName, fluidAmount, fluidCapacity, fluidID

fluidRaw = tableInfo.rawName
	fluidName = tableInfo.name
	fluidAmount = tableInfo.amount
	fluidCapacity = tableInfo.capacity
	fluidID = tableInfo.id

return fluidRaw, fluidName, fluidAmount, fluidCapacity, fluidID
end

function dispTanks()

-- TANK 0
		mon2.setCursorPos(rowPos, ironTank0Col)
		mon2.clearLine()
		local fluidRaw, fluidName, fluidAmount, fluidCapacity, fluidID = getTank(irontank0)
		mon2.write("Iron Tank 0 (" .. tostring(fluidName) .. ") : " .. tostring(fluidAmount))

-- TANK 1
		mon2.setCursorPos(rowPos, ironTank1Col)
		mon2.clearLine()
		local fluidRaw, fluidName, fluidAmount, fluidCapacity, fluidID = getTank(irontank1)
		mon2.write("Iron Tank 1 (" .. tostring(fluidName) .. ") : " .. tostring(fluidAmount))

-- TANK 2
		mon2.setCursorPos(rowPos, ironTank2Col)
		mon2.clearLine()
		local fluidRaw, fluidName, fluidAmount, fluidCapacity, fluidID = getTank(irontank2)
		mon2.write("Iron Tank 2 (" .. tostring(fluidName) .. ") : " .. tostring(fluidAmount))

-- TANK 3
		mon2.setCursorPos(rowPos, ironTank3Col)
		mon2.clearLine()
		local fluidRaw, fluidName, fluidAmount, fluidCapacity, fluidID = getTank(irontank3)
		mon2.write("Iron Tank 3 (" .. tostring(fluidName) .. ") : " .. tostring(fluidAmount))

-- TANK 4
		mon2.setCursorPos(rowPos, ironTank4Col)
		mon2.clearLine()
		local fluidRaw, fluidName, fluidAmount, fluidCapacity, fluidID = getTank(irontank4)
		mon2.write("Iron Tank 4 (" .. tostring(fluidName) .. ") : " .. tostring(fluidAmount))

end

#858 Mordraug

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 10:20 AM

Hi guys, for those who're looking for solution on crafting thin wire, I built the lastest version from github, and thin wire crafting works for me.

This version works on 1.6.4 I didn't test it on 1.6.2.

Since it's not stable release, it might contain bugs.

Of course all credits go to Mikee.

http://speedy.sh/NSg...-snapshot-0.jar

#859 theoriginalbit

• Moderators
  • 7,332 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 18 November 2013 - 06:39 PM

View PostThief^, on 15 November 2013 - 11:57 AM, said:

I'm pretty sure I have the latest version, and it doesn't seem to be included (at least, it's not in NEI)
If you have the latest then its there! Recipe is a Duck Antenna on the Turtle iirc.

View PostMordraug, on 18 November 2013 - 10:20 AM, said:

Hi guys, for those who're looking for solution on crafting thin wire, I built the lastest version from github, and thin wire crafting works for me.

This version works on 1.6.4 I didn't test it on 1.6.2.

Since it's not stable release, it might contain bugs.

Of course all credits go to Mikee.

http://speedy.sh/NSg...-snapshot-0.jar
There is no need to do manual builds, we have a Jenkins server for that! Everytime anyone of us from the OpenMods team pushes a commit to GitHub Jenkins will build it. Also it will work on 1.6.2 and 1.6.4, the only difference between those versions is some problems fixed with world gen structure saving, as such Forge made sure mods would work from 1.6.2—>1.6.4 and visa versa.

Edited by theoriginalbit, 18 November 2013 - 06:40 PM.

#860 MarekCraft5

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 04:14 AM

View PostMolinko, on 26 May 2013 - 01:44 PM, said:

View PostMikeemoo, on 26 May 2013 - 12:33 PM, said:

View PostMolinko, on 26 May 2013 - 12:31 PM, said:

I love you for this Mikee...

Ha! Well I was getting worried about the lack of responses. But more like this are good!

I really like the the low maintenance client side.. Also I love ocs, but this fills a nice gap in the types or data we can find in our mc worlds.. Nice mod, nice work!

Great job Mikee!!! The Terminal Glasses remind me of the Google Glass. (Also, the Software on this looks cool.)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users