• LocationIn the TARDIS

Posted 20 April 2012 - 02:37 PM

Sry you have to ask Leo Verto if he can post it here. He is the server host

#22 Cloudy

Ex-Developer

• Members
  • 2,543 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 04:22 PM

Can anyone reproduce this and post code to do it? I have tried in my dev environment and can't seem to reproduce it.

#23 Leo Verto

• Members
  • 620 posts
  • LocationOver there

Posted 30 May 2012 - 04:42 PM

Hmm, somehow, I didn't really notice this happened on my server. :)/>
Of course I can give you the code, but I would need the computer ID, because I can#t search through hundreds of computer folders.

@Wolvan just tell me on hamachi when you have for joining the server.

#24 D3matt

• Members
  • 830 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 07:38 AM

View Postluanub, on 18 April 2012 - 02:11 AM, said:

So this is very similar to an ICMP attack or something like that in real life. You hammer something hard enough it breaks. Not necessarily a bug.

Try pinging a real computer over and over that fast and see what happens.
It should be able to handle it without issue, you wouldn't be able to send pings from a single computer faster than another computer can handle them. More likely, the router (or modem, like ComputerCraft) or NIC will handle it all without even getting to the OS.

#25 Luanub

Lua Nub

• Members
  • 1,135 posts
  • LocationPortland OR

Posted 31 May 2012 - 10:13 AM

View PostD3matt, on 31 May 2012 - 07:38 AM, said:

View Postluanub, on 18 April 2012 - 02:11 AM, said:

So this is very similar to an ICMP attack or something like that in real life. You hammer something hard enough it breaks. Not necessarily a bug.

Try pinging a real computer over and over that fast and see what happens.
It should be able to handle it without issue, you wouldn't be able to send pings from a single computer faster than another computer can handle them. More likely, the router (or modem, like ComputerCraft) or NIC will handle it all without even getting to the OS.

Thats why you normally use multiple computers in those types of attacks, sometimes hundreds depending on what your hitting. :)/>

Even with using multiple computers in CC however I was unable to duplciate this bug.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users