Plastic Alpha [WIP] (OpenPeripheral) - Google Glass in CC!

peripheral utility computer

72 replies to this topic

#1 1lann

• Members
  • 516 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 10 June 2013 - 06:21 PM

Plastic Alpha for OpenPeripheral

by Team Plastic

Forward and the Team:
So basically, I got bored again and was playing on Wired's server which is where I found out about OpenPeripheral. Once I found out about terminal glasses, I basically fell in love with it :P. So the possibilities were endless and I decided to make something like Google Glass for it, and this is what I ended up with. Also, this was made in 3 days after I fell in love with OpenPeripheral.
  • 1lann - Everything else and the framework
  • Lieudusty - IRL weather app prototype
Screenies:
Here are screenies describing the elements on the home screen and what they do and what it looks like in-game.
Posted Image

(In large gui scale, I normally play in normal)

Posted Image

Features so far:
  • Tells the current weather in-game give that you have a sensor with a world card attached to the computer from OpenCCSensors
  • Tells the time, either IRL or in-game. You can switch by doing $$irl or $$ingame (IRL time powered by http://www.worldweatheronline.com)
  • Has a converter to convert distances, data measurements, ect. from the STANDS4 network. See http:///www.convert.net. Example usage: $$convert 1 kg to lb
  • Can be updated within itself ($$update)
  • Runs in a daemon so you can use shell at the same time, and after quitting plastic you can run it again by using $$start. Note that this can be disabled with a nodaemon parameter
  • Has a built in calculator to do maths, all you need is a = at the front. Ex: $$=12*3^2
  • In case of a really laggy server and where Plastic freezes on it's animations run it with the parameter "lite" to make it run without any animation
  • Weather, you can lookup for anywhere by using $$weather for <city> or $$weather for your weather. (Also powered by http://www.worldweatheronline.com)
  • Time and date lookup by doing $$time for <city> (' ' ' http://www.worldweatheronline.com)
  • Change settings within Plastic with $$settings
Why is there a $$ in front of every command? That's because that's how you pass commands from chat to the computer with the glass bridge. Yes, you run those commands in chat.

What does it require?
First off you'll need the mod: OpenPeripheral and optionally OpenCCSensors for weather information.

You'll need in-game: A computer (Advanced or normal) a terminal glass bridge attached to the computer, and optionally a Sensor with a world sensor card from OpenCCSensors for weather information. Plastic will automatically detect your setup.

If you're too lazy to get the mods, then use the Technic launcher with this modpack URL: http://www.technicpa...and-peripherals. This is actually Wired's server's modpack, and includes the server address in the modpack. So if you want to check out Plastic/mess around with terminal glasses on a server, or just hang out, go ahead and visit Wired's server. I'm on there often. (No whitelist and has MiscPeripherals, OpenPeripherals, OpenCCSensors, Immibis' s Peripherals, NEI and more.)

Download! v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v
pastebin get 43nHyKXU plastic
http://pastebin.com/43nHyKXU

Note that this is an Alpha and some things won't work perfectly. Plastic does have crash recovery and will write to /plasticLog. Please report all of the errrors, bugs, and glitches you encounter. Also note that to change the options after you have setup Plastic, you'll have to edit /glassOptions. I will make a way to edit the options within glass in the future. Thanks a ton! :D

Credits:
Surprsingly, GravityScore wasn't involved in this project XD

Thanks a TONNE to Mikeemoo for all of the time and incredible effort he put in to make OpenPeripheral and OpenCCSensors. Of course without him, this wouldn't have been possible.

Also for the people on Wired2Coffee's server for keeping me... entertained when writing it? Also for Wired2Coffee's server for existing else I would have possibly never knew about Terminal Glasses (I don't check the Peripherals section on the forums D:)

The STANDS4 network for their API for the convert function.
http://www.timeapi.org for the IRL time support
Mk352 for trying to flaw it (then me fixing it)... (Yes I know, it's him)

And thanks to all of the people who made Minecraft/ComputerCraft ect.

I think that's it. Thanks for trying out Plastic! (Yes I know, the name is so cheap XD)

#2 Mikeemoo

• Members
  • 732 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 10 June 2013 - 06:43 PM

Looks awesome :)

Adding some methods into the next release that you'll find handy - the ability to get the width of text and stuff like that.

#3 1lann

• Members
  • 516 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 10 June 2013 - 07:09 PM

View PostMikeemoo, on 10 June 2013 - 06:43 PM, said:

Looks awesome :)

Adding some methods into the next release that you'll find handy - the ability to get the width of text and stuff like that.
Thanks and Awesome!

#4 lieudusty

• Members
  • 419 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 09:17 PM

Cool :P

#5 GravityScore

• Members
  • 796 posts
  • LocationLand of Meh

Posted 11 June 2013 - 02:50 AM

Epic job 1lann! Mind if I help? :P

#6 Engineer

• Members
  • 1,378 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 11 June 2013 - 03:02 AM

Awesome!

#7 superaxander

• Members
  • 609 posts
  • LocationHolland

Posted 11 June 2013 - 03:49 AM

Nice implementation of open peripheral nice looking offers some great potential

EDIT: I'd like to help!

#8 Tiin57

Java Lunatic

• Members
  • 1,412 posts
  • LocationIndiana, United States

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:30 AM

This looks excellent. Good job, 1lann.

#9 H4X0RZ

• Members
  • 1,315 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 11 June 2013 - 04:46 PM

I like it very much!

#10 ETHANATOR360

• Members
  • 423 posts
  • Locationyour hardrive

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:18 PM

looks cool!!

Edited by ETHANATOR360, 11 June 2013 - 09:19 PM.

#11 Imque

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:29 AM

Nice, very nice.

#12 TheOddByte

Lazy Coder

• Members
  • 1,607 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 12 June 2013 - 09:13 AM

Looks so awesome!! Gotta get it NOW!

#13 nutcase84

• Members
  • 711 posts
  • LocationIn My Lonely Little Computer Corner

Posted 12 June 2013 - 05:51 PM

Glass is awesome! So is plastic!

#14 wilcomega

• Members
  • 466 posts
  • LocationHolland

Posted 13 June 2013 - 06:34 AM

very cool

#15 theoriginalbit

Semi-Professional ComputerCrafter

• Moderators
  • 7,332 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 14 June 2013 - 07:54 AM

Wow this is truly amazing! Well done!

#16 Zudo

• Members
  • 800 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 15 June 2013 - 12:18 AM

Love it!
P.S: Why "Download v v v v etc." ??

#17 Geforce Fan

• Members
  • 846 posts
  • LocationMissouri, United States, America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Universe 42B, Life Street, Multiverse, 4th Dimension

Posted 15 June 2013 - 12:45 AM

Duude post a tutorial on how to do the colors!

#18 theoriginalbit

Semi-Professional ComputerCrafter

• Moderators
  • 7,332 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 15 June 2013 - 12:51 AM

View PostIcanbreathecode, on 15 June 2013 - 12:45 AM, said:

The colours are a capability of OpenPeripheral not ComputerCraft. The format is in hexadecimal #ffffff (#RRGGBB) where each pair of two is a number 0-255, just like with colouring in HTML.

#19 1lann

• Members
  • 516 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 15 June 2013 - 11:44 AM

View PostZudoHackz, on 15 June 2013 - 12:18 AM, said:

Love it!
P.S: Why "Download v v v v etc." ??
To make it more visible so people don't get lost trying to find it xD

View PostIcanbreathecode, on 15 June 2013 - 12:45 AM, said:

And yes, like theoriginalbit said. However, I do declare the colors into variables to make them more convenient for me. These are the lines of code I use to store the colors:
	    local gColors = {}
	    gColors.red = 0xff3333
	    gColors.blue = 0x7dd2e4
	    gColors.yellow = 0xffff4d
	    gColors.green = 0x4dff4d
	    gColors.gray = 0xe0e0e0
	    gColors.textGray = 0x676767
	    gColors.text = 0x5a5a5a
	    gColors.rain = 0x2e679f

#20 Geforce Fan

• Members
  • 846 posts
  • LocationMissouri, United States, America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Universe 42B, Life Street, Multiverse, 4th Dimension

Posted 15 June 2013 - 01:51 PM

So, since I don't know how to do those kinds of colors, could I use the same colors you use in my own OpenPeripheral programs?

It says you can do what you want with the code inside the code.
Lol, I'm going to make my own "plastic". Better watch out, a competitor will soon be competing! :P

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users