Plastic Alpha [WIP] (OpenPeripheral) - Google Glass in CC!

peripheral utility computer

72 replies to this topic

#21 1lann

• Members
  • 516 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 22 June 2013 - 05:37 PM

Alright, I updated plastic to v0.1 beta.

Changes:
  • Weather, you can lookup for anywhere by using $$weather for <city> or $$weather for your weather.
  • Time and date lookup by doing $$time for <city>
  • Change settings within Plastic with $$settings
  • Lots of tweaks and bug fixes ect.

#22 theoriginalbit

Semi-Professional ComputerCrafter

• Moderators
  • 7,332 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 22 June 2013 - 06:45 PM

View Post1lann, on 10 June 2013 - 06:21 PM, said:

Tells the time, either IRL or in-game. You can switch by doing $$irl or $$ingame
Just curious here, why did you choose `$$irl` and `$$ingame` why not have them similar and do `$$irl` and `$$igl`

#23 1lann

• Members
  • 516 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 22 June 2013 - 10:55 PM

View Posttheoriginalbit, on 22 June 2013 - 06:45 PM, said:

View Post1lann, on 10 June 2013 - 06:21 PM, said:

Tells the time, either IRL or in-game. You can switch by doing $$irl or $$ingame
Just curious here, why did you choose `$$irl` and `$$ingame` why not have them similar and do `$$irl` and `$$igl`
Oh, wasn't aware of igl :P sure I'll do that

#24 theoriginalbit

Semi-Professional ComputerCrafter

• Moderators
  • 7,332 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 22 June 2013 - 11:02 PM

View Post1lann, on 22 June 2013 - 10:55 PM, said:

Well igl isn't a real thing like irl... it just made sense to me to have them similar looking.

#25 jesusthekiller

• Banned
  • 562 posts
  • LocationWrocław, Poland

Posted 24 June 2013 - 01:47 PM

Wondering for some time:
Why something like this is so long? D:

#26 Anon10W1z

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 01:01 PM

Sorry to bump, but how do you input on this?

EDIT: I figured it out. But how do you use the world sensor card?

EDIT2: I figured that out too. For others wondering, I had to use the back side of the computer for the sensor and the left side for the bridge.

#27 PappleFruit

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 02:58 PM

Man, this thing is awesome! Really like it, thanks for making it! :D
However, I think it would be cool, if you could see the time and the weather on the same screen, without having to type in a command to see the weather.

#28 Symmetryc

• Members
  • 434 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 03:36 PM

View Posttheoriginalbit, on 22 June 2013 - 11:02 PM, said:

View Post1lann, on 22 June 2013 - 10:55 PM, said:

Well igl isn't a real thing like irl... it just made sense to me to have them similar looking.
Then maybe $$real and $$game? A bit longer but it also makes a bit more sense. I'm not really sure.

#29 Bloque

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 01:43 AM

Hey, I just tried this out and let me say it was AWESOME. I mean, it completely blew my mind how something like this was possible in Minecraft, it really proves that the game has almost no limits (with mods installed, of course.) However, I was wondering if there would be a way that I could have it give me a message on my HUD when the computer running it gets a redstone signal. Is it possible for me to splice some code in to do that? Thank you.

#30 Kamefrede

• Members
  • 30 posts
  • LocationPortugal,porto

Posted 03 August 2013 - 07:55 AM

My first reaction to this topic: Impossible,then i downloaded the program and runned it and i got stunned, btw on 1.6.2 the terminal glass bridge is called glassesbridge so i had to manually edit it, i dont know if you already know that or not :D

#31 lifewcody

• Members
  • 143 posts
  • Locationstill looking....

Posted 03 August 2013 - 10:37 AM

This is my fav program!!!

#32 Anon10W1z

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 01:41 PM

Hello 1lann,

I accidentally destroyed my ComputerCraft "igl" computer and I had to setup my computer again. I breezed through the setup of the glasses until I got to the weather, where even typing in $$New York results in "Invalid city!"

What site do you use for the weather API?

#33 Kamefrede

• Members
  • 30 posts
  • LocationPortugal,porto

Posted 03 August 2013 - 03:58 PM

I think the world weather api is broken,you should give it a look

#34 Anon10W1z

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 02:21 PM

View PostKamefrede, on 03 August 2013 - 03:58 PM, said:

I think the world weather api is broken,you should give it a look
Well it's fixed now...it was probably down temporarily.

Also 1lann, I have a bug to report...

If the user accidentally removes the world sensor card while Plastic is running, then Plastic says it crashes, and it says this in /plasticLog:

parallel:22: Glass:1044: attempt to index ? (a nil value)

#35 TheDawgMiner

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 03:49 AM

• "Tells the current weather in-game give that you have a sensor with a world card attached to the computer from OpenCCSensor"
please don't take wrong but have you ever seen a "Redneck Weather Station"
its a dark colored rock sittin' out in the open
if its wet it's raining
if it's white it's snowing
if its missin' it was stolen!!

Awesome concept but can't see a pratical use in MC as you can pretty much tell the weather clear to bedrock if your speakers are on except snow but then F3 will tell ya if your in snow type biome and you can pretty much bet it is lol

would love to see what else you can make though it looks awesome!!!

#36 1lann

• Members
  • 516 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 07 August 2013 - 06:33 PM

Oh yes for some reason, I think someone is spamming API requests, or it's just Plastic... Because I've been getting a lot of over quota limit warnings for the API. I'll change it soon so it only needs to update every hour instead of minute.

View PostTheDawgMiner, on 05 August 2013 - 03:49 AM, said:

• "Tells the current weather in-game give that you have a sensor with a world card attached to the computer from OpenCCSensor"
please don't take wrong but have you ever seen a "Redneck Weather Station"
its a dark colored rock sittin' out in the open
if its wet it's raining
if it's white it's snowing
if its missin' it was stolen!!

Awesome concept but can't see a pratical use in MC as you can pretty much tell the weather clear to bedrock if your speakers are on except snow but then F3 will tell ya if your in snow type biome and you can pretty much bet it is lol

would love to see what else you can make though it looks awesome!!!
Well that's why its optional.

#37 kornichen

• Members
  • 220 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 08 August 2013 - 08:10 AM

Hello,

first to say is that I LOVE plastic :D
but Weather is not working so I cut it out of the code so I can use it. And Weather knows Berlin but it does not know any other German city ;(

And I have read something about creating own commands in source code. Please add this because then I can control the light in my house with glass :D

Best Regards,
kornichen

Edit: Weather is now working but I am 500 km away from Berlin and it does not know smaller German cities.

Edit 2: Tip for German people: Replace ä by ae, ü by ue, ö by oe and ß by ss, else it won't find the city and Plastic will crash. (Please fix this bug, but maybe it is not fixable because of ComputerCrafts problems with umlauts. Please fix that dan :D)

#38 1lann

• Members
  • 516 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 15 August 2013 - 03:42 AM

Righthtt sorry for the long wait, I was a bit lazy, I updated it now, the time only updates once every hour (so it can become like 5 minutes off in some cases I suppose... I might change it to 10 minutes if it poses a problem) I didn't test this completely since I can't be bothered to wait for 1 hour. So post any bugs you find :)

Also, VERY IMPORTANT. In plastic you MUST enter the command $$update to update it. And please update it I'm getting lots of over usage emails of the weather/time API.

the make your own app system (root) works now, heres an example app that is to be placed in the folder /plasticApps
--[[Plastic Root App]]--
--NAME: Example App
if cmd == "hello" then
  centerText("Success",secondText)
  return true
end
Note that return true is necessary to tell Plastic that the command was valid

To run Plastic with root just simply run it with the root argument.
plastic root

#39 Matt-J-222

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 06:11 PM

I love this program - it works so well! But i have a question (it may be a really noob-ish question but oh well) i have been looking through your code to try and work out how on earth you get plastic to run in the background and i couldn't find it, if you could give me a quick explanation or a link to one that would be loads of help.

#40 1lann

• Members
  • 516 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 20 August 2013 - 10:25 PM

View PostMatt-J-222, on 20 August 2013 - 06:11 PM, said:

I love this program - it works so well! But i have a question (it may be a really noob-ish question but oh well) i have been looking through your code to try and work out how on earth you get plastic to run in the background and i couldn't find it, if you could give me a quick explanation or a link to one that would be loads of help.
You can take a look like this http://www.computerc...l-parallel-api/
Basically I have plastic run in one parallel, and shell in another
local function runShell()
  shell.run("/rom/programs/shell")
end

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users