• 134 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 05:40 AM

Looks cool and fresh.

#3 LBPHacker

• Members
  • 766 posts
  • LocationBudapest, Hungary

Posted 18 June 2013 - 08:44 AM

I just don't know what to say. Or where to begin what I want to say. Just go mistake by mistake, okay?
  • There is the function called "td" which downloads the files. Only problem: it never gets called.
  • Even if it was called:
    • There is no directory called "/liux/system" yet, and you don't even create it - pastebin will just error out.
    • You said "just run /liux/boot" - well, nothing downloads "/liux/boot".
After taking the effort to download other files I actually could download by reading the installer:
  • logo: Okay, that pink L. Looks like a pintutils image.
  • desktop: God help me...
    • You haven't ever heard about changing terminal sizes, have you? You're used to 51x19, while it's possible to change that. For example I have set it to 80x25. Use term.getSize().
    • You have two "buttons" in the menu; Shutdown and Restart - though both calls os.shutdown...
    • The Restart button doesn't work because it's on the 4th line, not on the 3rd. Shutdown works only because it's on the 3rd line, and there the branch of Restart handles it.
All in all: Sorry, this is not an OS (again), this is (or tends to be) a Graphical Shell. And a non-working one at that. I know it's a developer release, but releasing something for development isn't the same as releasing a pile of code with no meaning at all.

If you want to announce that you're working on an OS, do just that - thought I'm not sure if those type of comments are welcome on this forum, - but don't call it a development release.

I realize I might sound like a complete troll. The question: Why am I so strict about this? Because it's obvious that you didn't take the effort to organize (or even test, for that matter) your code. And that makes most of the people on this forum... grumpy, to put it lightly.

By the way, I'm not as harsh as I may sound - I'm even willing to help. PM me if you think I'm right.

#4 jesusthekiller

• Banned
  • 562 posts
  • LocationWrocław, Poland

Posted 19 June 2013 - 03:59 AM

It looks like... Umm...
Let's hope that it's in heavy Dev...

#5 ComputerCraft_Developer

• New Members
  • 2 posts
  • LocationMINNESOTA

Posted 20 June 2013 - 02:10 PM

Looks really cool!

#6 charli0460

• New Members
  • 1 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 20 July 2013 - 03:53 PM

Looks like the tutorial Desktop from NDFJay.
But nice job.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users