Client for OpenPeripheral's Glasses [0.5.2]

79 replies to this topic

#1 unobtanium

• Members
  • 505 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 07:02 AM

Hello everone,

i recently discovered the awesome OpenPeripheral by OpenMods .
Since then i wanted to make a on screen real time updating, highly userfriendly and easy to configure program for networks.
And this vision turned into a whole client. The "Client for OpenPeripheral's Glasses".

IT'S HOT <3

Posted Image

Features:

- Mouse clicks for interactive and easy configuration
- Show the status of your peripherals (e.g. MFSU, Tanks, Reactor Core and more) on screen
- Multiple objects are preset for example: Box, Progress Bar, Graph (Pillar and Point)
- Individual Arguments can be added for each method
- Change size, colors and transparency of your objects to fit your own screen size and game experience
- Put infinite objects on 99 different and individual sites and call these wireless over chat
- Modular building system with frames
- Create automatic routines, warnings and actions depending on the status of your machines
- Take control over your whole facility simply over your chat system.
- Intelligent positioning on your screen e.g. text allways on top, box allways in the background.
- If you found a bug or your program crashed, tell me about it here in the thread and i will take care of it.

Download & Installation

You are going to need
- one advanced computer
- one Terminal Glasses Bridge
- one Terminal Glasses
- and a network system with the peripherals you want to have informations from

Client for Open Peripheral 0.5.2 Download

Place your computer down and the Terminal Glasses Bridge on the left of it. The modem and peripherals are going on the back.
Rightclick with the Terminal Glasses (the item) in your hands the Terminal Glasses Bridge (the block).
Name/label your computer otherwise your settings and programs wont save!
label set <MyComputerName>

Paste this code into your computer
pastebin get 56HRGddn startup

And start it with
startup

Old version 0.4.4 (not recommended unless the new version doesnt work for you)
pastebin get CJUdEsRW startup

How to use

MAIN MENU
Instead of peripheral i choose the word "unit".
Select from the following options from the main menu:

Site
Place objects on your sites and call these sites over chat.
All objects documented on that site will be shown on your accuall minecraft screen.

Frame
This is the smart way to set up your peripherals.
Instead of creating all objects directly on sites, you can create them on frames.
These frames can then be put on multiple sites.
So if you made a nice HUD/Interface you can add it to all of your sites without re-doing it over and over again.

Objects
You then can add infinite objects to your site/frame by selecting one of the following formats:

Text
Add your own text on the screen.

Box
Add a box with changable size, color and transparent settings.

Number
You want to know how much EU is in your MFSUs?
Call the correct method, set the parameter and it will automatically will show you a nice formated number on your screen.

Bar
You dont like numbers? Maybe a progressbar would be yours then?
Custom size, colors and fadecolor helps to individualize and recognize your bar.
(Maybe add the Text object to it, too?)

Graph (Pillar/Point)
Tired of the standard stuff? You really want to know whats going on in your base?
These graphs with all their settings allow you to monitor the last couple moments of your peripheral.

Tank
Displays a vertical bar with the animated fluid of your choice.

Alarm'n'Action
For your ultimate control you can make automated routines (Alarm) if specific statements are true.
Select the condition and the selected action is going to be performed.
Instead of letting it make automated routines you can call actions per chat manually as well (Chat).
You also can receive rednet messages from other computer and turtles to activate a machine or inform you about it. (Rednet)
You can add multiple "Alarm'n'Actions" for the same kind of happening (e.g. your MFSU is low on energy: send text info on your screeb and also call an other computer over rednet to start creating energy again.)
The possible actions are like these:

Text
Display a simple text with your personal reminder.

Activation
Call another method of a peripheral.

Rednet
Send a rednet broadcast to other ComputerCraft networks.

You manover most of the times with the mouse and left click through the menus.
Here is a little guide line and tips:
Depending on which half of the row (left or right from the center) you clicked text editing will change:
If you click the text itself (right), it will edit the allready set text.
If you click the name of the variable/setting (left), it will clear the set text and lets you write from a clean start.
You can apply by hitting Enter or clicking the left mouse button.
Click arrows left or right to increase/decrease numbers, change colors and transparency, as well as selecting from a table of methods or peripherals.
You can increase the update interval of your peripherals and the on screen update rate in the bottom left of the main menu.

How to select the correct method

Because the system usually requires a number, you only should use a method, which accually does that.
Most of them have a "get" in their name.
(The system sorts all non "number" return values out, unless you click on the "Method" text instead on the "NONE")

Calling over the chat

You can call a site, without being near the computer, by tiping the following text into the chat:
$$site<1-99>
You also can clear your screen by typing in
$$clear
or just
$$
If the care case happens that the system is not updating anymore, use this:
$$sync

MORE SCREENSHOTS

Spoiler

Random information:
All data is saved into a file named "openPeripheralClient".
If you want to you can copy this file to an other computers folder if someone wants to use the same interface.
If the computer is not attached to the same network you might have to set the units and methods again.

Updates
Spoiler

Reddit Post

Please feel free to leave feedback. I will read everything :)
I hope you enjoy this program, even tought it is still in-progress and OpenPeripherals not available for lower Minecraft and FTB versions.
unobtanium

Edited by unobtanium, 09 June 2015 - 09:07 PM.

#2 Mrrraou

• Members
  • 36 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 13 July 2013 - 09:57 AM

Looks good but I get this error :
startup:433: attempt to call nil
So bad...

#3 unobtanium

• Members
  • 505 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 10:39 AM

I am sorry..
Might be fixed tho. New version 0.2.0 available and now includes frames.

#4 Mrrraou

• Members
  • 36 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 13 July 2013 - 11:28 AM

Now it's a another error :(
startup:398: attempt to call nil

Just add parameters for peripheral sides because I have to edit the program for this ^^

#5 unobtanium

• Members
  • 505 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 11:54 AM

On line 390 is a "end" There cant be an error...
Dont know what you are doing, but i made this for MC 1.5.2 and for wired networks. If it hook up a wired modem on the back and connect some blocks like a MFSU, it works completely fine.
Would be cool if you tell me what you did.

#6 Mrrraou

• Members
  • 36 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 13 July 2013 - 01:20 PM

View PostUNOBTANIUM, on 13 July 2013 - 11:54 AM, said:

On line 390 398 is a "end b.clear()"
Dont know what you are doing, but i made this for MC 1.5.2 I have it and for wired networks and this too !. If it hook up a wired modem on the back and connect some blocks like a MFSU, it works completely fine. Me too, but if you don't use the config you give, this doesn't works ! It's works fine now, but I can't have MFSU, IC2 is not updated... Is it or not ?
Would be cool if you tell me what you did. That's works fine now, without problem ! But I can use it for doing what without MFSU ? D:

#7 unobtanium

• Members
  • 505 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 04:03 PM

Do you have the complete error message on 398? Because it looks like that it didnt found the terminal glasses bridge on the left. Not 100% sure.

Right now, you just can use methodes without parameters and which just return a number.
I definitly will go and try to add way to display strings as well as inserting parameters. Give me some time ;D

#8 electrodude512

• Members
  • 167 posts
  • LocationEastern USA

Posted 13 July 2013 - 06:56 PM

View PostUNOBTANIUM, on 13 July 2013 - 07:02 AM, said:

Features:

- Create up to 99 individual sites

Why only 99? The beauty of Lua tables is that expanding them (i.e. >99) is trivial!

I made something like this that was modified off of MikeeMoo's ic2 energy monitor to have multiple bars per graph and be able to do things other than energy like how much liquid in tanks, nuclear reactor temp and uranium left, and mass fabricator progress, scrap level, and uu matter level. Configuration is hardcoded into a big table.
Spoiler
Disclaimer: My base is a work in progress. Those hoppers will be filled by a turtle.

Yours looks prettier but takes up more of the screen. I'll look into using it/borrowing features from your program into mine with credit if redistributed.

#9 unobtanium

• Members
  • 505 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 07:41 AM

I dont see any problem with having 99 sites accually. You still can have infinite objects on every site.
Spoiler

Why does it take more of the screen? Are you talking about the text size? I can add a size variable to it, if you feel like needing it.

Edited by UNOBTANIUM, 26 March 2014 - 06:58 PM.

#10 Tiin57

Java Lunatic

• Members
  • 1,412 posts
  • LocationIndiana, United States

Posted 14 July 2013 - 07:48 AM

By the way, Mrrraou, IC2 Jenkins here

#11 Mrrraou

• Members
  • 36 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 16 July 2013 - 10:25 AM

Oh thanks ! :D

#12 mz2212

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 04:20 AM

Is there any chance you could make this program for the standard computers?

#13 unobtanium

• Members
  • 505 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 10:09 AM

Maybe yes. 1.5.2 version of ftb is out and people are going to get into this pretty soon, so i am going to wrap up some stuff. I will try to get a non advanced version running as well, even tought this doesnt look as fancy ;D

edit 25.02.2014: No, non-advanced version in the future. I am sorry :(

Edited by UNOBTANIUM, 25 February 2014 - 06:42 AM.

#14 mz2212

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 01:19 PM

View PostUNOBTANIUM, on 09 August 2013 - 10:09 AM, said:

Maybe yes. 1.5.2 version of ftb is out and people are going to get into this pretty soon, so i am going to warp up some stuff. I will try to get a non advanced version running as well, even tought this doesnt look as fancy ;D

Thank you!

#15 natenat3p

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 10:20 PM

I am getting this error:
startup:28: attempt to index ? (a nil value)

#16 frostthejack

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 01:06 PM

been looking for a good openperipheral program this looks really good man might have to give it a try

#17 unobtanium

• Members
  • 505 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 05:42 AM

Thanks! If you have a suggestion let me know :D
I might take some time to add the ability to add arguments to the methodes, so that it is even more usable.

#18 mzxs

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 06:40 PM

ok whats with the startup:28: attempt to index?(a nil value)
it happens very often to me

#19 gicon

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 02:24 PM

Not sure if the tanks are suppose to be supported yet? But every time I try to use a method on both quantum tanks & iron tanks (haven't tried steel). I get the following error, startup:275: invalid number of parameters. Expected 1(or 4 depending on method used) and have to delete the openPeripheralClient file to use the program again.

#20 VintageGaming

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:09 PM

That is amazing, bro!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users