Client for OpenPeripheral's Glasses [0.5.2]

79 replies to this topic

#41 unobtanium

• Members
  • 505 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 06:46 AM

I thank you both for your answers and suggestions. Time to spend some time with my little program again :P
Some old version handling is allways a good and doesnt look too complicated so i will give it a try.

edit: The problem is that i have to change how the save file works, because the parameter will take some space. I will see with what i can come up with :S

Edited by UNOBTANIUM, 24 February 2014 - 07:35 AM.

#42 unobtanium

• Members
  • 505 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 08:45 PM

BETA 0.3.0 (12h work)
- improved the writing of variables! Now can be canceled/finished by clicking instead of pressing Enter.
- removed the site and frame selection. It is now at the top of the screen like the objects are.
- changed file saving. Old file saves are getting converted automatically. So no worries by using the new version!
- improved method selection with description, return type and argument amount.
- added arguments selection!! OMG! AMAZING!!! AFTER MONTHS :3
- be happy! new bug: rapidly clicking on buttons may interupt updates for graphs or overall screen updates for your bridge. Added Sync function for that.

Enjoy everybody :)

#43 unobtanium

• Members
  • 505 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 03:57 PM

BETA 0.4.0
- Alarm'n'Action Update: added automatic alarm and manual control over rednet. Call methods, send rednet messages or just show text to remind you. A next level is reached.
- changed picture hoster, because imageshack closes it's free doors...
- improved information in the OP

This is the next step i wanted to do with this client. I hope player will enjoy this feature, because there is a lot of possibilities with it now.
Other then that i consider adding a few more object to select from and then release it. Some finetuning here and there but meh :P

edit: I may create a video for this client soon. It's makes everything much simpler if the user saw it how it works and how to use it :)

Edited by UNOBTANIUM, 25 February 2014 - 09:30 PM.

#44 Csstform

• Members
  • 410 posts
  • LocationU.S.A.

Posted 26 February 2014 - 06:31 AM

Gone for a few months....then cranking out the updates! Thanks!

#45 unobtanium

• Members
  • 505 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 09:18 AM

Haha. I never was completely gone! I read every comment available and checked the demand of the programs.
Finally the first wave of exams are over so i can go ahead working on these some more.
No problem :) Have fun with it :P

#46 apoc123

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 12:45 PM

Awsome job just awsome

#47 unobtanium

• Members
  • 505 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 12:35 AM

Thank you very much :)

Short update on version 0.4.0 to 0.4.1. Just a small fix for all pre version 0.3 user for loading their file.
Also removed old version download links. Nobody needs them anymore!
edit: Also edited the "Feature" and Introduction section with better and more presized information.

Edited by UNOBTANIUM, 28 February 2014 - 12:52 AM.

#48 GrafRotz

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 09:51 PM

Awesome Job, i really love this!
Unfortunately its not working :(
I'm getting the following after some seconds.
"Glass:835: attemt to call nil"
I'm able to klick within the menue, but again, after some seconds, same error!

its the code within "function setZDimension(obj)"

I'm very new, to computercraft an i was able to get temp and steam amount from my boiler to the glasses! *hooray*
All i wanted was a graph like your first screenshot. maybe you can give me a code snippet of it, easily to to give position, actual value....
or just help me to get that thing working :D

My setup looks good, Advanced Computer, Modem, cable between them and the Boiler, Bridge to the left, glasses are working...

#49 unobtanium

• Members
  • 505 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 05:02 PM

Ops, i accually messed up this part as well as the usage of arguments for older versions.
I tested it on FTB Unleashed as well as FTB Monster and both seem to work now.

BETA 0.4.2
- Fixed old version handling.
- Improved non advancedMethodsSupport. Added the possibility to add arguments manually (own risk) so you have to know what you are doing.
- Improved real time drawing. Now allways draws every two seconds even while editing. Therefore added error catches and messages on screen without crashing the program.
- Fixed the case when the program stopped updating. Sync ability now useless and deleted from the main menu, but still available over chat as comment.

#50 GrafRotz

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 09:27 PM

Awesome!
Works great now.
I have only on more wish for future versions.
For larger distances it would be great to use wireless Modems. Is there any change to implement them?

#51 unobtanium

• Members
  • 505 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 01:54 AM

I dont think i can revamp the program like that. It is designed for wired networks and it would be a pain to change that.
So i probably wont do that, i am sorry :S

I will go and add more objects and improve the old ones like the progress bar and auto creation of a box around a graph.

New update anyways allready with a lot new bug fixes i forgot about and found.
BETA 0.4.3
- Improved wireless modem wrapping. Now automatically detects it and sends and receives messages over it.
- Added new Alarm'n'Action. "Rednet" lets you receive rednet messages and perform an action.
- Fixed site and frame selection. You were able to go from -99 to +198 sites. You also were able to add a frame into a frame ("frameception") which create a stack overflow pretty fast :P
- Added error handling for Alarm'n'Action methods.
- Improved on-screen error message. Now only shows one error message at the time. Fix it before any other is shown.
- Fixed Progress Bar. Threw an error because gradient box handling changed.

Edited by UNOBTANIUM, 02 March 2014 - 01:55 AM.

#52 unobtanium

• Members
  • 505 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 07:13 PM

New Update is out. BETA 0.4.4

The next update is going to be a database revamp. This means all previous created objects are going to be remade again.
I misslike this idea but i give me the opportunity to make the screen updating less frequently and more efficently.
I may add a little program which can convert the old databank to the new one like i did in previous versions, but dont quote me on that yet.

#53 unobtanium

• Members
  • 505 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 04:14 PM

It's done. It looks like nothing happend for you (unless bugs appear :( ), but the whole data base received an upgrade.
Everything works the same as before, just here and there some improvements come with it.

Like i more or less promised, i added an automatic converter from all the old databank versions to the new one.
The system now allows for a better handling of the huge array as well as a good start for future internal improvements.

If you would like to see something in this client, let me know about it.
And if your program crashed, let me know about it as well and i will see how to fix it :)

BETA 0.5.0
- Revamped the whole data system. It is now much more coder friendly and lets me adjust everything much faster.
- Added update interval. From a range of 0.5 to 16 seconds you can update your peripherals and screen. Use slower update rates on server!
- Improved the on screen writing and drawing. Flickering is gone (or at least rare). Errors are better visual and readable. Objects are put in a better order on the screen: Text in the front, Box in the back, Everything else in between.
- Improved save file. Old versions should be converted automatically into the new database. Now also saves the updateInterval and selected Site.
- bug: In the Alarm'N'Action menu the on screen updates are just happening if you are writing. Didn't found the fix yet.

Edited by UNOBTANIUM, 06 March 2014 - 04:15 PM.

#54 theoriginalbit

Semi-Professional ComputerCrafter

• Moderators
  • 7,332 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 06 March 2014 - 11:40 PM

View PostUNOBTANIUM, on 06 March 2014 - 04:14 PM, said:

I added an automatic converter from all the old databank versions to the new one.
I'm assuming you store program version in the 'databank' so you know if it needs to be updated or not? or does the program go through and perform the convert each time it boots?

#55 unobtanium

• Members
  • 505 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 12:12 AM

Yes, i let the program store the version of the databank structure in the save file. It's just an once a lifetime update :)

Edited by UNOBTANIUM, 07 March 2014 - 12:12 AM.

#56 Reggie

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 04:02 PM

Whenever I attempt to select a method, they all appear as nil but with the correct description.
Anything i'm doing wrong?

Edited by Reggie, 09 March 2014 - 04:02 PM.

#57 unobtanium

• Members
  • 505 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 07:22 PM

That's strange. Does the program excute the methods correctly/does it get displayed on screen?
I checked and it works fine for me.
Which version of FTB are you using (if you are playing ftb) and which unit/peripheral did you selected?

Edited by UNOBTANIUM, 10 March 2014 - 03:18 AM.

#58 Reggie

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 06:20 PM

I am using open peripherals version 0.3.2 and addons version 0.1.2. I have tried any peripheral from a wide range of mads and they all show nil.

#59 unobtanium

• Members
  • 505 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 11:46 PM

That is weird. Cant reproduce the issue :(
Does someone else have the same problem Reggie descripes?

Edited by UNOBTANIUM, 18 March 2014 - 11:54 PM.

#60 theoriginalbit

Semi-Professional ComputerCrafter

• Moderators
  • 7,332 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 19 March 2014 - 12:01 AM

View PostReggie, on 18 March 2014 - 06:20 PM, said:

I am using open peripherals version 0.3.2 and addons version 0.1.2. I have tried any peripheral from a wide range of mads and they all show nil.
Are the mods supported by OpenPeripheral? Are they beside the computer? are they on a network, and are the modems turn on? When you turn on the modem does chat say the name of the peripheral turned on?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users