CC compatible mod - Redstone In Motion

11 replies to this topic

#1 Pharap

• Members
  • 816 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 14 July 2013 - 01:14 AM

Just thought I'd bring this mod to people's attention since I've noticed people complaining about the lack of RP2 and because it's a CC compatible mod.

http://forums.techni...0-july-7.47048/

Personally I think these are better than RP2 frames because there are more types and you don't have to use any extra energy source to power the motors. They don't fully make up for the other cool stuff RP2 had, but if you find yourself ever missing the RP2 frames, this mod should quench your loss.

#2 nutcase84

• Members
  • 711 posts
  • LocationIn My Lonely Little Computer Corner

Posted 14 July 2013 - 08:08 AM

Finally! Someone did it! :D

#3 Pharap

• Members
  • 816 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 14 July 2013 - 08:35 AM

View Postnutcase84, on 14 July 2013 - 08:08 AM, said:

Finally! Someone did it! :D

The fact even one person didn't know about this Mod makes this thread worthwhile lol

#4 Jake3231

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 12:03 PM

That looks cool!

#5 nutcase84

• Members
  • 711 posts
  • LocationIn My Lonely Little Computer Corner

Posted 15 July 2013 - 12:06 PM

I wonder if you can make airships with this like RP2... :P

#6 Bubba

Use Code Tags!

• Moderators
  • 1,142 posts
  • LocationRHIT

Posted 15 July 2013 - 07:06 PM

Wow, I'm really impressed with this mod and the author! To be honest I've never liked Eloraam for a variety of reasons. I cannot say, however, that RedPower wasn't a very nice mod to have. But this looks far better than RedPower. It even has peripheral integration with CC!

Combine this with MineFactory Reloaded and you essentially have back everything RedPower was w/o all of the stupid features (e.g. bluelectric energy or whatever the solar junk was).

#7 Pharap

• Members
  • 816 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 17 July 2013 - 07:35 AM

View Postnutcase84, on 15 July 2013 - 12:06 PM, said:

I wonder if you can make airships with this like RP2... :P

Tried it already, yes you can, rigging things up takes a bit of time though.
The camouflage technique is better as well, it's impossible to distinguish a disguised frame from a regular block, whereas RP2 frames always had that orange outline.

View PostBubba, on 15 July 2013 - 07:06 PM, said:

Wow, I'm really impressed with this mod and the author! To be honest I've never liked Eloraam for a variety of reasons. I cannot say, however, that RedPower wasn't a very nice mod to have. But this looks far better than RedPower. It even has peripheral integration with CC!

Combine this with MineFactory Reloaded and you essentially have back everything RedPower was w/o all of the stupid features (e.g. bluelectric energy or whatever the solar junk was).

Can't say I have an opinion on Eloraam, the CC forums is about as social as I get as far as minecraft is concerned.
I do however agree that a lot of RP2's features were unnecessary or should have been optional (I have an absolute hate for mods that play with the default world gen, with a few exceptions, like the extra biomes mod).
I do think RP2 logic gates were easier to work with than MFR's box thing, but they did have their bugs.
I remember when I made a 16-bit binary full adder and tried to strap some load/store memory on the end, the world kept crashing because of all the cables I had.
I do like MFR's cables, but I still think RP2's were a tad better in what they could connect to and their variety, but if MFR keeps working on them, they could as good as replace RP2's.

#8 Dlcruz129

What's a Lua?

• Members
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 10:26 AM

Well, now that we have immibis Microblocks, MFR cables and this, I think RP2 is gonna start to disappear. Eloraam just takes way too long to update it.

#9 Pharap

• Members
  • 816 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 17 July 2013 - 11:24 PM

We're still going to need a lot of updates before the desire for RP2 dies completely.
As long as I can name 5 features these new mods don't have that I liked about RP2, I'll end up missing RP2.

#10 immibis

Lua God

• Members
  • 1,033 posts
  • LocationWellington, New Zealand

Posted 19 July 2013 - 12:44 AM

RedLogic > MFR :P

#11 Pharap

• Members
  • 816 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 19 July 2013 - 10:39 PM

I have recently learnt that MFR can split outputs (ie take a 16 bit input and output it as 16 separate redstone outputs), it just does it a lot differently from how RP2 handled it.

View Postimmibis, on 19 July 2013 - 12:44 AM, said:

RedLogic > MFR :P

That one I must agree with, individual logic gates were generally much nicer than MFR's circuit-in-a-box.

#12 Lux

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • LocationArgentina

Posted 29 August 2013 - 10:59 PM

View PostPharap, on 17 July 2013 - 07:35 AM, said:

The camouflage technique is better as well, it's impossible to distinguish a disguised frame from a regular block, whereas RP2 frames always had that orange outline.
I think same that you, with the orange line all know where you put "secret doors". This mod it's very powerful if you know how to use it. That's all...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users