10 replies to this topic

#1 theoriginalbit

Semi-Professional ComputerCrafter

• Moderators
  • 7,332 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 16 August 2013 - 06:12 PM

The Peripheral API is missing a function:

getNames() — this function returns a table of all the sides that have a peripheral present. If the present peripheral is a wired modem any names of the peripherals that is on the network are also added to the table.

I would make the edit myself, but last time I tried to edit the wiki it said something about how I didn't have the appropriate permission or something (even though I've done it before)

— BIT

#2 MysticT

Lua Wizard

• Members
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 06:25 PM

Have you requested edit privilege for the wiki? There's a pinned topic for that.

#3 theoriginalbit

• Moderators
  • 7,332 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 16 August 2013 - 06:55 PM

View PostMysticT, on 16 August 2013 - 06:25 PM, said:

Have you requested edit privilege for the wiki? There's a pinned topic for that.
Yes, I've had edit privilege before, and updated quite a few pages, but for some reason it won't allow me to edit some pages, this one being one of them.

#4 MysticT

Lua Wizard

• Members
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 08:42 PM

View Posttheoriginalbit, on 16 August 2013 - 06:55 PM, said:

Yes, I've had edit privilege before, and updated quite a few pages, but for some reason it won't allow me to edit some pages, this one being one of them.
That's weird... Well, I don't know how the wiki works. AfterLifeLochie will have to answer this :P
Meanwhile, someone that can edit the wiki should do it. There's been a lot of people asking how to do thigs that can be solved with that function or something else related (like wraping wired peripherals). The update to the wiki should help with that.

#5 theoriginalbit

• Moderators
  • 7,332 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 16 August 2013 - 08:47 PM

View PostMysticT, on 16 August 2013 - 08:42 PM, said:

There's been a lot of people asking how to do thigs that can be solved with that function or something else related (like wraping wired peripherals).
Indeed and when I noticed this function while rewriting some CC APIs I immediately thought, "well I'll be damned" knowledge of this would have removed the need for heaps of questions!

#6 AfterLifeLochie

Wiki Oracle

• Moderators
  • 480 posts
  • LocationAfterLifeLochie's "Dungeon", Australia

Posted 17 August 2013 - 01:49 AM

View Posttheoriginalbit, on 16 August 2013 - 06:55 PM, said:

Are you logged into the wiki?

#7 theoriginalbit

• Moderators
  • 7,332 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 17 August 2013 - 04:26 AM

View PostAfterLifeLochie, on 17 August 2013 - 01:49 AM, said:

Are you logged into the wiki?
Yep I am. I'll try again when I get the chance next.

#8 MCGamer20000

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 03:24 PM

Another page needs updated. Main_Page. The Latest Version and ComputerCraft History sections are outdated, and Main_Page is the only page I can't edit.

#9 Engineer

• Members
  • 1,378 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 03 September 2013 - 01:50 PM

View Posttheoriginalbit, on 16 August 2013 - 06:12 PM, said:

The Peripheral API is missing a function:

getNames() — this function returns a table of all the sides that have a peripheral present. If the present peripheral is a wired modem any names of the peripherals that is on the network are also added to the table.

I would make the edit myself, but last time I tried to edit the wiki it said something about how I didn't have the appropriate permission or something (even though I've done it before)

— BIT
Done :)

View Postbunny365, on 01 September 2013 - 03:24 PM, said:

Another page needs updated. Main_Page. The Latest Version and ComputerCraft History sections are outdated, and Main_Page is the only page I can't edit.
We probably cannot edit the main page because.. its the main page? I mean really, if somebody messes up there, the wiki is screwed.

#10 Lyqyd

Lua Liquidator

• Moderators
  • 8,465 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 04:53 PM

I'll see about fixing the Latest Version bit and see if the History thing is what I think it is. If AfterLifeLochie doesn't beat me to it.

#11 AfterLifeLochie

Wiki Oracle

• Moderators
  • 480 posts
  • LocationAfterLifeLochie's "Dungeon", Australia

Posted 05 September 2013 - 03:36 PM

The parts of the Main Page you can edit are templates. View the source of the main page and you'll see links to Template:Version and other templates which allow you to edit the embedded content.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users