Colour Coded Cables [1.5/1.6]

8 replies to this topic

#1 LDShadowLord

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 07:09 PM

Now I don't know about any of you guys, but I would love coloured cables. I usually have very small areas to put cables in and multiple networks to wire in. I don't want to put all these cables one block away from each other, So they aren't touching. I want to fit as many in a small-a space as possible.

So my suggestion is to make cables so they can be coloured, either by using dye directly on the cable or crafting them together with dye. I would love to see this feature as it would make life so much easier.

Thanks, LDShadowLord.

#2 theoriginalbit

Semi-Professional ComputerCrafter

• Moderators
  • 7,332 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 02 September 2013 - 07:29 PM

Yeh I asked about this in the Beta thread when they were being introduced, didn't really get a response... Would be interested to hear what they have to say now that it's released and since had another version...

#3 Zudo

• Members
  • 800 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 03 September 2013 - 02:09 AM

Colour coded cables creating completely compact computer craft creations (say that 10 times fast with cake in your mouth :D)

#4 jay5476

• Members
  • 289 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 03:46 AM

don't mean to hate... why not make a program to sort through the peripherals and divide them into groups(as cables would) and run different things on different groups

#5 theoriginalbit

Semi-Professional ComputerCrafter

• Moderators
  • 7,332 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 03 September 2013 - 04:04 AM

View Postjay5476, on 03 September 2013 - 03:46 AM, said:

don't mean to hate... why not make a program to sort through the peripherals and divide them into groups(as cables would) and run different things on different groups
Because that would then be required on all computers to work effectively, also it would require manual entry of which peripheral goes on which network. Then if a modem is destroyed and replaced it requires updating the info as it now a completely new peripheral... basically it would be much easier to separate the networks at the cables themselves!

#6 wilcomega

• Members
  • 466 posts
  • LocationHolland

Posted 03 September 2013 - 05:30 AM

View PostZudoHackz, on 03 September 2013 - 02:09 AM, said:

Colour coded cables creating completely compact computer craft creations (say that 10 times fast with cake in your mouth :D)
lol,

i like the idea

#7 Sebra

• Members
  • 726 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 08:17 AM

Forge Multiblock API & mod can solve this problem without colors

#8 Xfel

Peripheral Designer

• Members
  • 515 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:45 AM

Or rather they could if the api was used in cc.

#9 YuvonDovah

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 11:50 AM

It's a cool idea, and don't really know why it hasn't implemented in the past.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users