Advanced Nuclear reactor management.

53 replies to this topic

#41 kreezxil

• Members
  • 128 posts
  • LocationBowie, TX

Posted 17 September 2013 - 05:02 PM

You should make videos, it'll really help people that want to learn from others such as yourself.

#42 quinn9009

• Members
  • 31 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:42 AM

Here's a link to a forrum where I posted all about my factories :P, tomorrow I'll give a download link for my survival world with the actual 3x speed HV Solar Array Factory (It makes 1 HV solar every 2.5 minutes) :D

http://www.retributi...factorys/page/1

Is this proof enough I'm great at making super efficient factory's kreezxil?

#43 kreezxil

• Members
  • 128 posts
  • LocationBowie, TX

Posted 18 September 2013 - 01:33 PM

View Postquinn9009, on 18 September 2013 - 11:42 AM, said:

Here's a link to a forrum where I posted all about my factories :P/>/>, tomorrow I'll give a download link for my survival world with the actual 3x speed HV Solar Array Factory (It makes 1 HV solar every 2.5 minutes) :D/>/> http://www.retributi...factorys/page/1 Is this proof enough I'm great at making super efficient factory's kreezxil?

You are not proving anything to me. All I suggested was that you should make videos.

P.S. Are you saying that your handle there is Viktor?

#44 quinn9009

• Members
  • 31 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 19 September 2013 - 08:38 AM

My account name is :P
My Minecraft IGN is quinn9009, but I prefer to be called Victor.

If I'm not proving anything then you haven't downloaded the world and checked it out :(

#45 kreezxil

• Members
  • 128 posts
  • LocationBowie, TX

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:00 PM

What I mean is you don't have anything to prove to me. I believe it that you have done what you have said you have done. I myself and countless others on Youtube enjoy and use Youtube videos to learn how to duplicate what others have done. While you might never be as as popular as Sethbling, Monkeyfarm, The Yogscast crew, Ant Venom or countless others, your videos should you make them will be eventually used by someone to create their own version of said demonstrated items. I have made a few, I have minor viewage at the moment but for the few that have comment through the various methods by which to do so the the feedback has been quite supportive and positive.

That is the only reason I suggested you make videos, not to prove anything to me but to share your knowledge with the rest of the world. The simple matter is not all of us, maybe not many of us have a desire to download a world to test it out. File size is a huge factor in that. For instance in my case I'm allowed 250GiB of data transfer each month before my internet provider charges me an overage fee of $1 per gb exceeding that. So If I were in the habit of downloading other peoples worlds I could easily exceed that cap and be in a world of hurt quite quickly financially. To me a Video is allot better demonstration of ones abilities and a well done video can be paused frequently so I can see and understand the nuances of the contraption, etc, et al.

Another case in point is my world which I have not explored very much, it being an ftb world now occupies 18GiB compressed. How many people would want to download that? Granted your world might be considerably smaller, but not withstanding, I think that my point still stands.

It was in no way meant to be an attack on you or credibility, simply only a suggestion to help benefit all of us int he Minecrafting community.

#46 quinn9009

• Members
  • 31 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 20 September 2013 - 08:06 AM

I understand, just wanted to offer a world download for proof of my skills, also if anyone is interested I could give a world download and or screen shots for my nuke launcher :P, It's fully auto or single fire, and has a range of 370 blocks :D

#47 quinn9009

• Members
  • 31 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 20 September 2013 - 08:27 AM

Also the program you wrote up is good up until this line:

key = getKey("Your command?") - this line has the problem

if key == "1" then - This line is ok as far as I know :P

It runs the program and prints the text, but it says that line is "nil" :( can you please help me?

#48 kreezxil

• Members
  • 128 posts
  • LocationBowie, TX

Posted 20 September 2013 - 11:34 AM

Where is the link to your download world? or rather is world available online so I can edit the program directly, which goes against everything I'm standing for. :(

#49 kreezxil

• Members
  • 128 posts
  • LocationBowie, TX

Posted 20 September 2013 - 12:16 PM

Ok, I've made the changes from the comments. So the program is even more leet than it was before. There is no problem with the program as I have written it for you. I've gone and loaded it into one of my computers and test it as you can see from the following YouTube video. Feel free to play, pause, and rewind the video as much as you need to put in the last few lines of code. I have updated the previous pastebin so it has an update in it but it does not have the changes I made in the video, that is for the benefit of you and others. To help you to learn to do it yourself.

#50 quinn9009

• Members
  • 31 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 20 September 2013 - 05:55 PM

Thanks man :D, I'm going to be offline all weekend :(, but I'm going to test the code and play some tekkit :D, Monday I'll give my survival world download, and I'll give a download link for my nuke launcher world :D :D :D

But for now good bye :P

#51 quinn9009

• Members
  • 31 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:59 PM

Ok here's the world save downloads: http://www.retributi...90689#p48490689 - This is for the Nuke launcher world :D

http://www.mediafire...nd_Survival.zip - this is the link for my Tekkit Classic world with the reactors and the computer :P

When you spawn you will be in a large room inside of a large complex, and you will be facing towards a computer ( the program's name is USA ), I didn't have much time for moving the program to the computer so it doesn't work yet, but feel free to explore the world, and if you find a remote in your inventory labeled Teleport 1, go outside of the room and walk to the center of the giant complex you are in, you should then see four flags, above you then should be a a reinforced glass room, fly into it, from there fly up another opening in the ceiling and up to another room in which there is a alcove. Their should be a block of Obsidian, stand on it, or if on the ceiling stand below it, and right click the remote. You will be teleported to a cave system in which I made my first home/base, but that's just my survival world for you enjoy, and thanks for the program kreezxil :D

Also to play any of these worlds use Tekkit Classic which you can download the launcher for here: http://www.technicpack.net/download

#52 quinn9009

• Members
  • 31 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:49 PM

Sorry for being ignorant and not actually trying to learn anything here :(

I hope you'll all forgive me, and thanks for the help and advice :)

And a special thanks to Kreezil for throwing me a meat bone by correcting my program, and making it useable in a computer :D Thank you :)

#53 quinn9009

• Members
  • 31 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:13 AM

Thank you guys sooooo much, the code actually works :D :D :D

I've updated it to include the other functions :D, but I haven't fully tested it :(
But I will tonight :P

And Thanks again guys for all the help, I couldn't of done it without you guys.

P.S. Monday I'll post a link to the paste bin with the working code so everyone and anyone can use it :D

#54 quinn9009

• Members
  • 31 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 30 September 2013 - 09:40 AM

I've finished the program and customized it further, thanks again for helping guys :)

Here's the pastebin URL: http://pastebin.com/GhNkqNcT

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users