Jump to content




Long Os - [v1.2 Released] Multitasking Multilocalized Windowed Open-source Os

lua computer

76 replies to this topic

Poll: Select feature for the release 1.3 (91 member(s) have cast votes)

Which feature is more important for you?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 theoriginalbit

    Semi-Professional ComputerCrafter

  • Moderators
  • 7,332 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 22 October 2013 - 05:24 AM

View PostGvin, on 22 October 2013 - 05:14 AM, said:

Hmm, why not! LongOS can support any localization that are written using standard english letters and symbols. So if you like to create either en_UK or en_AU localization we will be glad to include it!
I've made some comments on your repo in regards to the localisation file

#22 Gvin

  • Members
  • 44 posts
  • LocationBelarus

Posted 22 October 2013 - 05:52 AM

View Posttheoriginalbit, on 22 October 2013 - 05:24 AM, said:

View PostGvin, on 22 October 2013 - 05:14 AM, said:

Hmm, why not! LongOS can support any localization that are written using standard english letters and symbols. So if you like to create either en_UK or en_AU localization we will be glad to include it!
I've made some comments on your repo in regards to the localisation file

Thanks for your opinion! We will implement some of your suggestions in the v1.2.

#23 theoriginalbit

    Semi-Professional ComputerCrafter

  • Moderators
  • 7,332 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 22 October 2013 - 06:07 AM

View PostGvin, on 22 October 2013 - 05:14 AM, said:

Hmm, why not! LongOS can support any localization that are written using standard english letters and symbols. So if you like to create either en_UK or en_AU localization we will be glad to include it!
en_uk/au done.

#24 Gvin

  • Members
  • 44 posts
  • LocationBelarus

Posted 22 October 2013 - 06:12 AM

View Posttheoriginalbit, on 22 October 2013 - 06:07 AM, said:

View PostGvin, on 22 October 2013 - 05:14 AM, said:

Hmm, why not! LongOS can support any localization that are written using standard english letters and symbols. So if you like to create either en_UK or en_AU localization we will be glad to include it!
en_uk/au done.
Thanks for your work but this is only System localization. For each application there is a separated set of localization files. I will prepare a special file with all this lines for the translation and send it to you in a PM.

#25 theoriginalbit

    Semi-Professional ComputerCrafter

  • Moderators
  • 7,332 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 22 October 2013 - 06:18 AM

View PostGvin, on 22 October 2013 - 06:12 AM, said:

Thanks for your work but this is only System localization. For each application there is a separated set of localization files. I will prepare a special file with all this lines for the translation and send it to you in a PM.
Ahh I didn't realise you had multiple files, I tried quickly searching and that's all I saw, just PM me a link to all your localisation files.

#26 Engineer

  • Members
  • 1,378 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 23 October 2013 - 06:29 AM

I took the liberty to translate it to dutch. There are probably tonnes of place for improvement, but hey, its something:
http://pastebin.com/amsKGCJP

Also, a shorthand for dutch is: "NL" (Nederlands -> Dutch)
Seeing the screenies, this looks like a nice OS :)

Edit: And thank theoriginalbit for getting me to do this, didnt even know that this could be translated :P

#27 TableCraft0R

  • Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:07 AM

LongOS PH Locale File.

#28 Gvin

  • Members
  • 44 posts
  • LocationBelarus

Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:34 AM

View PostTableCraft0R, on 23 October 2013 - 08:07 AM, said:


Thaks for your work but you have translated only the system's localization. Every application in the LongOS has it's own localization folder.
For everyone who would like to translate LongOS:
Here is the full localization file. Translate it and PM me/comment this topic.

#29 TableCraft0R

  • Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 09:14 AM

View PostGvin, on 23 October 2013 - 08:34 AM, said:


View PostTableCraft0R, on 23 October 2013 - 08:07 AM, said:


Thaks for your work but you have translated only the system's localization. Every application in the LongOS has it's own localization folder.
For everyone who would like to translate LongOS:
Here is the full localization file. Translate it and PM me/comment this topic.
Here is the full translated localization file.

#30 Gvin

  • Members
  • 44 posts
  • LocationBelarus

Posted 23 October 2013 - 09:42 AM

View PostEngineer, on 23 October 2013 - 06:29 AM, said:

I took the liberty to translate it to dutch. There are probably tonnes of place for improvement, but hey, its something:
http://pastebin.com/amsKGCJP

Also, a shorthand for dutch is: "NL" (Nederlands -> Dutch)
Seeing the screenies, this looks like a nice OS :)

Edit: And thank theoriginalbit for getting me to do this, didnt even know that this could be translated :P

Thanks for your work! Dutch NL localization will be included in LongOS v1.2. You can allready check it in the GitHub repository.

#31 TableCraft0R

  • Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 07:12 AM

SUGGESTION - App Store?

#32 Gvin

  • Members
  • 44 posts
  • LocationBelarus

Posted 24 October 2013 - 07:27 AM

View PostTableCraft0R, on 24 October 2013 - 07:12 AM, said:

SUGGESTION - App Store?

Currently there are very small amount of applications for the LongOS.
The OS supports native programs too but you can get them from the author's pastebin or something like that.

Your suggestion is really good and maybe when we will have more applications to add to the App Store we will create it.
Thanks for your suggestion and localization!

#33 TableCraft0R

  • Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:10 AM

Time to learn the API!

#34 Gvin

  • Members
  • 44 posts
  • LocationBelarus

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:18 AM

View PostTableCraft0R, on 24 October 2013 - 08:10 AM, said:

Time to learn the API!

You can read the programming guide if you want to create applications for the LongOS. Maybe we will create some sort of IDE with windows designer but for now you have to design them in your code. See the basic applications for examples.

#35 TableCraft0R

  • Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:21 AM

The /rom/programs/secret/alongtimeago program smoothness reduced to 75% when im on this os. I hope the next version will optimize the speed.

#36 Gvin

  • Members
  • 44 posts
  • LocationBelarus

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:42 AM

View PostTableCraft0R, on 24 October 2013 - 09:21 AM, said:

The /rom/programs/secret/alongtimeago program smoothness reduced to 75% when im on this os. I hope the next version will optimize the speed.

We are working on it. Maybe we'll find how to improve the speed in terminal emulator. You can review our code if you like - maybe you will be able to find a solution.
And a small question: how did you calculate the "smoothness reduce"? :)

#37 TableCraft0R

  • Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:47 AM

View PostGvin, on 24 October 2013 - 09:42 AM, said:

View PostTableCraft0R, on 24 October 2013 - 09:21 AM, said:

The /rom/programs/secret/alongtimeago program smoothness reduced to 75% when im on this os. I hope the next version will optimize the speed.

We are working on it. Maybe we'll find how to improve the speed in terminal emulator. You can review our code if you like - maybe you will be able to find a solution.
And a small question: how did you calculate the "smoothness reduce"? :)
sorry for the late reply, because minecraft is really addictive!

Just computed with bare eyes.

#38 TableCraft0R

  • Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:33 AM

Test creating threads per function. that might improve speeds up to 70%

I tried it. 7% Speed improvement. Code Edited. Keeps crashing. Says "java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException"


7% SPEED IMPROVEMENT CODE. EDIT <install dir>/LongOS/Long
Spoiler


#39 Gvin

  • Members
  • 44 posts
  • LocationBelarus

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:51 AM

View PostTableCraft0R, on 24 October 2013 - 10:33 AM, said:

Test creating threads per function. that might improve speeds up to 70%

I tried it. 7% Speed improvement. Code Edited. Keeps crashing. Says "java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException"


7% SPEED IMPROVEMENT CODE. EDIT <install dir>/LongOS/Long

Crash: Index out of bounds. Thats because you recursively call functions "fa" and "fb".

#40 nolongerexistant

  • Validating
  • 201 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 24 October 2013 - 11:15 AM

View PostEngineer, on 23 October 2013 - 06:29 AM, said:

I took the liberty to translate it to dutch. There are probably tonnes of place for improvement, but hey, its something:
http://pastebin.com/amsKGCJP

Also, a shorthand for dutch is: "NL" (Nederlands -> Dutch)
Seeing the screenies, this looks like a nice OS :)

Edit: And thank theoriginalbit for getting me to do this, didnt even know that this could be translated :P

I modified yours a little, some things were inconsistent; like 'folder' and 'map'. And some of the language was kinda Google Translate dutch. :)

http://pastebin.com/q90VfHPG





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users