Remote Turtle - Remote Control Program

utility turtle computer

5 replies to this topic

#1 daman4567

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 10:45 AM

You wanted a program to control a turtle remotely? Good! You wanted it to be updated frequently and promptly? Excellent! You wanted to be able to do more than just mircomanage your turtle's actions? Great!

This is a remote controlled turtle program client and server pair that I drew up for building quickly where I'm too lazy to. Its features are currently limited, but I will be adding many in the coming days, so keep watching!

Current features
Spoiler

Features in progress (will be added with approx. 24 hours(if minor feature, if major feature the status will be updated here as frequently as I can))
Spoiler

Planned features
Spoiler

Tentative features (may or may not be added, tell me what you think about these!)
Spoiler

New pastebin links, I reposted them from my own pastebin account so I could have easier access and so that the address would stay the same.
Spoiler

Or...
Spoiler

ATTENTIONS: The server and client do not refer to minecraft server or client, but instead to two parts of the Remote Turtle program. You need both parts to run this. The client program HAS to be on a turtle (must have a wireless modem) and the server can be on any

There are three types of updates: Server, Client, or both. If an update only affects the server then you only need to download the server again. If you find a bug on a half-update, first double check and re-download both server and client before posting the bug.

Changelog
Spoiler

Please feel free to post suggestions or bugs below, I'll get to them as soon as possible. If it does not work at all, post please. (today I realized that you can only put modem on top and I forgot to say that, but now it is fixed)

Default keymap:
z and x: left and right
q and a: up and down
w and s: forward and back
n and m: increase and decrease selected inventory slot number
r: refuel 1 unit from selected slot
j and k: break and place, respectively
l: locate using GPS (must have gps servers set up)
~ (tilde key, above tab): quits program on both server and client

I encourage that you post keymaps that work well for you.

#2 willwac

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:00 PM

Wow, that's a good idea!
I'll check it out in a bit.

#3 gollark8

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 09:22 AM

It doesn't work...I can't type commands.

#4 daman4567

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 03:48 PM

Sorry, I haven't yet implemented changing the keymap, it's set to a default, I'll put it in the OP.

#5 daman4567

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 01:10 PM

View Postwillwac (NewCoolPC), on 13 September 2013 - 06:00 PM, said:

Wow, that's a good idea! I'll check it out in a bit.
Thanks! be sure to look at the above mentioned forum post, as it has the current keymapping, I'm working on implementing keymap configuration now, though.

#6 daman4567

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 11:03 AM

I have made a lot of small fixes in the last few days, if you downloaded it and had trouble, it should be easier now :3

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users