[1.55/1.56][Ssp]Zip Files

11 replies to this topic

#1 Pecacheu

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 14 September 2013 - 06:38 PM

Before CC 1.55: Unzipping the CC folder in the mods directory worked.
During/After CC 1.55: The CC folder MUST remain zipped or CC computers can't find the /rom directory. (The mod works fine, but computers can't find the directory, so they can't start.)

I have to unzip the folder every time I need to modify the /rom folder.
Don't think I should be modifying the Read Only Memory? WELL THEN YOU ARE WRONG!
What else can I use to store my apis and programs that all my computers need to have the minute they are placed?

You have got to fix this bug ASAP! ComputerCraft is almost unusable!

#2 AfterLifeLochie

Wiki Oracle

• Moderators
  • 480 posts
  • LocationAfterLifeLochie's "Dungeon", Australia

Posted 14 September 2013 - 06:44 PM

You must keep ComputerCraft zipped as ComputerCraft uses the resource-mounting system in Minecraft to load the BIOS - which runs on zip-files. This isn't a bug, just re-zip the files back up or use something like 7-zip to add the files to the zip.

Yelling in bug reports is also not advised.

#3 Cloudy

Ex-Developer

• Members
  • 2,543 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 06:47 PM

We added resource pack support. lrn2readchangelogs.

#4 Pecacheu

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 14 September 2013 - 06:49 PM

How am I to edit it then? 7-zip doesn't let you, it only lets you place and delete files, and zip and unzip. You can't say open a text document directly from within a zip file, then save it back to the zip. Can you maybe put the rom in a different file?

#5 Cloudy

Ex-Developer

• Members
  • 2,543 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 07:47 PM

Yes, but not the bios. Read the documentation. Create a resource pack for the folder with the file layout you want.

#6 electrodude512

• Members
  • 167 posts
  • LocationEastern USA

Posted 14 September 2013 - 07:59 PM

Can't you have both a .minecraft/mods/ComputerCraft.zip and a .minecraft/mods/ComputerCraft/lua/rom/blahblahblah? Was this feature removed as of 1.55?

#7 Pecacheu

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 14 September 2013 - 08:09 PM

View Postelectrodude512, on 14 September 2013 - 07:59 PM, said:

Can't you have both a .minecraft/mods/ComputerCraft.zip and a .minecraft/mods/ComputerCraft/lua/rom/blahblahblah? Was this feature removed as of 1.55?
Just tried that, it didn't work.

#8 Cranium

Ninja Scripter

• Moderators
  • 4,031 posts
  • LocationLincoln, Nebraska

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:35 AM

Since you can't RTFM, here's a link for you. http://www.computerc...resource-packs/
You need to create and install a resource pack, and from there, you can edit the files you want.

#9 recneps1337

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 11:49 PM

i dont mean to make anyone angry but im getting an error that says "error mounting lua/rom" "check you have installed computercraft" mc version 1.6.2, cc version 1.56. im just wondering how to fix it. possable but unlikly problem is instead of %username%/appdata/.minecraft/mods i have a seperate instance in %username%/desktop/miscfolder/!my1.6instance/mods.

Im by no means an advanced programmer i just want to be able to control my engines and tell a turtle to fly and minediamond over lava. nothin fancy.

#10 AfterLifeLochie

Wiki Oracle

• Moderators
  • 480 posts
  • LocationAfterLifeLochie's "Dungeon", Australia

Posted 21 September 2013 - 06:37 PM

View Postrecneps1337, on 20 September 2013 - 11:49 PM, said:

i dont mean to make anyone angry but im getting an error that says "error mounting lua/rom" "check you have installed computercraft" mc version 1.6.2, cc version 1.56. im just wondering how to fix it. possable but unlikly problem is instead of %username%/appdata/.minecraft/mods i have a seperate instance in %username%/desktop/miscfolder/!my1.6instance/mods.

Im by no means an advanced programmer i just want to be able to control my engines and tell a turtle to fly and minediamond over lava. nothin fancy.

In that path, did you unzip ComputerCraft.jar? If not, try removing the '!' from the path - Java uses this as a path modifier iirc.

#11 recneps1337

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 07:17 PM

thank you removed the "!" and it started working. the ! was only there to make the file appear first in the list

#12 dragongamer112

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 08:46 PM

I'm sure this isn't truly needed, but you can edit text files in 7-zip. I do it a lot, using both window's text editor and Notepad++.7-zip even prompts to allow the update on the edited file to be saved.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users