• 639 posts
  • LocationWhere you'd least expect it.

Posted 06 October 2013 - 02:34 PM

View PostPixelToast, on 06 October 2013 - 12:15 PM, said:

View Postjay5476, on 03 October 2013 - 07:10 PM, said:

lol I have the perfect thing to mess with people :)/>
tip for security:
Spoiler
Edit: are you going to go through with this? , if so when do you plan to get up and running
ive been playing terraria lately .-. probably will get it running next week

View PostHithere__, on 05 October 2013 - 02:41 PM, said:

I've always wanted to DDoS people's rednet servers, hack their computers, troll them, and make their door locks open to anything *BUT* their password
rednet spam = ban <3

As I said somewhere else, Terraria 1.2 FTW!

Anyway, I'd just sandbox the peripheral API so you COULDN'T spam rednet if you wanted to. If they figured out how to get PAST your sandbox, they should be REWARDED. :3

#42 PixelToast

• Signature Abuser
  • 2,265 posts
  • Location3232235883

Posted 06 October 2013 - 03:40 PM

nah, but there will be a AMI sandbox, it will have a bunch of safe functions and the chat event will be resricted so it wont show / commands (exept /me)

#43 H4X0RZ

• Members
  • 1,315 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 October 2013 - 04:03 PM

Could I be an administrator?

#44 ElvishJerricco

• Members
  • 803 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:23 PM

There needs to be a warfare game element. Like maybe every once in a while there's an event where people pick sides and make two or more teams. Each team is given 5 256bit hashes, and they're meant to keep them safe on computers, while still making them retrievable somehow. No use of passwords without making that password somehow discoverable. It is the goal of every team to acquire as many of these hashes as possible. Something like that... Maybe some extra rules to make it harder to protect them, and require involvement of networking.

#45 Wojbie

• Members
  • 631 posts
  • LocationKinda lost

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:45 AM

View PostPixelToast, on 06 October 2013 - 03:40 PM, said:

nah, but there will be a AMI sandbox, it will have a bunch of safe functions and the chat event will be resricted so it wont show / commands (exept /me)

Hmm.. what is AMI sandbox? :)

#46 PixelToast

• Signature Abuser
  • 2,265 posts
  • Location3232235883

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:14 AM

View PostElvishJerricco, on 06 October 2013 - 07:23 PM, said:

There needs to be a warfare game element. Like maybe every once in a while there's an event where people pick sides and make two or more teams. Each team is given 5 256bit hashes, and they're meant to keep them safe on computers, while still making them retrievable somehow. No use of passwords without making that password somehow discoverable. It is the goal of every team to acquire as many of these hashes as possible. Something like that... Maybe some extra rules to make it harder to protect them, and require involvement of networking.
sounds interesting
each team should have multiple disks
how about making each team go to a specific "checkpoint" every 30 minutes or so, allowing for some pvp and stealing disks
if they dont go to the checkpoint within a certain amount of time the disks will become invalid and can no longer be turned in for a reward at the end

View Postwojbie, on 07 October 2013 - 12:45 AM, said:

Hmm.. what is AMI sandbox? :)
adventure map interfaces from immibis'sssss peripherals, they are really powerful

#47 theoriginalbit

Semi-Professional ComputerCrafter

• Moderators
  • 7,332 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:54 AM

View PostPixelToast, on 07 October 2013 - 01:14 AM, said:

View PostElvishJerricco, on 06 October 2013 - 07:23 PM, said:

sounds interesting
each team should have multiple disks
how about making each team go to a specific "checkpoint" every 30 minutes or so, allowing for some pvp and stealing disks
if they dont go to the checkpoint within a certain amount of time the disks will become invalid and can no longer be turned in for a reward at the end
Sounds a lot like a CTF. I like the sound of it.

Also, I've got some great ideas of my setup for this server, when is it happening?

#48 GalaxyTom

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 02:05 PM

I had in very far time same idea but ... more "futurical" ... something like: "Flying drones, programed soldiers , people living under ground on secret locations that can be found only by compuercraft rdnet ( or not ) .... may somewhere will be big "center" computer (with plugin) and everybody who will want a connection will must build a net of modems and secure it from other "teams" )"
(Or matrix-like)

Ahh , My dream .. :)

Good , idea. Hope its not freezed :)

Edited by GalaxyTom, 31 January 2014 - 02:07 PM.

#49 bjornir90

• Members
  • 378 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 03 February 2014 - 10:58 AM

It's really a good idea, but you'll have to fix some goals so people are forced to send data over rednet or something. Otherwise it would be boring...

#50 TechMasterGeneral

• Members
  • 149 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 03 February 2014 - 12:34 PM

This seems like something really cool... as being into the IT security and doing a few real world competitions... I would love to work/play on this...
as for the people downing the idea... it could be fairly easy to siphon data sent over modem channels and not rednet... just a simple script...

#51 chrdov

• Members
  • 86 posts
  • Locationchrdov's Domain, Cyberspace

Posted 14 February 2014 - 01:34 PM

As answer to poll, I would say 1.6, because:
First of all as I know, multimc 5, supporting 1.6, has been released already.
second of all, there is, as I believe, a miscperipherals version for mc 1.6 and computercraft 1.55 and later.
third of all, all the mods In the list, as I believe, have been updated to support 1.6.
If I am wrong, you can delete whichever mods DON'T support 1.6 AFTER YOU TEST THEM!

#52 D3matt

• Members
  • 830 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 12:32 PM

So, is this still a thing, or...?

#53 gollark8

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 12:34 PM

I could possibly host a CC/OpenP server for this.

Edited by gollark8, 15 February 2014 - 12:34 PM.

#54 D3matt

• Members
  • 830 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 12:57 PM

I could host it if there's still interest and nobody else (PixelToast!) was planning to.

#55 Alice

• Members
  • 429 posts
  • LocationBehind you.

Posted 15 February 2014 - 02:38 PM

It's still a thing. Not sure if PixelToast wants the IP posted, however.

#56 PixelToast

• Signature Abuser
  • 2,265 posts
  • Location3232235883

Posted 15 February 2014 - 09:05 PM

Death, you be misleading, its not up anymore
the project isnt exactly dead though, its been mostly deleyed by my computer breakng and me messing around with OC
i can still host a server, if anyone knows how to use linux PM me ;3

#57 Alice

• Members
  • 429 posts
  • LocationBehind you.

Posted 16 February 2014 - 02:22 AM

*anymore* - which is probably after I left. Sorry about that :3

#58 Symmetryc

• Members
  • 434 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 02:36 PM

View PostPixelToast, on 15 February 2014 - 09:05 PM, said:

Death, you be misleading, its not up anymore
the project isnt exactly dead though, its been mostly deleyed by my computer breakng and me messing around with OC
i can still host a server, if anyone knows how to use linux PM me ;3
If you don't mind me asking, how can one gain access? Is it on an invite only basis?

#59 Alice

• Members
  • 429 posts
  • LocationBehind you.

Posted 17 February 2014 - 12:35 AM

#pixel

#60 Symmetryc

• Members
  • 434 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 11:57 AM

View PostDeath, on 17 February 2014 - 12:35 AM, said:

#pixel