Jump to content




Flowos (Open Source) - 13.9.27Dp


77 replies to this topic

Poll: FlowOS Redux Poll (95 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you use a improved version of FlowOS?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Would you use a multi-user feature?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 nutcase84

  • Members
  • 711 posts
  • LocationIn My Lonely Little Computer Corner

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:18 AM

Posted Image


FlowOS is here!


pastebin get ZsyCFtWr


Now Open Source! Edit/Modify it as you wish! Post your own versions!


FlowOS is a new OS built for you, and the community.

It's currently a Developer Preview, as it lacks a lot of features.

The UI is not final, just a new version from Nut OS.

FlowOS is not a multitasking OS, and does not have windows. Only full screen apps. Super simple, for the best user experience.


Story

Spoiler


Screenshots

Spoiler


Downloads

Spoiler


Changelog

Spoiler


Helpers

Spoiler

Press the green button!


Edited by nutcase84, 27 February 2015 - 05:42 PM.


#2 Zudo

  • Members
  • 800 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:30 AM

:) Nice. But I thought it was to be released at cc-con?

#3 Zudo

  • Members
  • 800 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:34 AM

if not term.isColor then
print("FireOS requires a advanced computer.")
error()
end

You are checking to see if term.isColor is equal to false. It is true, so the program carries on. And crashes.

#4 Goof

  • Members
  • 751 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 01:15 PM

 ZudoHackz, on 26 September 2013 - 11:34 AM, said:

if not term.isColor then
print("FireOS requires a advanced computer.")
error()
end

You are checking to see if term.isColor is equal to false. It is true, so the program carries on. And crashes.

term.isColor() -- parantheses

#5 theoriginalbit

    Semi-Professional ComputerCrafter

  • Moderators
  • 7,332 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 26 September 2013 - 01:31 PM

 nutcase84, on 26 September 2013 - 11:18 AM, said:

Will post some screenshots soon.

What is it you say to everyone that does this?............ oh thats right........... No pics no clicks.


[sarcasm]
Man I'm so excited to see yet another incomplete nutcase OS....... what is that now, 3 OSes? ..... wooooooooo.... can you just feel my excitement....
[/sarcasm]

 ZudoHackz, on 26 September 2013 - 11:34 AM, said:

if not term.isColor then
print("FireOS requires a advanced computer.")
error()
end
You are checking to see if term.isColor is equal to false. It is true, so the program carries on. And crashes.
Well actually he is checking if term.isColor is nil, not equal to false, this is a good way to check if it's being run on pre-CC1.4 computers, but yes, if its a normal computer this line will allow it to continue, and crash.

 Mikk809h, on 26 September 2013 - 01:15 PM, said:

term.isColor() -- parantheses
Actually
if not (term.isColor and term.isColor()) then
  error("FireOS requires an advanced computer.", 0)
end
Would be the better way to do it.

#6 nutcase84

  • Members
  • 711 posts
  • LocationIn My Lonely Little Computer Corner

Posted 26 September 2013 - 02:52 PM

 theoriginalbit, on 26 September 2013 - 01:31 PM, said:

 ZudoHackz, on 26 September 2013 - 11:34 AM, said:

if not term.isColor then
print("FireOS requires a advanced computer.")
error()
end
You are checking to see if term.isColor is equal to false. It is true, so the program carries on. And crashes.
Well actually he is checking if term.isColor is nil, not equal to false, this is a good way to check if it's being run on pre-CC1.4 computers, but yes, if its a normal computer this line will allow it to continue, and crash.

 Mikk809h, on 26 September 2013 - 01:15 PM, said:

term.isColor() -- parantheses
Actually
if not (term.isColor and term.isColor()) then
  error("FireOS requires an advanced computer.", 0)
end
Would be the better way to do it.

I didn't think about that, will fix. Thanks!

 theoriginalbit, on 26 September 2013 - 01:31 PM, said:

 nutcase84, on 26 September 2013 - 11:18 AM, said:

Will post some screenshots soon.

What is it you say to everyone that does this?............ oh thats right........... No pics no clicks.


[sarcasm]
Man I'm so excited to see yet another incomplete nutcase OS....... what is that now, 3 OSes? ..... wooooooooo.... can you just feel my excitement....
[/sarcasm]

I had to leave for karate. Gosh. :blink:

And I typed out my story why this is a development release, but for some reason, it just deleted everything. So I'll give you the short version.

One day, a noob by the name of nutcase, started development of a OS. He lost the code from a hard drive error, so he started again, but now he was good at coding, so he could make it better. He released this OS called Nut OS, It wasn't all that great, and was incomplete. But he lost time to support and update it, so he scraped it. But after a while, he found more time. So he started a new OS called Firewolf OS. People didn't like the name, so he scraped it. Now, he's releasing a new OS based on Nut OS. It shall be called Fire OS. He hopes to make this OS great.

Oh man, what a story. :D

 ZudoHackz, on 26 September 2013 - 11:30 AM, said:

:) Nice. But I thought it was released at cc-con?

It was going to be, but I got impatient just sitting on the code. :D

#7 Kamefrede

  • Members
  • 30 posts
  • LocationPortugal,porto

Posted 26 September 2013 - 03:30 PM

I like. I download. I use. I love. Using this as my os forever. ( just cuz mehOs is not getting supported anymore)

#8 nutcase84

  • Members
  • 711 posts
  • LocationIn My Lonely Little Computer Corner

Posted 26 September 2013 - 03:47 PM

 Kamefrede, on 26 September 2013 - 03:30 PM, said:

I like. I download. I use. I love. Using this as my os forever. ( just cuz mehOs is not getting supported anymore)

Thank you! Diamonds to you! (And a OS. :D)

Added a poll, as I said before, this UI probably isn't final. Please vote!

13.9.26.1DP released. Fixed the normal computer bug.
Spoiler

I have recently googled FireOS, and it turns out that's amazon's android based operating system. So I am renaming. Again. I am thinking about Flow and FlowOS. It sounds cool, and modern. What do you think?

#9 nutcase84

  • Members
  • 711 posts
  • LocationIn My Lonely Little Computer Corner

Posted 27 September 2013 - 07:37 AM

13.9.27DP is almost ready! Here's a screenshot!
Posted Image
I plan on releasing a new version every day! (Except on weekends, and when I am busy.)

#10 Gvin

  • Members
  • 44 posts
  • LocationBelarus

Posted 27 September 2013 - 08:25 AM

Please add some more information about your OS. Is it multitasking or windowed? And add more screens!
What icon size do you use?

#11 nutcase84

  • Members
  • 711 posts
  • LocationIn My Lonely Little Computer Corner

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:54 AM

 Gvin, on 27 September 2013 - 08:25 AM, said:

Please add some more information about your OS. Is it multitasking or windowed? And add more screens!
What icon size do you use?

Added a little more info, I will add more screenshots with the next update.

The icons are currently 5x5, but I think I'm going to upgrade them to 5x7, I don't really know. What do you think?

#12 nutcase84

  • Members
  • 711 posts
  • LocationIn My Lonely Little Computer Corner

Posted 27 September 2013 - 10:36 AM

13.9.27DP released! It's doesn't add anything, just the change of name.

#13 figgycity50

  • Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:23 AM

 nutcase84, on 26 September 2013 - 02:52 PM, said:

...
One day, a noob by the name of nutcase, started development of a OS. He lost the code from a hard drive error, so he started again...
hahaha that happened to me once, but with my os updater error instead of a hard drive error.

#14 nutcase84

  • Members
  • 711 posts
  • LocationIn My Lonely Little Computer Corner

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:22 PM

 figgycity50, on 27 September 2013 - 11:23 AM, said:

 nutcase84, on 26 September 2013 - 02:52 PM, said:

...
One day, a noob by the name of nutcase, started development of a OS. He lost the code from a hard drive error, so he started again...
hahaha that happened to me once, but with my os updater error instead of a hard drive error.

Oh yeah, auto updates... can be bad for development. :D

#15 nutcase84

  • Members
  • 711 posts
  • LocationIn My Lonely Little Computer Corner

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:36 PM

Pastebin installer now available!

pastebin get ZsyCFtWr

#16 Gvin

  • Members
  • 44 posts
  • LocationBelarus

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:34 PM

 nutcase84, on 27 September 2013 - 09:54 AM, said:

 Gvin, on 27 September 2013 - 08:25 AM, said:

Please add some more information about your OS. Is it multitasking or windowed? And add more screens!
What icon size do you use?

Added a little more info, I will add more screenshots with the next update.

The icons are currently 5x5, but I think I'm going to upgrade them to 5x7, I don't really know. What do you think?

Thanks for fast reply! I think that 5x7 icons can be too large for standard resolution. Did your OS support custom resolutions?

#17 nutcase84

  • Members
  • 711 posts
  • LocationIn My Lonely Little Computer Corner

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:52 PM

 Gvin, on 27 September 2013 - 01:34 PM, said:

 nutcase84, on 27 September 2013 - 09:54 AM, said:

 Gvin, on 27 September 2013 - 08:25 AM, said:

Please add some more information about your OS. Is it multitasking or windowed? And add more screens!
What icon size do you use?

Added a little more info, I will add more screenshots with the next update.

The icons are currently 5x5, but I think I'm going to upgrade them to 5x7, I don't really know. What do you think?

Thanks for fast reply! I think that 5x7 icons can be too large for standard resolution. Did your OS support custom resolutions?

Not currently... It's half done. I'm slowly making it work.

 Nekoloch, on 27 September 2013 - 01:16 PM, said:

This looks exactly the same as a few other OS' I've looked at.
I don't know, but maybe you should list out the features that are unique to your OS specifically.

Nothing unique about my OS right now, well, not that I know of. :P

#18 H4X0RZ

  • Members
  • 1,315 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 27 September 2013 - 03:56 PM

 Nekoloch, on 27 September 2013 - 03:39 PM, said:

Just a curious bit here, but... what does the "Dp" stand for in your Version?
maybe something with development.

#19 ardera

  • Members
  • 503 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 27 September 2013 - 04:29 PM

I think DP means "Developer Preview".

#20 nutcase84

  • Members
  • 711 posts
  • LocationIn My Lonely Little Computer Corner

Posted 27 September 2013 - 04:33 PM

DP = Developer Preview
CP = Consumer Preview

Then it will be normal releases.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users