Flowos (Open Source) - 13.9.27Dp

77 replies to this topic

Poll: FlowOS Redux Poll (95 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you use a improved version of FlowOS?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Would you use a multi-user feature?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 nutcase84

• Members
  • 711 posts
  • LocationIn My Lonely Little Computer Corner

Posted 27 September 2013 - 04:57 PM

View PostNekoloch, on 27 September 2013 - 04:48 PM, said:

Spoiler
Honestly I think the FireW icon would look better if it were made similar to how the main logo was made (3D kinda / Shadows)
And as a personal preference that worm, I like colors.lime better xD (you can ignore my preference though, it's just fine)

Like this?
Posted Image
I don't think i'm going to do that, the icons are supposed to be 5x5. The icon here is 5x6 with the shadow. But if you want to edit the icon, click paint, then enter this.
Posted Image
.sys/img/icon1 - icon4

#22 nutcase84

• Members
  • 711 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 05:10 PM

View PostNekoloch, on 27 September 2013 - 05:06 PM, said:

If I do edit it, will the auto-updater (if there is one) come by and sweep out my changes?

Yes there is a auto updater, but it's disabled, I haven't got around to it. It shouldn't change it, unless I change the icons. Remember to back up you stuff, kids!

#23 nutcase84

• Members
  • 711 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 06:05 AM

View PostNekoloch, on 27 September 2013 - 07:36 PM, said:

You should make it to where you can whitelist certain files from update overwriting.
:) I haven't seen that done yet.

I might... it would be easier to just copy the file, then copy it back when the update is done.

I will be gone this weekend, camping. But I will be back on Monday! I will put out 13.9.30DP!

#24 svdragster

• Members
  • 222 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 29 September 2013 - 01:32 PM

I do like the design of it, but you really need to work on functionality!

Also black font isn't good over blue background ^^ Just saying because the [close] button etc is hard to read.

#25 nutcase84

• Members
  • 711 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:03 PM

View Postsvdragster, on 29 September 2013 - 01:32 PM, said:

I do like the design of it, but you really need to work on functionality!

Also black font isn't good over blue background ^^ Just saying because the [close] button etc is hard to read.

Working on it!

About the colors... how do you like this?
Posted Image
I actually do like it better...

#26 Gvin

• Members
  • 44 posts
  • LocationBelarus

Posted 30 September 2013 - 08:21 AM

View PostNekoloch, on 27 September 2013 - 01:35 PM, said:

View PostGvin, on 27 September 2013 - 01:34 PM, said:

View Postnutcase84, on 27 September 2013 - 09:54 AM, said:

View PostGvin, on 27 September 2013 - 08:25 AM, said:

Please add some more information about your OS. Is it multitasking or windowed? And add more screens!
What icon size do you use?

Added a little more info, I will add more screenshots with the next update.

The icons are currently 5x5, but I think I'm going to upgrade them to 5x7, I don't really know. What do you think?

Thanks for fast reply! I think that 5x7 icons can be too large for standard resolution. Did your OS support custom resolutions?
Large monitors, anyone?

Not large monitors but at least large resolutions. Some people set computercraft computer interface resolution larger than default 51x19. For example I like to use 60x30. But only a few OSes support such custom resolutions. For example my OS does =)

#27 nutcase84

• Members
  • 711 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 10:22 AM

View PostGvin, on 30 September 2013 - 08:21 AM, said:

View PostNekoloch, on 27 September 2013 - 01:35 PM, said:

View PostGvin, on 27 September 2013 - 01:34 PM, said:

View Postnutcase84, on 27 September 2013 - 09:54 AM, said:

View PostGvin, on 27 September 2013 - 08:25 AM, said:

Please add some more information about your OS. Is it multitasking or windowed? And add more screens!
What icon size do you use?

Added a little more info, I will add more screenshots with the next update.

The icons are currently 5x5, but I think I'm going to upgrade them to 5x7, I don't really know. What do you think?

Thanks for fast reply! I think that 5x7 icons can be too large for standard resolution. Did your OS support custom resolutions?
Large monitors, anyone?

Not large monitors but at least large resolutions. Some people set computercraft computer interface resolution larger than default 51x19. For example I like to use 60x30. But only a few OSes support such custom resolutions. For example my OS does =)

I don't really see why I need to support custom resolutions, it seems that barely anyone changes it.

#28 Zudo

• Members
  • 800 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 30 September 2013 - 11:08 AM

View Postnutcase84, on 30 September 2013 - 10:22 AM, said:

-snip-
I don't really see why I need to support custom resolutions, it seems that barely anyone changes it.

But if someone wants to run it on a monitor... :D

#29 nutcase84

• Members
  • 711 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 11:17 AM

View PostZudoHackz, on 30 September 2013 - 11:08 AM, said:

-snip-

But if someone wants to run it on a monitor... :D

I have tried running it on a monitor, but it doesn't like touch events. All you can do is open and close the menu. Weird.

#30 Zudo

• Members
  • 800 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 30 September 2013 - 11:26 AM

This is because monitor_touch doesn't have the first argument, the left or right click one.
EDIT: probably.

#31 Gvin

• Members
  • 44 posts
  • LocationBelarus

Posted 30 September 2013 - 11:44 AM

It is not very complicated to make custom resolution support. And I think that this feature is required often enought to be implemented.
And for monitors: to use OS on them you should create some application like the virtual keyboard and find some solution for moving windows (because dragging event doesn't work), left clicking and other stuff. Mybe I will implement this things in my OS some day.

#32 nutcase84

• Members
  • 711 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 01:34 PM

View PostZudoHackz, on 30 September 2013 - 11:26 AM, said:

This is because monitor_touch doesn't have the first argument, the left or right click one.
EDIT: probably.

Yep, that's it.

View PostGvin, on 30 September 2013 - 11:44 AM, said:

It is not very complicated to make custom resolution support. And I think that this feature is required often enought to be implemented.
And for monitors: to use OS on them you should create some application like the virtual keyboard and find some solution for moving windows (because dragging event doesn't work), left clicking and other stuff. Mybe I will implement this things in my OS some day.

Well, not during the DP. And FlowOS doesn't have "windows".

#33 nutcase84

• Members
  • 711 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 07:57 PM

Sorry guys, couldn't put out 13.9.30DP. :( But I probably will put one out tomorrow!

#34 svdragster

• Members
  • 222 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:40 AM

Because you wonder why people want the Tile UI: it's nice to use in ComputerCraft, because it's not a huge mess and you have a bigger place to write things on the tiles :P

Also would be cool if you added some kind of Api people can implement to their programs for example a notification Api.

#35 nutcase84

• Members
  • 711 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 01:22 PM

View Postsvdragster, on 02 October 2013 - 10:40 AM, said:

Because you wonder why people want the Tile UI: it's nice to use in ComputerCraft, because it's not a huge mess and you have a bigger place to write things on the tiles :P

Also would be cool if you added some kind of Api people can implement to their programs for example a notification Api.

Huh, never thought of it that way. Good point. I'll start working on it soon! I just went back to Windows 8, so it will be awhile...

#36 YuvonDovah

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:19 AM

No clock? I think that should be implemented!

#37 svdragster

• Members
  • 222 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:47 AM

View PostYuvonDovah, on 03 October 2013 - 10:19 AM, said:

But make the clock changeable from reallife time or ingame time ^^

#38 YuvonDovah

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:01 PM

View Postsvdragster, on 03 October 2013 - 11:47 AM, said:

View PostYuvonDovah, on 03 October 2013 - 10:19 AM, said:

But make the clock changeable from reallife time or ingame time ^^

Ingame time with the os.time() also maybe the day (in game), i've tried to do this but I need to get it to refresh every second and if I do that it refreshes the whole of my os screen meaning every time I press a button (in the os) it refreshes and gone; hope you might be able to figure it out though.

#39 svdragster

• Members
  • 222 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:13 PM

You need to use parallel Api.

#40 YuvonDovah

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:50 PM

Sorry to bother but how would I implement that into my code, it's not very advanced and there are some things that i've probabley done wrong. It's the basic gui for my Os.
Spoiler

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users