#1 MudkipTheEpic

• Members
  • 639 posts
  • LocationWhere you'd least expect it.

Posted 26 September 2013 - 06:03 PM

Mudkip's AutoTyper

EDIT: Facepalm. I messed up something.

Feel free to lock this until it's fixed. :/

Although I would like some advice on HOW to fix.

Fixed.

Hey everyone, this is a little Java experiment I made. It's not very user friendly (yet), but I believe it has potential.

Have you ever been on a server with HTTP off, and wanted a program you didn't want to take the trouble to type out manually? Use AutoType! It gives you 10 seconds to focus onto the Minecraft window, then starts automatically typing!

How To Run:

(No GUI Yet!)

java -jar AutoType.jar filepath

Download:

Dropbox

Source:

Github

Bugs:

If you click out of the CC window while it's still typing, it keeps typing.

(Not sure how to fix)

Please report any and all bugs!

Edited by MudkipTheEpic, 26 September 2013 - 06:26 PM.

#2 nutcase84

• Members
  • 711 posts
  • LocationIn My Lonely Little Computer Corner

Posted 26 September 2013 - 06:12 PM

Posted Image
:(

#3 MudkipTheEpic

• Members
  • 639 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 06:18 PM

Fixed bug that made quotes not typable.

EDIT: Fixed bug that made colons not typable.

Tell me whenever you see a key it can't type!

Edit: Fixed broken jarfile (Why won't it include Keyboard.class in the jar???)

EDITWALRUS: Fixed ALL special characters. (I think)

Edited by MudkipTheEpic, 26 September 2013 - 06:38 PM.

#4 Mr. Fang

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 06:30 PM

I enjoy programs like this because I can more easily set up a Computer Software company in-game without HTTP. However, the penalty for clicking out of the Minecraft Window while it's typing can really become a nuisance. I hope you find a way to change it!
(Congrats on making such an awesome program.)

#5 MudkipTheEpic

• Members
  • 639 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 06:51 PM

Greatly increased speed! Should still be typo-free!

#6 Mackan90096

• Signature Abuser
  • 518 posts
  • LocationIn my basement.

Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:10 PM

:o Muddy!

Glad to see that you're alive :P

Also, I can't run it...

#7 MudkipTheEpic

• Members
  • 639 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:30 PM

Show me your error.

--offtopic: Yes, I just went into language learning mode for a while.

Now I know Lua, Python, C, Java, and more.

#8 apemanzilla

• Members
  • 1,421 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 10:17 PM

Sweet, this looks amazing!! Will this work on Mac?

Also, maybe you could add a hotkey (like F12 or something) that's pauses/stops the typer so you can safely switch windows.

#9 MudkipTheEpic

• Members
  • 639 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 12:51 PM

View PostApemanzilla, on 27 September 2013 - 10:17 PM, said:

Sweet, this looks amazing!! Will this work on Mac? Also, maybe you could add a hotkey (like F12 or something) that's pauses/stops the typer so you can safely switch windows.

Yes, it works on all platforms that support java.awt.Robot.

I am working on adding a Tray item (top gray bar of screen for Mac, bottom blue bar for Windows), so you can control it from there. It's still very buggy. I'm putting it on the dev branch of my Github repo.

#10 Knux14

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:37 AM

Also, maybe you could add a hotkey (like F12 or something) that's pauses/stops the typer so you can safely switch windows.
You can't make a keybind in Java because of Java, you can only put keylistener on a window or a pane so no keybind;
That would be a great idea but it will need to have an external component (JNI) to uses key in this program, and so be OS dependent ...

#11 MudkipTheEpic

• Members
  • 639 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 03:13 PM

View PostKnux14, on 30 September 2013 - 04:37 AM, said:

You can't make a keybind in Java because of Java, you can only put keylistener on a window or a pane so no keybind;
That would be a great idea but it will need to have an external component (JNI) to uses key in this program, and so be OS dependent ...

True, but thanks to JKeyMaster, a public open-source library, I CAN!

Introducing...

Mudkip's Autotyper V2!

Changelog:
  • Fixed spaces and CC editor hating each other.
  • Removed buggy tray item
  • Added hotkey (F5) to stop/start the typing for select platforms. (X11, Mac, and Windows.) Don't worry if you aren't supported, you just won't be able to use the hotkey, the rest will work fine.
Still command line until I make the GUI.

Same download link, just redownload.

Report any bugs you find.

#12 razaz03

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 06:16 AM

View PostMudkipTheEpic, on 24 December 2013 - 03:13 PM, said:

View PostKnux14, on 30 September 2013 - 04:37 AM, said:

Sweet, this looks amazing!! Will this work on Mac? Also, maybe you could add a hotkey (like F12 or something) that's pauses/stops the typer so you can safely switch windows.
You can't make a keybind in Java because of Java, you can only put keylistener on a window or a pane so no keybind; That would be a great idea but it will need to have an external component (JNI) to uses key in this program, and so be OS dependent ...
True, but thanks to JKeyMaster, a public open-source library, I CAN! Introducing... Mudkip's Autotyper V2! Changelog:
  • Fixed spaces and CC editor hating each other.
  • Removed buggy tray item
  • Added hotkey (F5) to stop/start the typing for select platforms. (X11, Mac, and Windows.) Don't worry if you aren't supported, you just won't be able to use the hotkey, the rest will work fine.
Still command line until I make the GUI. Same download link, just redownload. Report any bugs you find.

This is great!

- Quick question: could I perchance have the source pretty please? You've got some formatting issues (with #s and "s) and maybe an interface issue I'd like to resolve. I Will of course credit you with all the work and promote it as well.

Lemme know,

raz

#13 sadow200

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 08:13 AM

When ever i have it type a program for me it seems to mess up at the end of it and mistype the last part of the code

#14 MatthewC529

• Members
  • 36 posts
  • LocationNew York, USA

Posted 04 August 2014 - 06:20 AM

Hmmm... looking at your source code... I am going to fix a few issues and do some clarification. This is a good starter application in Java! If you want take a look at my Java Programs at GitHub (as well as Modder's like Pahimar) for proper Java conventions, practice and some neat tricks you may not know.

I am going to fork your repository and apply some clean up, probably even clean up redundant code and problematic code, but it is up to you to accept it, either way I will fix what I think needs fixing and submit the pull request.

It's a smart application! Though it might be a heavyweight solution to a lightweight problem. java.awt.Robot isn't... always... reliable. If only the "Paste" event gave you the ENTIRE clipboard and not just the first line....

#15 123Joshua321

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 09:09 AM

Runs fine and will do the keystrokes (types if I have something else open) but for some reason does not type into a computer in-game. I am using the tekkit (classic) mudpack, so would this have a difference?

#16 Luca_S

• Members
  • 407 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 December 2014 - 09:22 PM

This doesn't make sense: You need Java 8 to run this, but with java 8 Forge wont work

#17 Dog

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • LocationEarth orbit

Posted 20 December 2014 - 01:18 AM

I've had problems with MC 1.6.4 and Java 8, but 1.7.10 (and Forge) seem to work fine. I'm guessing you're on 1.6.4 or prior, Luca0208?

#18 Luca_S

• Members
  • 407 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 20 December 2014 - 06:00 PM

Both MC 1.6.4 and 1.7.10 didn't worked, I will try again

#19 tony1485

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 20 December 2014 - 07:21 PM

View PostLuca0208, on 19 December 2014 - 09:22 PM, said:

This doesn't make sense: You need Java 8 to run this, but with java 8 Forge wont work
As far as I know, Forge 1217+ works with Java 8. For older Forge builds, LexManos has released a file you can put in your mods folder to make it work with Java 8.
https://twitter.com/...464855907344384

What really doesn't make sense is that we need a program like this instead of a simple copy paste :P

#20 Luca_S

• Members
  • 407 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 December 2014 - 12:40 PM

I used this:

for i,v in pairs do
print(i,"=",v)
end

and the end was this:

for i,v in pairs do
  print)i,;V=